Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rwtdiver
    Vice Admiral
    • Feb 2019

WOW! I can see this is getting out of hand!! LOL. We got to watch David!! It's time we got back to subject at hand! Building SUBMARINES!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040002.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	137197

Rob

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by rwtdiver
      WOW! I can see this is getting out of hand!! LOL. We got to watch David!! It's time we got back to subject at hand! Building SUBMARINES!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040002.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	137197

Rob

Oh, yeah! … more 3D printing. Gee, thanks, Rob.

David
      Smashing head into brick-wall
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• rwtdiver
        Vice Admiral
        • Feb 2019

I am closing this blog out. Not doing project!

Rob

Comment

• trout
          Admiral
          • Jul 2011

Rob,
          What happened?
          Would really like to see you move forward.
          Peace,
          Tom
          If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• rwtdiver
            Vice Admiral
            • Feb 2019

Thank you Tom,

If I do start up a new blog! It will be TOTALY in-line with designing and 3D Printing Submarines, and Sub-Drivers!

Rob

Last edited by rwtdiver; 03-17-2020, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• rwtdiver
              Vice Admiral
              • Feb 2019

One last side note: Reference page #30 of this blog. David Merriman did send me a 2.5" MSD at no charge. As of this date I sent it back to him.....

Rob

NOTE: I am done here!!!
              Last edited by rwtdiver; 03-17-2020, 06:01 PM. Reason: add note.

Comment

• trout
                Admiral
                • Jul 2011

I am not sure what happened, and it is not important to this conversation, but i am sorry you are leaving. i hope our joking and ribbing did not cause you to leave.
                Enjoyed you while you were here, even the servo tom stuff.
                take care.
                If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• QuarterMaster
                  Rear Admiral
                  • Sep 2015

I guess he wouldn't survive a Bluenose, Golden Dragon or Shellback initiation.

Funny enough Dave in reality is the biggest teddy bear on the planet (a closet Hillary/Bernie fan......all rainbows and Unicorn Farts). I will Love him and squeeze him and pet him and call him George. And if George makes me angry, I'll do mean things to him like stroke his fur the wrong way.

All kidding aside he's given the shirt off his back to many a member, he can bust me up any time he wants because I would NOT have the skills I have today if he hadn't. School of hard knocks is the school of survivors.

"Sub" Ed

v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
                  NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
                  USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by QuarterMaster
                    I guess he wouldn't survive a Bluenose, Golden Dragon or Shellback initiation.

Funny enough Dave in reality is the biggest teddy bear on the planet (a closet Hillary/Bernie fan......all rainbows and Unicorn Farts). I will Love him and squeeze him and pet him and call him George. And if George makes me angry, I'll do mean things to him like stroke his fur the wrong way.

All kidding aside he's given the shirt off his back to many a member, he can bust me up any time he wants because I would NOT have the skills I have today if he hadn't. School of hard knocks is the school of survivors.

"Sub" Ed

Well. What can I say but, **** you very much, Ed.

David
                    God of the Underworld
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• rwtdiver
                      Vice Admiral
                      • Feb 2019

OK! I can really see this is really getting out of hand!! I have no where in both the blogs I have started EVER said anything derogatory about David Merriman! I think it's time David steps up and makes that point clear! The issue at hand is. When David offered me this MSD (which I accepted with some hesitation) I have always worked hard and paid my way through this life, and at this point I felt I should pay something beside just postage for the MSD!

Well at this point (Dave being persistent, as you all know he can be) I accepted his offer. Dave and I are very strong minded. We both have our OWN ways of doing things. And I can assure you with both these two mind sets coming together there is going to be (personality problems, issues and strife! As a veteran RC Aircraft builder and flyer for 45 years, I know my way around building models.. With all this and the hits I have endured about 3D PRINTING I decided before it does get out of hand to withdraw from this project.

I have done nothing that deserves this kind riff from anyone!! Dave Merriman could settle this crap! by stepping up.

Last word to you Mr. "Sub Ed" Before you go making any statement of what I could or could not survive! You need to walk a mile in my shoes before you start lipping off with statements like that!!!

Rob
                      Last edited by rwtdiver; 03-18-2020, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• Aug 2008

OK! I can really see this is really getting out of hand!! I have no where in both the blogs I have started EVER said anything derogatory about David Merriman! I think it's time David steps up and makes that point clear! The issue at hand is. When David offered me this MSD (which I accepted with some hesitation) I have always worked hard and paid my way through this life, and at this point I felt I should pay something beside just postage for the MSD!

