• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by cgbillb
    Tom
    you stated that
    "Spotlights can work against you. This video is me just holding the 808 camera (in a case I made) by hand and guessing the pan rate.
    Going back to spotlights, what they can do is reflect off of all the tiny bits in the water, scattering the light, and making it even harder to see."
    When I was Scuba diving I had to have spot light to take any photos.
    What is the differences ? Mine was right on top of the camera case,
    Bill

Your photo taking was of objects not at all far from lens. An underwater camera, with a long distance between subject and lens there is much more suspended matter in the water to block/attenuate the quality of the image captured by the camera.

In my navy diving days I was the go-to guy with the Nikon's and video gear. In awful harbor water (with the opacity and purity of an unflushed bus-station toilet) I got good shots (prairie-masker belts, and dinged propeller blades), but only by careful lens selection, off-set flash, and getting the lens right on top of the work. And burning up a lot of film by bracketing each shot.

The longer the distance between camera and the work, the more ****ty the resolution.

And that's another reason combatant submarines don't have windows.

David
    Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 10-30-2018, 03:44 PM.
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• cgbillb
      Lieutenant Commander
      • May 2018

David
      You stated that channel 5 would be for ballast, did you mean that the Pump and the Vent via a two plug go to channel 5 one button for the Vent and one button for the pump?
      I got this from the Caswell site under SAS Sub-Driver, just want to make sure I under stand it right took photo but my cell has lost internet for some reason
      Are the Vent and the pump call the Ballast system?
      Bill

Comment

• Aug 2008

David
        You stated that channel 5 would be for ballast, did you mean that the Pump and the Vent via a two plug go to channel 5 one button for the Vent and one button for the pump?
        I got this from the Caswell site under SAS Sub-Driver, just want to make sure I under stand it right took photo but my cell has lost internet for some reason
        Are the Vent and the pump call the Ballast system?
        Bill
        Yes, a Y-lead is used to run the ballast servo and LPB (through it's MPC) in parallel. The input side of the lead makes up to the fail-safe (BLM) output.

Yeah, let's see a picture of your wiring when you can get that phone-camera to work.

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• cgbillb
          Lieutenant Commander
          • May 2018

Click image for larger version

Name:	54.JPG
Views:	220
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	128276
          Used my iPad this is what I have on channel 5 Vent and pump

Comment

• cgbillb
            Lieutenant Commander
            • May 2018

David
            OK thanks on the lights on cameras and I always wonder why sub did not have window's. thanks again
            Bill

Comment

• trout
              Admiral
              • Jul 2011

Tom
              you stated that
              "Spotlights can work against you. This video is me just holding the 808 camera (in a case I made) by hand and guessing the pan rate.
              Going back to spotlights, what they can do is reflect off of all the tiny bits in the water, scattering the light, and making it even harder to see."
              When I was Scuba diving I had to have spot light to take any photos.
              What is the differences ? Mine was right on top of the camera case,
              Bill
              You SCUBA dive as well? I like you more and more Bill. I am not sure if you were sport or professional diver, I am sport. I think David mentioned about offsetting the light source from the camera. The ocean is wonderfully clear where most sport divers go.....Keys, Hawaii, Bahamas, etc. (and even those places get murky when a storm just passed through). A flash used in the ocean many times was to restore some color filtered out by the depth (bring out the red spectrum). Anyways most ponds/lakes suffer from algae growth and particulate floating around (i.e. silt). Having lights close to either side of the camera, in my experiments, reflect back to the camera. I have some video taken that can show this, if I did not delete it (looking at green screen is not exciting LOL) Now Lake Tahoe is rated one of the clearest waters in the world.....that would be fun to take underwater images.....Hmmmm gotta think about that. Maybe next summer road trip! The Canadians have taken some wonderful images in the northern lakes (in fact I believe there is a clip in David's youtube about R/C Submarines).
              All that to say....give it a try AFTER you built this sub and have it running!
              If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Click image for larger version

Name:	54.JPG
Views:	220
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	128276
                Used my iPad this is what I have on channel 5 Vent and pump
                You got the right idea there, Bill. With the three-position switch in 'neutral' the ballast servo remains in neutral and the vent valve is closed, and the LPB does not run. With the button at the top depressed the servo goes hard over but the vent valve remains closed, and the LPB runs. With the lower button pushed the servo drives the vent valve open, and the LBP does not run. If need be, reverse the ch-5 servo direction to get the desired sequence of operation from the buttons.

Set the ch-5 endpoints like so: Vent -- 100% servo travel. Blow -- 40% servo travel.

I see you don't have a fail-safe between the receiver and Y-lead. Before this thing operated the Type-23 make sure you install such a device and set it up properly.

David
                Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Aug 2008

…..….… And get some heat-shrink around that receiver before you shuffle your feet on the carpet, touch the bare side of the board, and blast those chips to smithereens!

You people!

David
                  Who is John Galt?

Comment

• cgbillb
                    Lieutenant Commander
                    • May 2018

Tom
                    Yes your right no lights, no camera just out of the box
                    I don't dive anymore at 78 guess my diving days are done, but I will love to dive on the U-2513 in the keys before I leave this earth.
                    I was both sport and USCG and US Army
                    Did you see my last photo did I do the vent and pump right?
                    Bill
                    Last edited by cgbillb; 10-30-2018, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• cgbillb
                      Lieutenant Commander
                      • May 2018

David
                      Thanks I will do that all that
                      Bill

Comment

• cgbillb
                        Lieutenant Commander
                        • May 2018

Prev | Next

Micro Failsafe Device

The micro Failsafe is a must in any nitro/petrol RC model to protect the model from damage should you lose the signal from your transmitter due to low transmitter batteries or going out of transmitter range. The micro Failsafe also protects the model from a flat receiver battery.

The micro Failsafe can be programmed to activate at a selectable reciever battery low voltage and can also be programmed to tell the servos to go to a certain position should the failsafe activate.

LEDs are used to tell you if signal and battery are good or bad!

Micro Failsafe Device

SKU: MTRON-FS

Regular Price $12.99 Sale Price $9.99

Quantity

ADD TO CART

Comment

• cgbillb
                          Lieutenant Commander
                          • May 2018

David
                          Will this work only $10
                          Bill

Comment

• Aug 2008

Use this, Bill:

The battery link monitor not only provides the fail-safe function for loss of signal, it will also fail-safe the boat if the battery drops below the critical voltage. A must have feature on any vehicle using Lithium polymer batteries.

David
                            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
                              Admiral
                              • Jul 2011

Tom
                              Yes your right no lights, no camera just out of the box
                              I don't dive anymore at 78 guess my diving days are done, but I will love to dive on the U-2513 in the keys before I leave this earth.
                              I was both sport and USCG and US Army
                              Did you see my last photo did I do the vent and pump right?
                              Bill
                              Looks good Bill.
                              If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• cgbillb
                                Lieutenant Commander
                                • May 2018

Tom and David thanks for all the help om my U-2326 build

Comment

Working...