1/96 Albacore (after Phase III coversion 1961)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    The thing is a battery hog, though. A fully charged 1500mAh Lithium-polymer battery was sucked down to only 60% after a half-hours play-time at the pool. As I don't have an installed Lipo-Guard or BLM (to safeguard the battery from going below its critical voltage), I have to play it very conservatively with the throttle and take time out for frequent battery changes. This beast will kill an unguarded battery if you're not careful.

David

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by HardRock
    I love this thing. What a great little boat. "Turning radius looks OK?" Are you nuts - that thing was turning in a few metres, just wonderful.
    LOL.

You did good, my friend. What a delightful little boat you came up with!

Still have to play with mixing ratios and control surface throws, but I've got the thing scared -- I'll have this pony broken eventually. Then it's on to the detailing, final prim, paint, and weathering.

Can't wait to introduce the Commie NOVEMBER to the guy's at the Lynnhaven Dive Center training pool!

David

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    replied
    I love this thing. What a great little boat. "Turning radius looks OK?" Are you nuts - that thing was turning in a few metres, just wonderful.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by trout
    Looked good. In the beginning of the tape just before alarm went off, was that tilting side to side? Did you add a little more weight to the sub?
    peace,
    tom
    The after propeller broached, with it's torque going to zero, the boat rolled because of the continuing torque of the forward propeller. Neat!

David

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    Looked good. In the beginning of the tape just before alarm went off, was that tilting side to side? Did you add a little more weight to the sub?
    peace,
    tom

Leave a comment:

• DMTNT
    replied
    Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
    Outstanding run. Congratulations, David!

Leave a comment:

replied

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by type7
    Wow, just noticed something. Putting connectors on the electronic switches! Makes them interchangeable. I have been putting the switches on the cylinders as I build them and I have a lot of cylinders and batteries! Really lowers the parts count.
    You betcha!

David

Leave a comment:

• type7
    replied
    Wow, just noticed something. Putting connectors on the electronic switches! Makes them interchangeable. I have been putting the switches on the cylinders as I build them and I have a lot of cylinders and batteries! Really lowers the parts count.

Leave a comment:

• Albion
    replied
    Very neat storage, I might be moving Long distance soon, so thinking I need something like that for packing.

Also so on the battery front , I had made up my own sets of Life batteries, with connections soldered on. Usually twinned to give me nominal 7volts. But if one cell was damaged it was a bugger to rework them. I’ve just bought new sets of 18650 and 14500 cells, together with battery holders, which are now available. I’ve hard wired the battery holders into the WTC and just pull the cells out for charging. Early days yet but seems a good solution.

a question, for the 2.5” cylinders I have a 2 cell holder and a single cell holder. What’s a good way to glue them together

Leave a comment:

replied

David

Leave a comment:

• reddevil
    replied
    Roger on that. Thanks

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by reddevil
    Don't know if it's the right place to ask about, but How much for one of the 1/96 SEAWOLF with the complete sub driver installed?
    I don't do turn-key work anymore. But, the man who does, and does it very well, is one Bob Martine. Just log onto the main page and contact him.

David

Leave a comment:

• reddevil
    replied
    Don't know if it's the right place to ask about, but How much for one of the 1/96 SEAWOLF with the complete sub driver installed?

Leave a comment:

replied

David

Leave a comment:

Working...