Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trout
    Admiral
    • Jul 2011

It works and your sub looks great. I am sorry for the trouble.
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• greenman407
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

Thanks Tom. I have remarked in the past that this sub is hard to balance for and aft. Well that may be true but I did notice that the Battery WTC is bigger than my battery in length. That means that without some mark or barrier, the battery will be forward or aft by as much as over an inch each time. Perhaps thats why I am always chasing the balance. Im going back to the kiddie pool with the battery in a permanent FIXED position so that perhaps my efforts to balance it will bare fruit.
      IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• Albion
        Captain
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by greenman407
        As Good as my Word. We went to Clearwater today with Cameraman in tow. It was nice to get out. I did one lap and brought it in to adjust the APC for greater sensitivity. The APC went south from there. Nothing to do but come back home. Did get one video and some stills. Ill install another APC and try to get back over here soon. Pictures to follow.
        That place seems a good enough reason to move to Florida !!!

Whats the internal length of your ballast tank (and its a 2.5" cylinder?)
        Last edited by Albion; 07-25-2016, 11:43 PM.
        Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• MFR1964
          Detail Nut of the First Order
          • Sep 2010

Mark,

Excellent job !!, very nice to see her run, once dialed in, she is a great scope runner, do you only have the APC on the rear divingplanes? or does it run on both planes?, as for the batterypack, mine is locked behind the droplet catcher, so it's allways at the same position, i even can charge it while being inside the Subdriver, made some loading connections inside the tube, simply to avoid changing the position of the battery which can alter the balance of the boat.

Manfred.
          I went underground

Comment

• bwi 971
            Captain
            • Jan 2015

Great stuff Mark......she is sailing awesome.
            Need to finish mine after the summer holidays.....hope I can post a similar video soon.

Grtz,
            Bart
            Practical wisdom is only to be learned in the school of experience.
            "Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• greenman407
              Admiral
              • Feb 2009

Albion, the 2.5" cylinders ballast tank is right at 7" long internal volume. I custom made this cylinder using old used parts from another cylinder that I bought from Caswells yard sale. The motor bulkhead is a hybrid joining of a 2&1/2" cylinders mounting ring with a 3" cylinders gearbox and outer housing, therefore its powered by a Speed 400 motor driving a 3:1 gearbox. The Duck pond as I call it is just a holding pond, decorative for the surrounding shops. It has circulation pumps that aerate the water in three fountains. It seems to do a good job at keeping the water fairly clear.

Comment

• greenman407
                Admiral
                • Feb 2009

Thanks for the comments Manfred and Bart. The APC is linked only to the rear planes but both forward and rear planes are controlled from seperate channels.

Comment

• greenman407
                  Admiral
                  • Feb 2009

I spotted this video on youtube about another 1/35 scale Type 23. Really coolstuff. Check it out.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYSyZRLxiJY

Comment

• greenman407
                    Admiral
                    • Feb 2009

I got it in the pool today to add some weight. Didnt need to. I had placed the Lipo battery all the way forward in the battery WTC. And then placed the Battery WTC all the way back against the Subdriver. That way, all the weight is in the same place, everytime. It worked out just right. The APC has a few glitches in setup mode but once set I think it will be OK. Its now set for moderate sensitivity instead of minimal.
                    With all that I think we are ready for another go at it.

Comment

Working...