X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bwi 971
    Captain
    • Jan 2015

Victor III

As I didn't want to hack Tim's Golf build any longer so I started a new Topic

Gents, the development of a 1/96 VICTOR III has started.
    Streaming the WWW for pictures and information about the sub for two weeks, got what I required so first step is has been taken.

Going to finish the AKULA first before I start crafting the VICTOR III.

In between I will process what I got on information.

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

How bout this: You do the hull. I'll do all the appendages and propellers. We can knock this sucker out in no time.

David

Ok deal....suggest you jump in when I start laying up those hulls.

Rudders and planes are mine, the root of them will be part of the tail piece.
    If you need pictures of the props or other parts just jell, I gathered a few now.

Grtz,
    Bart

Practical wisdom is only to be learned in the school of experience.
    "Samuel Smiles"
  • bwi 971
    Captain
    • Jan 2015

You guys know I like sharing stuff so here are the prop pictures that came up during my digging, some of them I have in High resolution.

The prop setup of this model isn't correct compared to the real stuff I found......maybe it existed, didn’t' find anything like this though......but Russian subs are famous for their indefinitely variations. Click image for larger version  Name:	VICTOR III PROP (6)014.jpg Views:	1 Size:	176.0 KB ID:	120530

The second picture below is a beauty…..spot on…..perfect view.....setup clearly visible…….note the pitch of the fwd and aft blades. Click image for larger version  Name:	VICTOR III PROP (4)016.jpg Views:	1 Size:	246.8 KB ID:	120531
    Click image for larger version  Name:	VICTOR III PROP (2)019.jpg Views:	1 Size:	466.5 KB ID:	120532
    Click image for larger version  Name:	VICTOR III PROP (7)013.jpg Views:	1 Size:	227.0 KB ID:	120533
    Click image for larger version  Name:	VICTOR III PROP (8)012.jpg Views:	1 Size:	255.2 KB ID:	120534
    Click image for larger version  Name:	VICTOR III PROP (1)020.jpg Views:	1 Size:	381.8 KB ID:	120535
    Click image for larger version  Name:	VICTOR III PROP (2)018.jpg Views:	1 Size:	335.1 KB ID:	120536
    Click image for larger version  Name:	VICTOR III PROP (3)017.jpg Views:	1 Size:	427.0 KB ID:	120537
    Click image for larger version  Name:	VICTOR III PROP (11)009.jpg Views:	1 Size:	171.6 KB ID:	120538
    Click image for larger version  Name:	VICTOR III PROP (5)015.jpg Views:	1 Size:	412.4 KB ID:	120539
    Click image for larger version  Name:	VICTOR III PROP (9)011.jpg Views:	1 Size:	245.7 KB ID:	120540
    Click image for larger version  Name:	VICTOR III PROP (12)008.jpg Views:	1 Size:	382.7 KB ID:	120541
    Click image for larger version  Name:	VICTOR III PROP (13)007.jpg Views:	1 Size:	482.1 KB ID:	120542
    Click image for larger version  Name:	VICTOR III PROP (10)010.jpg Views:	1 Size:	115.7 KB ID:	120543
    Click image for larger version  Name:	VICTOR III PROP (15)005.jpg Views:	1 Size:	298.9 KB ID:	120544
    Click image for larger version  Name:	VICTOR III PROP (1)001.jpg Views:	1 Size:	219.0 KB ID:	120546
    Click image for larger version  Name:	VICTOR III PROP (17)003.jpg Views:	1 Size:	372.0 KB ID:	120547
    Click image for larger version  Name:	VICTOR III PROP (14)006.jpg Views:	1 Size:	270.9 KB ID:	120549

And a regular 5 bladed prop.....hey it's a Russian sub what did you expect……consistency my ass.

Speaking of that anyone noticed that the SB VICTOR III on the semi-submersible heavy transport vessels has been provided with a7 bladed prop (Akula lookalike)?
    That’s what I mean with processing information.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	VICTOR III PROP (18)002.jpg Views:	1 Size:	368.9 KB ID:	120548

Grtz,
    Bart
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bwi 971; 03-08-2017, 05:12 PM.
    "Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• bwi 971
      Captain
      • Jan 2015

Dear HWSNBN refering to the above

A 8 bladed tandem prop (2x4 blades), a 5 bladed regular prop and a 7 bladed highly skewed propeller please......I need to find a fourth one.

