Admiral
    • Dec 2008

Missing Anechoic Tiles

How do you replicate such on a model? Click image for larger version

Name:	img2.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	159562
    Make it simple, make strong, make it work!
  • JHapprich
    Captain
    • Oct 2017

Maybe YOU should find a simple, strong and reliably working solution for that and tell us all about it!

Up Up and into the shop!

Comment

• JHapprich
      Captain
      • Oct 2017

You could use a template for airbrushing. Rectangular stencils. Thin abs-sheet applications.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by JHapprich
        Maybe YOU should find a simple, strong and reliably working solution for that and tell us all about it!

Up Up and into the shop!
        Bingo!............
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• wlambing
          Commander
          • Nov 2020

This question is very much related to my Quixote-esque quest to replicate the hull coating that the Upholder/Victoria class was built and delivered to the Royal Navy with. That detail is very sadly missing from the OTW hull, amongst many other inaccuracies. I built up edges using polystyrene strips of varying thickness, using public domain available pictures, and tapered automotive body filler up to the strip. I'm still in the process of sanding everything down. This is VERY LABOR INTENSIVE work!! Some things I've given up on, like the safety track and the towing pendant stowage trough, mostly because of frustration!!!! As it is, I'm gonna need a bucket of CA and a paint roller to seal over all the filler!! Then, of course comes the chasing of the engraved lines for hull features. It all depends on whether or not you have the drive to make an accurate depiction of your chosen subject. I've been chasing this one for more than 15 years, and my Oberon for over 20. My shipyard is starting to look like a light gray desert!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...