Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HvyCGN9
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Jan 2013

Charged up main battery and did a check the airpump LED still changes from red to green when you trip the toggle on Tx but pump doesn't do anything (it might be stuck it felt like motor can was getting warm but could be my imagination lol)

Bruce

Comment

• RCSubGuy
      Welcome to my underwater realm!
      • Aug 2009

The pump controllers are all located in the Electronics section of the site.

Scroll down, click "LOAD MORE".
      Exceptional scale models, accessories and RC components with a focus on military, sci-fi and fantasy submarines.

Comment

• greenman407
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

Look at all the stuff! Great Selection Bob.
        IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• HvyCGN9
          Lieutenant Commander
          • Jan 2013

G'day All,

Long time between posts!! Rereading my last postings about issues with the airpump I thought I would share what the problem turned out to be !! Back when I posted last I got frustrated with it and intended to look at it again in a couple of weeks....2 years later I got round to problem solving what the deal was....took me all of 15mins to work out the control board on air pump was working fine, the issue was the soldered motor contacts had dry joints!! On the 430km road trip some of the sharper bumps in the road had caused the lightly soldered joints to break giving intermitnant function....out with the soldering iron and got that fixed. My only problem now is the USS Shark won't stay surfaced when you finish blowing ballast. Next job is to have a look at why the release valve won't seal....

Also have a scored a second much bigger 1/72 sub from my mate SLATS!! USS Seawolf SSN21, just need to refit the subdriver and the buy new drive batteries..

Cheers Bruce

Comment

• HvyCGN9
            Lieutenant Commander
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

Sorry about that. I'm likely the idiot who soldered that MPC to the back of the motor. Must have done that work on a Monday. Put a drop of oil into the vent valve. See if that helps keep the air in.

David
            LOL cheers Dave, I will have a play with it soon, need to give it all a maintenance session and make sure its all working right! Luckily I have Slats living just 10mins away now so I can get advice!!

Cheers Bruce

Comment

Working...