• MFR1964
    replied
    Making the connector wasn't that much work, but it's working like intended,

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1891.JPG
Views:	266
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	137570

This is the tube which is connected to the schnorkel float.

Name:	IMG_1892.JPG
Views:	250
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	137571

Here you can see the airline running to the float, still have to fasten it with some brackets to the hull, that can be done later when i know the exact position of the airline.

Name:	IMG_1894.JPG
Views:	246
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	137572

This is the machined part, used some solid copper rod, drilled it out and made me some grooves inside, those grooves hold the O rings.

Name:	IMG_1895.JPG
Views:	264
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	137573

This was the endgoal, by pushing in the connector i've got me a solid connection, no tools needed for removing it.

Manfred.

Leave a comment:

• MFR1964
    replied
    Thanks for all your comments guys, it made me and SWMBO laugh, which is a good thing, the bad thing is, people are dying here like flies, each time there are more sick people added to the list, they gave us more restrictions, i must say not that heavy as with Bart, the future will learn if our measures will be effective.

So, that was the serious part, the bright side is, i've corrected some things at the SD.

Name:	IMG_1884.JPG
Views:	290
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	137392

The SD is now finished and tested, had to replace the receiver and the levelkeeper, added the magnetconnectors and finished up the connections to the rearpart of the sub.

Name:	IMG_1885.JPG
Views:	282
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	137393

Locked down the diveplanes and the rudders for the next step, cutting the rods the right length.

Name:	IMG_1886.JPG
Views:	277
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	137394

I did kept some extra length so i could tweek with them.

Name:	IMG_1888.JPG
Views:	261
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	137395

Taking my measurement for cutting down the rods.

Name:	IMG_1897.JPG
Views:	262
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	137396

After cutting the rods up it revealed that it did not work as intended, so back to the drawingboard, my second attempt made me use bowdencables, this works like a charm.

Next step will be. starting up the lathe for my schnorkelconnector, and modify my construction for holding down the resquebouy.

Manfred.

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by Subculture
    They need to make toilet roll snickers. Seems to be what everyone is after at the moment- seems to be priority number one to have something to wipe their arse!
    Yeah. I don't get the rush-on-****-paper thing. This is not digestive, its pulmonary. Idiots!

Leave a comment:

• Subculture
    replied
    They need to make toilet roll snickers. Seems to be what everyone is after at the moment- seems to be priority number one to have something to wipe their arse!

Leave a comment:

replied
    LOL, Tom. Right on point!

David

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    I had to look that up.......Triffids

Here is a photo of one of our Walmarts.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Lodg24KZQOODpi2PUAzPGg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.1 KB ID:	137175

BUT, the real survival food was not being touched

Click image for larger version  Name:	vdoug24ETWyfPwgM3WsWsQ.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.6 KB ID:	137176

That's correct, there were still Snickers!

Stay safe Manfred.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Subculture
    I'm wondering at which point the Triffids will turn up?
    Only a true SF fan would quip that, Andy! Buckets of sea-water on stand-by!

David

Leave a comment:

• Subculture
    replied
    I'm wondering at which point the Triffids will turn up?

Leave a comment:

replied
    Hang tight, Manfred. We'll get through this, pal. And Ellie say's hi, to your Boss Lady.

Stand by for heavy rolls, my friend.

David

Leave a comment:

• MFR1964
    replied
    Interesting times are starting here in the Netherlands, today they announced a partial shutdown of the country, She Who Will Be Obeyed was ordered last week to work from home by laptop, we are still well, and hope to stay that way by limiting our social contacts.
    It's a big mess in the Southern part of our country, they expect a second wave to hit this week, which can turn out nasty, i'll keep you guys informed.

Manfred.

Leave a comment:

• MFR1964
    replied
    All the delivered servo's are placed, rear bulkhead is finished as is the front bulkhead.

Name:	IMG_1866.JPG
Views:	341
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	136365

Name:	IMG_1867.JPG
Views:	336
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	136366

All cables are tied together with small T raps, i like to keep things tidy, that ESC i ordered some time ago as a test, it can handle up to 10A, BEC 1A, the horns of the servo's are not yet fastened, this will be done when i know the exact position with all channels in neutral.

