New 1/72 Golf II kit

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 598602G
    replied
    A hot looking 18 year old chic saddled up to me would be really nice too but don't see that in my future.

Leave a comment:

• george
    replied
    Hi Tim
    That sure does look nice for a 1/72 sub, a 1/96 sub would look nicer and even a 1/150 Typhoon would look REALLY NICE Tim.
    George eh

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    If that doesn't scream cold war boat then I don't know what does. This is the seventh boat I have built from my molds in about two years. That should tell you how easy it is to assemble a boat from one of my molds. This is the last boat I am going to build for awhile as I need to start getting ready to move out of state. Only thing I can say is support Don by buying his kits as I put a lot of money and effort into bringing some unusual boats to market. Y'all have been very nice and I will look forward in the future in putting some more boats out. Thanks Tim Cobb

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Thanks. Lord knows I have built a few Russian boats. I am about ready to change my name to Lenin.

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    Not only does it look Fantastic, but it was also done at the Speed of Light!

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Almost done. Paint the waterline and sonar panels on the bow. Install the bow and stern hand rails and done.

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    These pics show the dark grey better. All the access panels and stuff like the torpedo tube doors I used .005 sheet brass to bring them out. Notice the over sized rudder. Gold should turn as good as the Alfa?

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Bob I found some good Duplicolor and Kroylon automotive primer. It is sandable. Sail pic color doesn't seem to come out with my camera but it is a dark grey. Once I get it all painted you will see it is the same color scheme as the pic I sent you. Here in this messed up state it is hard to find decent paint because of the liberals and all their cancer causing don't sell it here attitude. That is why I am fleeing back to Dallas. Here is the mesh I told you about. Stainless steel photo etched stuff. I buy it on feebay.

Leave a comment:

• type7
    replied
    Hi Tim,
    Yes, it's me. The Delta was a challenge to get to, I didn't connect up the top rudder but don't think it will effect the turn radius too much. I use this primer and it is available in medium grey and an almost black grey. Sands easier and is cheaper than Rustoleum, might even be made by them as well. Autozone, Menards should have it. The dark primer looks weathered when it has been in the water a few times and is easy to touch up. Touch 'n Tone Flat Gray All-Purpose Primer Spray - 10 oz

Model Number: 55279830 | Variation: Gray

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Is that you Bob? It would have been impossible to try to install all the hardware in the stern If I didn't cut the access hatch. Even shows on the drawings a access hatch. Have to go to auto parts store today to buy some paint. Just got done installing stainless steel mesh on the lower flood hulls. Giving the Golf those added details like I did for the Alfa.

Leave a comment:

• type7
    replied
    Nice, easy access to the linkage. Much better than the Delta!

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Pics of the stern done

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Thanks George. You're OK for a canuck. I don't care for your PM tho.

Leave a comment:

• george
    replied
    Hi Tim
    As usual your hull work is Incredible and the bloody Vent Holes WOW! Great detail on your hulls as usual.
    George

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Starting to look like a Golf II. I think it is a Golf II. Could be a 57 Chevy. The Thorazine I took is kicking in.

Leave a comment:

Working...