Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bwi 971
    Captain
    • Jan 2015

I have not been sitting on my butt all the time (actually I did but I was VICTOR III related) ....the designing faze is over.

In addition to the above I made the decision (finally) to start up my own side business.

After the AKULA was finished people approached me asking to make replicas of the sub for them. I wanted to but I did not design the mouldings with making replicas in mind, the scribing lines for instance were not integrated in them.
    Another thing was the fact that people would pay money for it and I did not want to upset the general administration of taxes in Belgium.

During the development of the VICTOR III I decided that by starting a side business I would not have to say no anymore. I can sell the VICTOR III hull’s and keep my night rest and the general administration of taxes as a friend.

Night rest I had very little of lately as I have made my own website in html code. Yes I’m cheap, so I wrote it myself without any knowledge of html, wont recommend it, but here you can find the result.

Hope to post some progress here by the end of the month.

Grtz,
    Bart

Practical wisdom is only to be learned in the school of experience.
    "Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Good looking site, Bart. And it was very classy of you to acknowledge those who contributed to your participation in this exacting business.

If I can help in any way, let me know.

David
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Davidh
        Captain
        • Nov 2010

Well done, Bart.

I took the leap of setting up a web page and selling my stuff. Admittedly my kits are not as detailed as yours and David's however, I have been getting orders and the feedback has been positive.

You will have success, in Terms of interest,. You will just need to find the right "operating tempo" that works for you.

regards

David H

Model kits of Radio Control Submarines. Six kits are on offer. Five are Cold war era Nuclear submarines and one is a World War One U-Boat.. These kits are fibreglass and are scale models of full size vessels.

Comment

• trout
          Admiral
          • Jul 2011

Congratulations Bart! I like your webpage and will continue to watch (maybe spend money - If I can ever save any)! Blessings!
          If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• bwi 971
            Captain
            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
            Good looking site, Bart. And it was very classy of you to acknowledge those who contributed to your participation in this exacting business.

If I can help in any way, let me know.

David
            Thks David, I wrote it in December......I made a promise to behave and to be a gentleman in that month…...so I guess they were lucky LOL.

If you offer to make the propeller still stands I will start with the stern first, make the tooling’s, cast it and sent it over to you?

grtz,
            Bart

"Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• bwi 971
              Captain
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Davidh
              Well done, Bart.

I took the leap of setting up a web page and selling my stuff. Admittedly my kits are not as detailed as yours and David's however, I have been getting orders and the feedback has been positive.

You will have success, in Terms of interest,. You will just need to find the right "operating tempo" that works for you.

regards

David H

https://zerobubblemodeldesign.jimdo.com

My operating tempo depends on the situ and on the person who you asked the question too.......the answer of "she who must be obeyed" will quite differ from mine.
              "Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• bwi 971
                Captain
                • Jan 2015

Originally posted by trout
                Congratulations Bart! I like your webpage and will continue to watch (maybe spend money - If I can ever save any)! Blessings!
                Thks Tom, I appriciate it......and congrads with your VP seat in the subcommitee......good to see that you're at the steering wheel.

Grtz,
                Bart
                "Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• HardRock
                  Vice Admiral
                  • Mar 2013

Well done Mate. I have warned PayPal to standby for imminent activity.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by bwi 971

Thks David, I wrote it in December......I made a promise to behave and to be a gentleman in that month…...so I guess they were lucky LOL.

If you offer to make the propeller still stands I will start with the stern first, make the tooling’s, cast it and sent it over to you?

grtz,
                    Bart

Excellent. Send it over when you can, Bart.

David
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• MFR1964
                      Detail Nut of the First Order
                      • Sep 2010

It's looking good Bart,
                      I must admit, i never have the gutts to start a webproject like you, i know you as a serious builder which has the same deformation for details as i have, so you are half the way to success.

Manfred.
                      I went underground

Comment

• bwi 971
                        Captain
                        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by HardRock
                        Well done Mate. I have warned PayPal to standby for imminent activity.
                        Originally posted by MFR1964
                        It's looking good Bart,
                        I must admit, i never have the gutts to start a webproject like you, i know you as a serious builder which has the same deformation for details as i have, so you are half the way to success.

Manfred.
                        Thks guy's !!

Grtz,
                        Bart

"Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• Aug 2008

As I didn't want to hack Tim's Golf build any longer so I started a new Topic

Gents, the development of a 1/96 VICTOR III has started.
                          Streaming the WWW for pictures and information about the sub for two weeks, got what I required so first step is has been taken.

Going to finish the AKULA first before I start crafting the VICTOR III.

In between I will process what I got on information.

Ok deal....suggest you jump in when I start laying up those hulls.

Rudders and planes are mine, the root of them will be part of the tail piece.
                          If you need pictures of the props or other parts just jell, I gathered a few now.

Grtz,
                          Bart

Point me to the appropriate documents you uncover that deal with the appendages and propeller(s) when you can.

David
                          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• bwi 971
                            Captain
                            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

Point me to the appropriate documents you uncover that deal with the appendages and propeller(s) when you can.

David
                            I will sent the full size pics to you
                            grtz,
                            bart
                            "Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• Aug 2008

I will sent the full size pics to you
                              grtz,
                              bart

(in the voice of Montgomery Burns)

'Excellent!'
                              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• bwi 971
                                Captain
                                • Jan 2015

Did some shopping today. It is eminent now.

The raw materials for the masters and the RTV Supporting jigs.
                                The modeling boards are respective 50 an 75mm thick.
                                In the middle you see marine grade stainless steel and messing rod to make the alignment pins and pockets for the moulds. Why marine grade stainless steel rod? Because It will also be used to make the prop shafts later on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040894001.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	193.2 KB
ID:	124833

Grtz,
                                Bart
                                "Samuel Smiles"

Comment

Working...