X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redboat219
    Admiral
    • Dec 2008

Servo Location

Noticed some WTC designs place the servo between the aft bulkhead and drive motor(s). Same with the new trend of putiing brushless motors on the outside, the servos are closer to the bulkhead. Does this set-up have any drawbacks like binding or twisting as compared to those servos placed farther in?
    Make it simple, make strong, make it work!
  • rwtdiver
    Vice Admiral
    • Feb 2019

Originally posted by redboat219
    Noticed some WTC designs place the servo between the aft bulkhead and drive motor(s). Same with the new trend of putiing brushless motors on the outside, the servos are closer to the bulkhead. Does this set-up have any drawbacks like binding or twisting as compared to those servos placed farther in?
    Romel, I have never had any issues with my designs!

Rob
    "Firemen can stand the heat"

Comment

• JHapprich
      Captain
      • Oct 2017

I usually put an intermediate lever between horn and pushrod. No need for that should you use bellows instead of rigid pushrod seals.
      the closer the distance between the bulkhead and servo, the shorter the arm, the closer the inwards goes the connection on the servo horn itself. I also try to have the horn/lever connection excentric from the pushrod axis in neutral position, but lined up at maximum angles.

jörg

Comment

Working...