Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wlambing
    Commander
    • Nov 2020

Dawn dishwashing liquid, a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, or a 3M Greenie pad will take care of the ring! Simple Green, too if you can get it!! :)

Comment

• SubDude
      Captain
      • Dec 2019

Originally posted by trout
      Tomorrow night I will be packing for the trek to GA. It has been a fun time this past week, I broke my skipjack, fixed it, broke it, fixed it.....now it leaves little tine for doing beauty fixes on the Gato and test time for other subs I intend to bring.......In the words of David, F*** it. I will take the jabs and figure I have plenty of pool time to work on the subs once I am there. Really looking forward to meeting many faces I have only read about or communicated through electronic formats. Anyways, let the journey begin!
      Safe travels sir.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by RCJetDude
        Wow! I had to look that one up. Who'd a thunk!?!
        I blame Melville!

Don't give the Canadian too much credit, Steve. Rick just watched one-too-many Bob Burgers episodes.

(guess I did too).

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Tomorrow night I will be packing for the trek to GA. It has been a fun time this past week, I broke my skipjack, fixed it, broke it, fixed it.....now it leaves little tine for doing beauty fixes on the Gato and test time for other subs I intend to bring.......In the words of David, F*** it. I will take the jabs and figure I have plenty of pool time to work on the subs once I am there. Really looking forward to meeting many faces I have only read about or communicated through electronic formats. Anyways, let the journey begin!
          Stop breaking stuff, you idiot! Slow, steady steps, pal. See you pool side.

David
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• rwtdiver
            Vice Admiral
            • Feb 2019

Have a safe journey Tom! Lots of photos! Take care!

Rob
            "Firemen can stand the heat"

Comment

• trout
              Admiral
              • Jul 2011

Originally posted by rwtdiver

Have a safe journey Tom! Lots of photos! Take care!

Rob
              Thank you Rob! Planning on taking video and photos!
              If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• eckloss
                Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                • Nov 2014

I'm not bringing any operational boats this year. so I'm just going to take another 3,762 pics again this year. I will however be bringing a test print of a 1/72 Borei.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by eckloss
                  I'm not bringing any operational boats this year. so I'm just going to take another 3,762 pics again this year. I will however be bringing a test print of a 1/72 Borei.
                  I'm bringing ten. I'm sure there will be one in the litter you want to play with.

David
                  Who is John Galt?

Comment

• rwtdiver
                    Vice Admiral
                    • Feb 2019

Originally posted by eckloss
                    eckloss,

If the 3D printed Borei from Nautilus Drydocks is the files you are talking about!?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Borei 955.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	153707

I can tell you the files where really great! This shot shows the boat in for testing before any finish work at all! Have a great time at SubFest!

Rob

Comment

• trout
                      Admiral
                      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

Stop breaking stuff, you idiot! Slow, steady steps, pal. See you pool side.

David
                      It seems to be my nature to break things. No argument on the idiot part.
                      For the record, I will not cuddle with you pool side if you get cold, just say’n.
                      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Das Boot
                        Rear Admiral
                        • Dec 2019

Name:	63853230-5AE2-4225-8C35-A395895C97D5.jpeg
Views:	268
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	153717 Left the sonar dome for last to paint. Damn tape leaked a bit. Touched it up. All I need to do is pack. Me and the wife are leaving at 1300 Thursday. We’re going to eat Thursday night and I’ll see everyone bright and early Friday morning. I would come out Thursday night but Dave needs his beauty sleep.
                        Casey
                        Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

Comment

• rwtdiver
                          Vice Admiral
                          • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Das Boot

Name:	63853230-5AE2-4225-8C35-A395895C97D5.jpeg
Views:	268
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	153717 Left the sonar dome for last to paint. Damn tape leaked a bit. Touched it up. All I need to do is pack. Me and the wife are leaving at 1300 Thursday. We’re going to eat Thursday night and I’ll see everyone bright and early Friday morning. I would come out Thursday night but Dave needs his beauty sleep.
                          Casey
                          Hope all you guys have a SAFE trip, and loads of fun! For those of us that could not make it, make sure you take tons of photos and videos!

Stay SAFE and have fun!!!!!

Rob

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                            Welcome to my underwater realm!
                            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Ken_NJ
                            Question about the 'pond'. This will be my first time at Subfest. How deep is it? I know it's a concrete 'pond'. Is the bottom concrete? Just thinking of a boat scraping against the bottom if it should happen.
                            The pond is about 14ft deep at the center, if memory serves. 90% of it is concrete lined except the very center.

I'm flying in tonight and will try to make the restaurant. Likely I'll be in around 6:30pm or so if the car pickup process goes smoothly at Chattanooga.

See y'all there!

Bob

Comment

• SubDude
                              Captain
                              • Dec 2019

I just stopped by the resort and the water is crystal clear!

Name:	20210923_161241.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	153736

Name:	20210923_161305.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	153737

Comment

• Ken_NJ
                                Captain
                                • Sep 2014

Made it to Chattanooga. Left Wednesday, overnight stop in Roanoke. No making the dinner. See ya all tomorrow.

Comment

Working...