Japanese 1/16 scale A Class midget submarine build.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • george
    Captain
    • Dec 2010

Hello HNSBN

Just wanted to see if you had a chance to send me the Type A plans, I PM you my address as per your instructions. Question, what scale are they in and what enlargement factor is needed for 1/16 Or 1/24?

Thanks Again for the posts and lectures HNSBN.

George

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by george
      Hello HNSBN

Just wanted to see if you had a chance to send me the Type A plans, I PM you my address as per your instructions. Question, what scale are they in and what enlargement factor is needed for 1/16 Or 1/24?

Thanks Again for the posts and lectures HNSBN.

George
      I've been busy in the shop. I'll go to the copy place in a day or two.

M
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• george
        Captain
        • Dec 2010

Hello Again

Thank You for that. What do I need to do to get either a 1/16 OR 1/24 scale copy of the plans from you?

George

Comment

• Von Hilde
          Rear Admiral
          • Oct 2011

George. There are no plans, so to speek. The drawings, are just drawings with a 1 foot scale line below. If you want a particular scale, you have to do the math and have the picture enlarged to suit your application. I used this and blew it up with all the original notes included as a plan sheet. As for actual detatils you have to interpilate from your photo searching. My self, have been researching this particular boat H-19 since 1962, and theres still stuff I'm learning about it.Click image for larger version

Name:	Type%20A%20Mini%20Sub.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	97897

Comment

• Von Hilde
            Rear Admiral
            • Oct 2011

Havent been paying much attention to this project for a week or so. Some more props came in the mail that I had ordered awhile ago. Before I had even setteled on the scale. I just made a quick guess for the 1/24th and ordered a set of Raboesch 25mm 4 blade counter rotation from Westbourne models in GB. Shortly after I ordered a pair of 90mm Rivabo for the 1/16th scale. They both are beautiful, but I cant use them. I just re ordered some 75mm, that I will use on the 1/19th scale that it turned out to be.Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	98311
            Last edited by Von Hilde; 04-28-2015, 07:30 AM.

Comment

• Von Hilde
              Rear Admiral
              • Oct 2011

Since, whatever size props I get they will still have to be trimmed to represent the actual ones, because I am using tug boat or utility props. The pitch is about the same but the bite overlaps when installed in line. I used a photo of the ha 18 an held the corrisponding prop in front and used a marker to draw the contour outline and shaded in the metal to be removed. Then masking tape to transfer to an aluminium template to mark the other blades uniformly. Same procedure using the reverse side of the template to mark the counter prop.Click image for larger version

Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	98361Click image for larger version

Name:	Ha8 props and cage.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	98362Click image for larger version

Name:	Ha8 props.jpg
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	98363basiclly some of the blade face has to be removed from tip to root. and about mm of tip to conform to the clearance of the cage. Ill end up with an 80mm prop from the 90.Ballancing the final trim is not so dificult they are low rpm to start with and not as tempromental as race props which I have some experience with in, full scale boats. They are going to have some beafy shafts but I will fill the OEM 5mm threaded shaft holes and re drill new sized holes individually. Just picked up a big Chicago drill press, so now I can play around with stuff like that better with more precission. Dont know where I will set it up yet, but I will find the room.Click image for larger version

Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	98364Click image for larger version

Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	98365Click image for larger version

Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	98366
              Last edited by Von Hilde; 04-29-2015, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• george
                Captain
                • Dec 2010

Hello HNSBN

Just letting you know that I got your pictures today that you had sent me.

Thanks Again.

George

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by george
                  Hello HNSBN

Just letting you know that I got your pictures today that you had sent me.

Thanks Again.

George
                  Sorry for taking so long, been busy of late.

M
                  Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...