Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by GatoSubfan
    Im obliviously new to the rc submarine hobby and this may be a stupid question but im am going to ask it anyway, Im starting a build on the revell 1:72 gato class U-boat and i want to build it with a dry inside much like a real U-boat would be if still in service today, All the equipment and electronics still in water tight tubs but want a dry inside, My question is, Is it possible to do this or am i just a idiot for thinking i can do this to a rc submarine. Please let me know if this is possible, Thank you :)
    It's impossible.

And you're an idiot for thinking you can do this.

M

Leave a comment:

• Kazzer
    replied
    It appears to me that you have two purposes fopr building a submarine. One to operate it as a static diver.Two, to show off the detail inside. If you do the latter, there's no way that will operate as a successful diver.
    So, why don't you do two boats, one to look at and the other to play with? That should keep you busy all winter!

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    redboat219 (Romel) is correct in asking why? It will be tight fit in there to begin with, but maybe I am misunderstanding you. Generally there are two types of hulls, wet and dry. The wet hull will have a cylinder or box that all the equipment is kept dry in. The dry hull is sealed to prevent water from coming in.

You are using two terms here that are throwing me off. u-boats are German submarines. The Gato is a US submarine
    So if you are doing a German sub go here:

If you are building a Gato (my fav) go through this build:

Both builds are a wet hull design. There are other resources here http://support.caswellplating.com/in...x/23/rc-models
    Since this would be your first sub here is some advice I was given that helped me complete my first sub. "Crawl, Walk, Run" and finish the sub. All too often people will want to over engineer or add a bunch of accessories like torpedoes and get bogged down. Crawl first, get building, post it here, and complete your first sub. Then walk. I hope this helps.
    Welcome, glad you are here.
    Last edited by trout; 09-29-2013, 04:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• redboat219
    replied
    A watertight cylinder inside a dry hull, very much doable. The question is why?

Read this, http://vabiz.com/d&e/wethull.html
    Last edited by redboat219; 09-29-2013, 02:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GatoSubfan
    started a topic Revell Gato build question

Revell Gato build question

Im obliviously new to the rc submarine hobby and this may be a stupid question but im am going to ask it anyway, Im starting a build on the revell 1:72 gato class U-boat and i want to build it with a dry inside much like a real U-boat would be if still in service today, All the equipment and electronics still in water tight tubs but want a dry inside, My question is, Is it possible to do this or am i just a idiot for thinking i can do this to a rc submarine. Please let me know if this is possible, Thank you :)
Working...