X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by redboat219
    What's the composition of your WSRR?

Hmmm. Looking at the photo more closely it seems your WSRR is an uncooked piece of sphagetti.
    Now, THIS is slick!!!!
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• HardRock
      Vice Admiral
      • Mar 2013

I feel like I owe you one, Romel, after the spaghetti gag. You picked it straight off. Its in the mail. Enjoy!

Comment

• HardRock
        Vice Admiral
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Von Hilde
        clever idea. perhaps a dob of water soluable glue would suffice. Cake frosting is another, Confectioned sugar and water, or you could go oreantal and use powdered wassabi. Any water soluable pase. The only thing is keeping it dry during normal underwater operation I would think. I believe the analog idea is the way to go. That Russian timer would be fine except that homeland security now days frowns on them for obvious reasons. Combine the analog release with the failsafe electronics from the driver is most likely what I will use. as for the spool, I would invert so it unwinds like a spinning real off the end. No friction or backlash.JMHO
        You are right. Anything that breaks down in water will work. I considered soap, sugar, organic glue etc etc. The trick is to find something that is consistent, so that you have a know time range to work within and a water soluble medium that doesn't leave crap all over your submarine. Spaghetti is marvellously consistent. The standard variety that is sold here is always 2mm in diameter and always fractures at four hours (plus or minus 4 minutes) in cold water. I like the idea of winding off the end of the spool and I considered using a fixed spool in the float that would unwind from a fixed spigot as the float ascended, (a bit like a wire guided weapon) but simple management of the thread made the rotating spool a more reliable option.

Comment

• redboat219
          Admiral
          • Dec 2008

Thank you sir.
          Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• redboat219
            Admiral
            • Dec 2008

Click image for larger version

Name:	20141010_161630.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	92221
            Went to our local post office today to pick up the rescue bouy reel.

Three of the post were broken but they look fixable. A little CA and they'll look good as new. Thank you.

Comment

• HardRock
              Vice Admiral
              • Mar 2013

Bollocks. I thought that the padded bag would be OK. Some ******* must have jumped on it!! If it CA doesn't work I'll send you another one. Apologies.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by HardRock
                Bollocks. I thought that the padded bag would be OK. Some ******* must have jumped on it!! If it CA doesn't work I'll send you another one. Apologies.
                Broken or not, it's a slick looking little unit.

M
                Who is John Galt?

Comment

• redboat219
                  Admiral
                  • Dec 2008

BTW, thanks for including some water-soluble pins aka sphagetti. Lol!

Comment

• HardRock
                    Vice Admiral
                    • Mar 2013

My pleasure. Didn't know who reliable local noodles might be!

Comment

Working...