Darn that 5 bladed prop is on a VICTOR I or II, just two remaining.

Is that first picture the K variant of the VICTOR III, does it have contra rotating props?....I like it....back to three.

The highly skewed propeller is the K-360 the tandem is the K-507....tandem props from K-387 (VICTOR II) onwards.......highly skewed propeller I assume from K-360 onwards ......I'm getting their.......next up are the SOKS

Grtz,
      Bart

Last edited by bwi 971; 03-08-2017, 07:01 PM.
      "Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Magnificent. I can work from this, providing I have a good plan.

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• bwi 971
          Captain
          • Jan 2015

I propose we go for the "tandem" prop?
          Do we want one with all the drama on the sail regarding the sensors?
          With all that I can narrow the amount of subs drastically and I can pick a sub number and we have the corresponding emblem (thinking about the decals)

When I have determined witch one I can put some details on paper.

Grtz,
          Bart

"Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• Aug 2008

Magnificent. I can work from this, providing I have a good plan.

David
            ... And I just got word that a good set of drawings are underway to me. Time for Bart and me to get in synchronization on our documentation. Bart, we'll take this to e-mail, OK?

David
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Greevesman
              Ensign
              • Dec 2016

On the way to some happy third world buyer.
              David, Can you re create weathering like that?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by bwi 971
                Dear HWSNBN refering to the above

A 8 bladed tandem prop (2x4 blades), a 5 bladed regular prop and a 7 bladed highly skewed propeller please......I need to find a fourth one.

Darn that 5 bladed prop is on a VICTOR I or II, just two remaining.

Is that first picture the K variant of the VICTOR III, does it have contra rotating props?....I like it....back to three.

The highly skewed propeller is the K-360 the tandem is the K-507....tandem props from K-387 (VICTOR II) onwards.......highly skewed propeller I assume from K-360 onwards ......I'm getting their.......next up are the SOKS

Grtz,
                Bart

I love making propellers. You enabler, you!

David
                Who is John Galt?

Comment

• bwi 971
                  Captain
                  • Jan 2015

... And I just got word that a good set of drawings are underway to me. Time for Bart and me to get in synchronization on our documentation. Bart, we'll take this to e-mail, OK?

David
                  Ok
                  grtz,
                  bart
                  "Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• Albion
                    Captain
                    • Dec 2008

Don't forget that 1/96 scale means dividing the dimensions of the prototype by 72
                    Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Albion
                      Don't forget that 1/96 scale means dividing the dimensions of the prototype by 72
                      Nice try, pal!

David
                      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Thank you, William! Beautiful.

Hey, Bart: would you post some pictures of your primary VICTOR-3 document (working plan). I want to see if you and I are on the same page. The drawings I just got don't indicate source or originator.

And what over-all length are we looking at? Do we put the after perpendicular (datum line) at the base of the propeller hub or at the aftermost tip of the dunce-cap (vortex attenuator)?

David
                        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• bwi 971
                          Captain
                          • Jan 2015

Hey, Bart: would you post some pictures of your primary VICTOR-3 document (working plan). I want to see if you and I are on the same page. The drawings I just got don't indicate source or originator.

And what over-all length are we looking at? Do we put the after perpendicular (datum line) at the base of the propeller hub or at the aftermost tip of the dunce-cap (vortex attenuator)?

David
                          David,

I will sent you a document with my all the 1/1 dimensions that I found during my research, I even found the LOA difference between the single and tandem prop subs...MIB says hi.

I have also recorded the scale dimensions in mm and inch in the same document.
                          The document contains also notes and observations for me as a reference when building, and a narrow down (don’t know how I have to fraise it) to the 1/1 scale reference sub to be used for making the model.

Give me some time till the end of next weekend I will have finished the sketch of the sub by then with dimensions indicated regarding the propeller boss/hub diameter and hull length measured from the datum line.
                          I took the boss/hub base as the datum line. It is easier and requires less calculations when developing the hull.

I will send the document from my personal e-mail it starts with “bwi” if you want to find it in your probably overflowed mailbox.

Grtz,
                          Bart

"Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• bwi 971
                            Captain
                            • Jan 2015

file sent
                            grtz,
                            Bart
                            "Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by bwi 971
                              file sent
                              grtz,
                              Bart
                              Got it. Excellent sleuthing, Bart. K-414 it is.

David
                              Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...