• Show
Clear All

• 598602G
    replied
    Pass that bottle to me

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    replied
    Frontal lobotomy? I'd rather have a bottle in front of me!

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Thanks for the comments. All the boats and molds I made I try to be as accurate as I can. You guys need to support Don and buy his kits as it is going to be awhile until I take on anymore boat molds.

Leave a comment:

• bwi 971
    replied
    This isn’t the place to ask closed-ended questions........I hope you didn’t miss a flood hole.........after a lobotomy people often start using the Metric system (yes, I can put myself into perspective).

Seriously that submarine looks great.......it will turn heads @ the pond for sure.

Grtz,
    Bart

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    So we rank as a third world toilet as those other two countries?

Leave a comment:

• Albion
    replied
    Originally posted by 598602G
    Only one thing worse then the metric system and that is driving on the wrong side of the road
    Only three countries in the world aren't metric, usa, Myanmar and Liberia, you guys are in a select group.

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    OK all the flood holes filed out. Some more in bottom of hull not shown in pics. Man I swear if I have to drill and file one more Russian submarine flood hole I am going to give myself a frontal lobotomy. Then I can sit at my build table like a piece of zucchini.

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Only one thing worse then the metric system and that is driving on the wrong side of the road

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    OK so all you metric/euro dudes are trekkies. England has there money in pounds sterling. Whats a pound? Pound of bacon?

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    replied
    Originally posted by bwi 971
    We scewedup?

Smallest measurement is you have 1 THOU,
    1000 thou is 1 inch,
    12 inches is 1 foot,
    3 feet is 1 yard,

And then the almost forgotten CHAIN, 22 yards is 1 chain,
    Oh, wait we have also a FURLONG, 10 chains is 1 furlong,

Then we come back to “normal”, 10 furlongs makes 1 mile (a land mile that is, sea miles are a different story).

Than it starts to get awkward again we arrive to the LEAGUE, 3miles is 1 league

It is very consistent as you can see it uses……it uses….hell I don’t know, it uses all kind of stuff to count the order of magnitude.
    It even uses 10 to go from furlongs to chains, that is easy isn’t it, you’re on the right track keep it up

Medicine is already turned around to the metric system, and for conversions from metric to the imperial system doctors are using fruit, ok that makes sence.

Grtz,
    Bart

You forgot the Rods and Perches! Equals 5.5 yards or 1/320 of a statute mile.

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Now it's starting to look like a diesel boat

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Question is are your fingers metric sized? That's an idea. Instead telling chics my junk is in inches I can tell them in the metric size.

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    I don't know about you other troglodytes, but I have twelve fingers!

David

Leave a comment:

• bwi 971
    replied
    Originally posted by 598602G
    Is 1/72 metric?
    LOL

grtz,
    Bart

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    OK live long and prosper. Talked to Don last night and he said he has 1/72 Charlie I kit ready to ship. Is 1/72 metric? I sent out Don's phone number to people that wanted it.

Leave a comment:

Working...