Name:	IMG_1862.JPG
Views:	366
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	136367

I did mentioned about linking up the SAS float at the front , don't want to peel the tube off each time, so i've designed a watertight airplug which i have to make on the lathe.

Name:	IMG_1863.JPG
Views:	327
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	136369

This is not needed for the rearpart, i only have to adjust the length of the tubes.

Before i can start testing the SD i have to take out the SL8 receiver from the 212, don't know why, but my contraption with the old receiver and shadow programmer is dead, in a way it's better, the receiver was allready a bit of a risk.

Manfred.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• MFR1964
    replied
    The ordered servo's will arrive next week, just in time to replace the dummy servo's i used to get the arragement right, pictures

Name:	IMG_1851.JPG
Views:	375
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	136229

I had to make a bracket to house the servo's for the launchtubes, took some stock aluminum plate and bended the right shape, those white strips of evergreen will be used to fasten the servo's.

Name:	IMG_1854.JPG
Views:	344
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	136230

Took some broken servo's as a dummy to see at which position they had to be placed.

Name:	IMG_1858.JPG
Views:	363
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	136231

Bended the rods for controlling the launchtubes, it's a tight fitt around the control switches but enough room is left for moving them.

Name:	IMG_1859.JPG
Views:	361
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	136232

All wires in the rearpart of the SD are in, all connectors soldered and documented which is which.

Name:	IMG_1860.JPG
Views:	363
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	136233

Battery pack and levelkeeper are placed inside, made a small charging plug so i don't have to take the battery pack out during charging.

Name:	IMG_1861.JPG
Views:	353
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	136234

From left to right, levelkeeper, battery pack and the charging plug.

For now i have to wait when i have the servo's, when arrived i can start building up the rear bulkhead and the front bulkhead and start testing my contraption.

Manfred.

Leave a comment:

• george
    replied
    I may be wrong but your post 270 has No pictures showing. All previous ones are visible.

Leave a comment:

• MFR1964
    replied
    Ran into a ittybitty problem with the SL8, it would not hold the paired channel after power down,

Name:	IMG_1856.JPG
Views:	230
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	135982

Since i don't have any SL8 receivers anymore i came up with this, rewired a shadow programmer and connected it to the SL8

Name:	IMG_1850.JPG
Views:	199
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	135986

Normally you have to push a button on the shadow programmer to add the setting, i came up with the waterproof push switch to imitate that.

Name:	IMG_1857.JPG
Views:	202
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	135983

Soldered the switching wire paralel to the onboard switch, yet again i had to pull some extra wires to the frontpart of the SD.

Name:	IMG_1848.JPG
Views:	215
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	135984

Name:	IMG_1849.JPG
Views:	224
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	135985

I finished up the external plumbing on the SD, as intended i've got me a clean SD outside with a minimum stuff sticking out.

After this contraption was wired out into the SD i could start with some basic testing, it revealed that using the shadow programmer wired into the SL8 worked as intended, so, first you have to power up the SD, then you push the watertight pushswitch and the SL8 is paired and ready to use.

End of this week the servo's will arrive, so i can start building up the front bulkhead for receiving the two torpedo servo's and finish the soldering connectors on the extra wiring.

Manfred.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MFR1964; 01-09-2020, 01:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MFR1964
    replied
    Thanks,

I agree there is a lot of work envolved, building the hull/plug took most of the time, unfortunally there where running some side-projects through this build, at the end she will see the water, servo's are ordered.

Name:	IMG_1845.JPG
Views:	241
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	135856

Next batch of plumbing is ready, the white tubes are plastick, they will be used for the antenna wire.

Name:	IMG_1846.JPG
Views:	233
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	135855

This piece of tubing will go to the float of the SAS, it will be connected by a hose to the connecter which is present on the bulkhead of my middle part, i will take some pics to explain that, also pulled some extra wires to the frontpart of the SD for running the angle keeper and launchtube servo's.

Manfred.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...