Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by MFR1964
    Okay, i got to ask,what's with the thumb?, did you plaster it with bondo?, smeared it under with niitro-stan?, glued it with superglue?, share the gory details.

Manfred
    You insensitive, cruel, blood-thirsty foreigners!

So, you want the details?... I refer you to my recent communique to another forum: Warship Models Underway Message Board 2.2.3 - what I did today (mysite.com)

post #469

David
    Idiot Medic
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• MFR1964
      Detail Nut of the First Order
      • Sep 2010

I knew it, i knew it, the smell of blood is unmistakeble, as well the smell of superglue, by the way, never knew you had so much hair.

Manfred

European Shark.
      I went underground

Comment

• Aug 2008

I knew it, i knew it, the smell of blood is unmistakeble, as well the smell of superglue, by the way, never knew you had so much hair.

Manfred

European Shark.
        LOL. I'm originally a creature of the North, so the hair is part of the deal.
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Das Boot
          Rear Admiral
          • Dec 2019

I’m certainly not a paint and body man, and I had no idea to add CA to the bondo. Wish I had known this before since I’m always frustrated with flaky no stick cured red crap. Does this apply to the putty too?
          Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

Comment

• Das Boot
            Rear Admiral
            • Dec 2019

Okay, i got to ask,what's with the thumb?, did you plaster it with bondo?, smeared it under with niitro-stan?, glued it with superglue?, share the gory details.

Manfred
            Manfred, he’s dangerous with any sharp instrument.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Das Boot
              I’m certainly not a paint and body man, and I had no idea to add CA to the bondo. Wish I had known this before since I’m always frustrated with flaky no stick cured red crap. Does this apply to the putty too?
              No. The lacquer-based putty, providing the plastic models surface is oil-free, will etch/fuse itself into the substrate achieving a very tight bond. You don't over-coat it with CA.
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• goshawk823
                Lieutenant Commander
                • Oct 2010

Manfred, he’s dangerous with any sharp instrument.
                I first saw David use CA as a skin bandage around 1996 at the SubRegatta. He was working on a fix for my 688 at the side of the pond, and his Xacto slipped, and lo and behold, blood was flowing. Out came the little bottle, and before you knew it, he was “cured” (pun intended).

Comment

• Monahan Steam Models
                  Captain
                  • Apr 2020

Man that Dive Tribe meeting today sure suddenly went dark quick right when I asked about your type XXIII and the thumb…. Hahahaha!!!

Weird…

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Monahan Steam Models
                    Man that Dive Tribe meeting today sure suddenly went dark quick right when I asked about your type XXIII and the thumb…. Hahahaha!!!

Weird…
                    LOL. Bob will never learn. Never give the ******* of the group the 'kill-switch'.

Ah.... censorship. I could grow to like doing that. Thank God Bob turns the recorder off for that last hour so we can let our hair down. It was a real treat having Ron Perrott join us -- he really is one of the guys who made this hobby work. And you got to go to his site and check out his brass-work. World class!

As to the Typ-23 I'm still working to refine where upper hull meets lower hull. Just fiddly work. The thumb is OK, I keep a fresh coat of CA on it. It was worthy of at least four stitches, but I don't have time for that ****!

How you do'n, Mountain-Man? Road cleared and power restored to the compound?

David
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Monahan Steam Models
                      Captain
                      • Apr 2020

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

LOL. Bob will never learn. Never give the ******* of the group the 'kill-switch'.

Ah.... censorship. I could grow to like doing that. Thank God Bob turns the recorder off for that last hour so we can let our hair down. It was a real treat having Ron Perrott join us -- he really is one of the guys who made this hobby work. And you got to go to his site and check out his brass-work. World class!

As to the Typ-23 I'm still working to refine where upper hull meets lower hull. Just fiddly work. The thumb is OK, I keep a fresh coat of CA on it. It was worthy of at least four stitches, but I don't have time for that ****!

How you do'n, Mountain-Man? Road cleared and power restored to the compound?

David
                      LOL. Yes that was classic and priceless. Well played! I laughed my *** off when the video feed abruptly ended. It was great that Ron Perrott joined the rest of us hooligans. His work really is amazing.

Only giving you a hard time about the thumb because both my left and right index fingers suffered from a similar fate from a #11 xacto blade about 5 days apart this past week. Was in the early hours of the morning while everyone else was still asleep. Wakes you up better than coffee does! Had to bite my tongue and grab the super glue. I don’t have time for stitches either!

Yeah, the road is cleared and power is finally back on. Just still dealing with chopping up and clearing the mess from all the downed trees. That storm made a mess of things just when I thought I was done doing that for the season. And if dealing with that mess hasn’t been enough, I’ve been redoing the finished WTC for the type VII to be 3 separate modules instead of one because why not…

BTW, Frank is really out of control… I mean geez. What’s with you east coast guys?

Nick

Comment

• Das Boot
                        Rear Admiral
                        • Dec 2019

I turned around and the feed was gone. Anyway, lookie what I ran across.

Last edited by Das Boot; 01-15-2022, 11:44 PM.

Comment

• SubDude
                          Captain
                          • Dec 2019

WOW! Kinda grainy but did David have painted nails in that first one?

Comment

• Aug 2008

I turned around and the feed was gone. Anyway, lookie what I ran across.

https://youtu.be/n_XdUQnbpRs
                            Damn! That was some crap quality videotape! Shot back in the days when dinosaurs still ruled the Earth.
                            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by RCJetDude
                              WOW! Kinda grainy but did David have painted nails in that first one?
                              ... I bust my ass setting up the filming gear; arrange the shop for proper lighting and framing of the work for the camera; work out a coherent script... and the only things you knuckle-dragging, critical, smart-ass troglodytes can fixate on are slashed fingers and what nail-polish is in vogue that day?!

F all of ya!

David
                              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Das Boot
                                Rear Admiral
                                • Dec 2019

A beard too.

Comment

Working...