X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob Gato
    Captain
    • Feb 2019

Wet Running Outrunner

I have been converting the GATO to brushless power and have successfully tested the motor and the ESC underwater-so far no detrimental effects noted. and this ESC appears to be VERY waterproof.
    Unfortunately my tub is too short and I ran out of seasonal temperate water-of course all the trimming gets thrown out , as this motor is much smaller and lighter then the brushed version.
    Last edited by Bob Gato; 11-05-2019, 12:41 PM.
  • QuarterMaster
    Rear Admiral
    • Sep 2015

Bob,

With all this we've been working on, eventually a water tight compartment can no larger than a cigarette box housing only the RX, BLM and AD2 aboard a simple servo gas boat using 12V SLA's. Regardless of boat size.

Imagine my 1:48 LA with the only dry area the size of that! Certainly headed that way with my 1:96 boats!!

"Sub" Ed
    v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
    NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
    USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• QuarterMaster
      Rear Admiral
      • Sep 2015

Reserving these for the SSRN SEAVIEW.

Wait till we drop THAT in your pool! the 1 hour three point turn!!

Yuenhoang Brushless Motor Underwater Thruster 12V-24V CW CCW 4-Blade Nylon Propeller for DIY Underwater Robot RC Bait Tug Boats (1pair CW&CCW)

Click image for larger version

Name:	doh3.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	257.2 KB
ID:	134754

v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
      NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
      USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• ffr2608
        Lieutenant Commander
        • Oct 2009

I like this thruster methodology. Plastic bushings and sealed windings to resist corrosion.

This T200 comes with a slightly shorter cable and a pre-installed cable penetrator and is a drop-in replacement for the thrusters on the BlueROV2.

Comment

• Bob Gato
          Captain
          • Feb 2019

A little pricey...and I prefer to be able to spray a couple of shots of Corrosion X or WD 40 into it easily after use ...I could be making a mistake but an under $20 dollar motor and a quick change mount would be my choice. (especially if all you run is clear fresh water)

Comment

Working...