Well at this point (Dave being persistent, as you all know he can be) I accepted his offer. Dave and I are very strong minded. We both have our OWN ways of doing things. And I can assure you with both these two mind sets coming together there is going to be (personality problems, issues and strife! As a veteran RC Aircraft builder and flyer for 45 years, I know my way around building models.. With all this and the hits I have endured about 3D PRINTING I decided before it does get out of hand to withdraw from this project.

I have done nothing that deserves this kind riff from anyone!! Dave Merriman could settle this crap! by stepping up.

Last word to you Mr. "Sub Ed" Before you go making any statement of what I could or could not survive! You need to walk a mile in my shoes before you start lipping off with statements like that!!!

Rob
                        OK then.

Rob has neither directly or indirectly said anything derogatory about me. To the contrary, Rob has been most correct, polite and responsible. Rob repeatedly offered compensation for the product I sent him. Each time I declined (as a matter of course, I only accept payment from my employer, Nautilus Drydocks, AKA Bob Martine). The SD I provided Rob was used and was simply taking up space in the shop -- as it had little value to me, I regarded it as a useful item for Rob to either examine or employ in one of his r/c submarine projects.

I was unaware of our (Rob and mine) inevitable personality clash. Type-A's often clash, its a defining charactoristic. In hind sight, and Rob's observation, and his return of the SD and sudden departure from his WIP's, I have to agree -- best the two of us stay on our respective sides of the mountain. For the time being at least.

Yeah, I'm guilty of pinging on Rob about his use of 3D technology. Guilty as charged! Some appreciate my bull-in-a-china-shop directness. Some don't. Some let it ride. Some won't.

There, that should please the crowd. Positions stated. Appropriate actions taken.

David Douglass Merriman lll
                        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• rwtdiver
                          Vice Admiral
                          • Feb 2019

David,

Thank you very much! I have every intention to stay with this hobby, and learn all that I can from people like YOU! I have nothing but greatest RESPECT for you and your abilities! I read through your blogs everyday to pick up every tidbit of information I possibly can.

David!! I thank you again for your response here!

Like wise "Mr. Ed" Now lets put and end to this crap!!!!

Rob Taylor
                          Vietnam, one tour (The bad years)
                          Retired Fireman (the good & the bad years)

Last edited by rwtdiver; 03-18-2020, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• QuarterMaster
                            Rear Admiral
                            • Sep 2015

Rob
                            I don't shut down posts...

I'll walk in your shoes, shorts...whatever...

For the record. I couldn't care less what you do...or write.
                            v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
                            NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
                            USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                              Welcome to my underwater realm!
                              • Aug 2009

Rob,

I'm jetlagged and working off of 3 hours of sleep, so take that into consideration when reading the following.

I, too, have taken the ribbing from His Majesty about my growing reliance on 3D printing. You have to understand, this is not an attack on you, or even on the technology. David, like many others, laments the inevitable death of the true craftsman, he who forges through will and talent that which no other can create. Computer-aided crafting is, despite any amount of kicking, screaming or crying, here to stay (until the big solar flare comes and wipes us all back to the stone age, that is). David knows this, but he doesn't have to like it.

I have to think that you perused the forums prior to posting. You've seen what he's like. He talks straight. He doesn't suffer fools. He ****es people off left, right and center. That all said, he is one of the most generous men I've ever come to know in this hobby, both with his time, his talent, and his products.

I'm sorry that David's comment regarding 3D printing seems to have affected you on a personal level. That was not his intention, and I honestly can't see anywhere anything that could be construed as such. You'll need to accept the fact that this particular sandbox is a function of the membership here: a crude, rough, talented, obsessed group of bubbleheads.

You can accept that, or find another sandbox to play in.

I, for one, would hate for that to happen. I think you'll find the sand here is to your liking, once you get used to the occasional rock or present from the cat lurking in it's depths...

Bob

Comment

• rwtdiver
                                Vice Admiral
                                • Feb 2019

Thanks Bob,

OK! Enough said on this subject!! If this is the way this forum operates (lesson learned) I will stand TOE to TOE with any of you and Build on!!:-))

Rob

Comment

Working...