X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by HvyCGN9
    Yup the little renshape dodad with 2 pipes facing aft and 1 fwd on top of ballast tank...my mate suggested having a short bit of brass tube to locate it in the hole prehaps. It came off due to me pulling the hose to hard at wrong angle!!

I changed the motor early on when I was getting a lot of interference in the SD which later turned out to be a bad BEC (from Hobbyking.....). The motor is similar to a rock crawler motor but I will do some more testing before swapping it back...

Cheers Bruce

PS the new float valve works sweetly!!
    Hey Bruce! Lookin good! I would like to come down(way down) and run with you, but Austrailia is just a wee bit too far for the likes of me. At anyrate those Rock Crawler motors start at 35 turn and go up. Way too slow in the RPM dept. for that sub. May I suggest you go back to the Caswell/Merriman supplied twister. Youll be much happier with its get up and go! Cheers!
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• HvyCGN9
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
      Thanks for the feed-back, Bruce. Much appreciated.

You need any parts from me? List 'em and I'll blast them off to you. Don't know about your current motor, but the one you yanked was already spark-suppressed (internal cap's), and is very high-torque. Consider putting that sucker back in there.

Glad the new snorkel induction float-valve is getting it done. The SD staying dry for you?

M
      G'day Dave,

SD only had a tiny amount of water in it after second run (prehaps equal to 3 peas in volume)

I am ok for bits at the moment mate thank you for the offer!!

got to dash off to work......

Bruce

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

G'day Dave,

SD only had a tiny amount of water in it after second run (prehaps equal to 3 peas in volume)

I am ok for bits at the moment mate thank you for the offer!!

got to dash off to work......

Bruce
        OK, Bruce. Track down that leak -- where, forward or after dry space?

Go to work!

M
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• HvyCGN9
          Lieutenant Commander
          • Jan 2013

h2o was in aft dry space (or should that be "slightly damp space") could be a pushrod seal or might need more grease around SD O rings... will test it again once I get manifold reattached to SD....

Bruce

Comment

• Aug 2008

Gotcha, thanks, Bruce.

M
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• HvyCGN9
              Lieutenant Commander
              • Jan 2013

I haven't logged on for a while been side tracked working on my LHA.....! So I finds a shiny new website!! Swweeeeettt.....well done !

USS Shark will be getting a systems check this weekend in readiness for an OZ day deployment on the 26th...

Cheers Bruce

Comment

• HvyCGN9
                Lieutenant Commander
                • Jan 2013

Finally had a chance to do some work on the SHARK over the weekend!! gave it a good clean before painting the orange (escape hatch's??) deck section on Sat. Then did the hull no's and depth markings Sunday night. Will be doing a clear coat on Wednesday when I have my day off!! here are a couple of pix...

Will do some waterline weathering once clear coat has had a good chance to dry....

Comment

• HvyCGN9
                  Lieutenant Commander
                  • Jan 2013

also are there any aftermarket/replacement PE sets for the Skipjack?? As you can see from aft pic upper PE is missing!! otherside is the same, lower pair are still in place.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Marker buoys.

M
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• greenman407
                      Admiral
                      • Feb 2009

Yes on the photo etch. You will find them on this page here:http://sub-driver.com/index.php/acce...etch-kits.html
                      Great looking boat by the way. I love the extra bumps.

Comment

• HvyCGN9
                        Lieutenant Commander
                        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by greenman407
                        Yes on the photo etch. You will find them on this page here:http://sub-driver.com/index.php/acce...etch-kits.html
                        Great looking boat by the way. I love the extra bumps.
                        Thanks mate!! I wish I had some $$ for that PE but I only need 2 parts !!LOL I am going to drill the holes out and put some mesh behind.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Thanks mate!! I wish I had some $$ for that PE but I only need 2 parts !!LOL I am going to drill the holes out and put some mesh behind.
                          Have you tried contacting Moebius for the missing parts?

M
                          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• HvyCGN9
                            Lieutenant Commander
                            • Jan 2013

I have drilled out the holes for now...will have a crack at contacting Moebius about some PE bits....

Did some pre running maintenance and some weathering before a run a weekend back (before the weather went back to winter mode...) but had to macgyver a repair when the sailplane dogbone part snapped thru the grub screw! My repair is much stronger..... C pic

Cheers Bruce

Comment

• greenman407
                              Admiral
                              • Feb 2009

Good idea on the terminal blocks. Nice little pond you have for sailing

Comment

• HvyCGN9
                                Lieutenant Commander
                                • Jan 2013

Last weekend had the Shark down at Naracoorte for our TF72 National regatta we had 3 proper subs (a HMS Trafalgar, USS Cheyenne and my USS Shark) this year and one surface running I53.

Phil's USS Cheyenne SSN773
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	BS regatta19112016 033a1.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	367.2 KB
ID:	117754
                                Got all my surface fleet setup then got Shark ready for a cruise with Cheyenne sent her off and she just did not want to stay under kept porpoising. So I brought her back in for a check and seem ok.....sent her back out finally got her to dive.....then started to have motor cutting in and out (still had signal cause I could see rudders moving when I tweaked controls), then she decided the bottom looked nice and comfy, refusing to come back up!! It was at this point that I had enuff and switched the Tx off....and waited to see if the failsafe would kick in!! After about 30secs the boat began to slowly come up....and I mean very slowly!! When it surfaced I switched Tx back on and steered her straight back to me for drydocking.

USS Shark SSN591 shortly before troubles began...

Name:	20161119 Mick Elst_0141 uss shark.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	296.4 KB
ID:	117756

Haig's HMS Trafalgar

Name:	20161119 Mick Elst_0410 Trafalgar.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	428.6 KB
ID:	117755
                                Back on the table opened her up to find motor compartment with water 3/4up the motor!! popped her open to dry out, and there she sat for rest of the day. Now that everything is dried out it looks like the either the airpump or the circuit on airpump is non functional.

Had a look on the new webstore but can't seem to find the circuit that goes on the airpump?? Who make that??

Cheers Bruce

Comment

Working...