X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • satlite440
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Jul 2012

pinger's and rescue buoy's

actualy hopeing manferd will reply...as i have seen his set up on youtube......i have been looking for plans/examples of how to make and incorperate eather one of these in to my boat space permiting...... but could use some direction.....thanks..
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

You already have a pinger .... the LPB motor in fail-safe.

M
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• MFR1964
      Detail Nut of the First Order
      • Sep 2010

Hmm, you really must be desperate, calling me Manferd,

To enlighten you, i use the failsave function of the ADF, or a timed failsave print, the bouy itself is secured by a rod (type 212)or hook (V80), which on his turn is connected with the servo.
      Pulling the rod or swinging the hook will release the bouy, i normally use reinforced fishingline, the length is around 10 meters, as long as it will fit on the spool.
      As floatingbody i use the standard styrodure foam, the same stuff as you use for trimming your boat.

If you want to have more details about the moving things, i can make a instruction video if you want, to explane it better.

Manfred.
      I went underground

Comment

• satlite440
        Lieutenant Commander
        • Jul 2012

that would be awsome sir i and i am very grateful.. i had looked unsucsessfully for online info for these.but had no luck....yours is the only one i have seen.. thanks....shane

Comment

• MFR1964
          Detail Nut of the First Order
          • Sep 2010

Shane,

I made a video about both systems as i use them on the V80 and the type 212, the V80 is a dryhull boat, so it has a different layout, the 212 uses the standard SD which is converted for using a resquebouy.
          Delay time V80 is 30 sec, and the 212 3 sec, this is due to the use of the failsavefunction from the ADF2
          I use the bouysystem as a backup for my standard failsave systems, since i always drive inside the local lakes and open waters it's a extra insurance to retrieve my boat when needed, last anual meeting i lost the 212 due to a high speedrun, simply switched my transmittor off, and located her by the bouy, hauled her in like a fish, most guys didn't even noticed this incident, i hate walking in the water searching for my sub.

One remark, always try to locate the bouy on your afterdeck near the stern, we builded up the experience that in most events the boat took the plunge nosedown, this way your bouy will stay clear for using.
          Last edited by MFR1964; 07-31-2013, 03:34 PM.
          I went underground

Comment

• HardRock
            Vice Admiral
            • Mar 2013

Rescue Buoy for Idiots.

Electrometronics and sparky things are not my forte but simple mechanics I'm OK with. I've been thinking about the rescue buoy thing for a while and looking for an absolutely fool proof way of releasing a rescue buoy. Turns out that there isn't one but this comes close. This is a test rig for a rescue buoy held in place with a water soluble rod. It takes around four hours for the rod to weaken to the point that it shears off and allows the retaining plunger to float free. The reel holds 15 metres of flat, waxed nylon with a test strength of over 30 Lbs. More than enough to safely pull your precious (and inert) submarine from the bottom of some muddy lake.

The frame and spool are made for a simple CAD drawing (because I couldn't find a ready made spool of the right size) and printed on a 3D printer. The float is plastic covered foam with a magnet to attach it to the retaining plunger.

The reel is mounted on a 2mm brass rod which can be extended to lock the retaining plunger in place to deactivate the system. Handy if you are running in a place where you know you can locate and recover a sunken boat easily.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000551.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	91892

Name:	P1000552.jpg
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	91893Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000553.jpg
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	91894

The key to this is the water soluble retaining rod (or WSRR). It is guaranteed to function each time, every time.
            Last edited by Kazzer; 08-15-2014, 06:46 AM.

Comment

• redboat219
              Admiral
              • Dec 2008

What's the composition of your WSRR?

Hmmm. Looking at the photo more closely it seems your WSRR is an uncooked piece of sphagetti.
              Last edited by redboat219; 08-15-2014, 02:59 AM.
              Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• HardRock
                Vice Admiral
                • Mar 2013

Its a complex composition of Globulin (2%), Isopropanol (40%), lactic acid (3.85%) and Albumin. I'll be offering pre trimmed 2MM WSRRs in packs of ten for $30.00. Or, you could just go to the kitchen cupboard and take out some uncooked sphagetti! Your choice.

Comment

• redboat219
                  Admiral
                  • Dec 2008

A polylactic acid stabilized albumin used in drug delivery.
                  I presume you work in a biomedical company?
                  Last edited by redboat219; 08-15-2014, 06:08 AM.

Comment

• HardRock
                    Vice Admiral
                    • Mar 2013

No. Its just spaghetti. The idea came for a system that the Russians use in underwater demolition. They have some very sophisticated timer fuzes but they almost always back them up with an acoustic fuze and a simple mechanical fuze that uses a small lead strip inserted under a wire under tension. Over a given time the wire pushes through the lead and when it does the charge is initiated. Simple, fool proof and cheap - like spaghetti!

Comment

• HardRock
                      Vice Admiral
                      • Mar 2013

Russian Timer

This is the time fuze that they use. "Scherdraht" is wire and "Scherplattchen" translates loosely as sheer platelet. Each fuze comes with a small cloth bag containing a number of different pieces of lead sheer platelet which provide different times.

Name:	Timer.jpg
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	91895

Comment

• satlite440
                        Lieutenant Commander
                        • Jul 2012

did you do that your self..can you make more?

Comment

• HardRock
                          Vice Admiral
                          • Mar 2013

Sure. Send me a PM with your address and I'll send you one.

Comment

• redboat219
                            Admiral
                            • Dec 2008

Can i have one?

Comment

• Von Hilde
                              Rear Admiral
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by redboat219
                              What's the composition of your WSRR?

Hmmm. Looking at the photo more closely it seems your WSRR is an uncooked piece of sphagetti.
                              clever idea. perhaps a dob of water soluable glue would suffice. Cake frosting is another, Confectioned sugar and water, or you could go oreantal and use powdered wassabi. Any water soluable pase. The only thing is keeping it dry during normal underwater operation I would think. I believe the analog idea is the way to go. That Russian timer would be fine except that homeland security now days frowns on them for obvious reasons. Combine the analog release with the failsafe electronics from the driver is most likely what I will use. as for the spool, I would invert so it unwinds like a spinning real off the end. No friction or backlash.JMHO
                              Last edited by Von Hilde; 09-21-2014, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Working...