1/96 Albacore (after Phase III coversion 1961)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied

David

Leave a comment:

replied

David

Leave a comment:

replied

David

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by DMTNT
    Wow.

I'd love to know what your choice of gray primer is.
    I use industrial grade fillers, putties and paints.

The DuPont automotive primers and paints are my favorites. Economical, chemically stable, tough, and well supported throughout the country. Nason gray primer is the one of choice today, as the old S31S just got too costly.

My favorite application tool is the old, nasty Paasche H-model, single-action spray gun. I'll occasionally use a big touch-up gun for the bigger work, and only rare occasions I'll make use of a double-action spray-brush.

David

Leave a comment:

• DMTNT
    replied
    Wow.

I'd love to know what your choice of gray primer is.

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    replied
    Look at that wee beastie. Magnificent job.

Leave a comment:

replied

David

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    If it is not binding, another area is that the throw of the servo is much.

Leave a comment:

replied
    I’ll look into that. My temporary solution has been to just join the offending pushrods with a brass collar and a set screw. Kills the quick-detach functionality, but it’s not going anywhere.

-Brady
    That'll do it. But investigate why the magnet pull apart do to excessive tension -- something wroing with the linkage. Something is binding somewhere. Track it down and fix! Let's see some pictures of the linkages. Rudder, stern planes, and bow planes.

David

Leave a comment:

• DMTNT
    replied
    I’ll look into that. My temporary solution has been to just join the offending pushrods with a brass collar and a set screw. Kills the quick-detach functionality, but it’s not going anywhere.

-Brady

Leave a comment:

replied

Perhaps a dumb question, but I've found that my aft dive plane control rod magnet de-coupling when I apply full throw on the servo. It'll still pull the rod attached to the aft planes, but the connection breaks until the servo returns to neutral and the magnets re-couple. Full throw in the opposite direction isn't an issue as the rod is being pushed.
    You're not alone there. It's happened to me. Either owing to some mechanical binding within the linkage or hydrodynamic forces from the control surface itself. The solution, as some have done is to go with bigger magnets that are less prone to de-coupling under tension. What I do is slip on a bent 'U'-shaped retainer clip that keeps the two magnets in close proximity, no mater how much tension is exerted to break union between magnet faces.

David

Leave a comment:

• DMTNT
    replied
    Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
    Perhaps a dumb question, but I've found that my aft dive plane control rod magnet de-coupling when I apply full throw on the servo. It'll still pull the rod attached to the aft planes, but the connection breaks until the servo returns to neutral and the magnets re-couple. Full throw in the opposite direction isn't an issue as the rod is being pushed.

Leave a comment:

replied

David

Leave a comment:

replied

David

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by HardRock
    As I can see BOTH of your hands in these photographs (and having previously determined that you are NOT an octapus), I surmise that you have a PARTNER IN CRIME! Well, what about it Mister? Give up the info. Who took the photographs and more importantly, who can stand to be that close to you?
    Hey! That was totally uncalled for, mister! I shower once a month, need it or not!

Who held the camera? My long time pal, Martian War Machine (tripod).

David

Leave a comment:

Working...