ID:	115152
    In memory of my fellow shipmates and
    ALL Submarine Sailors who served
    during the Cold War (1947-1991)
    Some of whom paid the ultimate sacrifice
    aboard USS THRESHER SSN-593 and
    USS SCORPION SSN-589

"Licentia set non Solvo"

Thanks to my good friends "Sub" Ray Mason and Irving "Smoke Underwater" Lloyd for passing on this "unwanted by the company" former Program Award. Thus allowing me to create my own personal tribute to my fellow "Silent Service" shipmates who served during the Cold War.

Thank you as well to my life partner Beth who lovingly agreed to displaying it at our home.

...and Thank you shipmates....a nation slept well from your "silence".
    v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
    NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
    USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Nice. (Who's that goofy looking Q-ball in the background?).

M
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• rwtdiver
      Vice Admiral
      • Feb 2019

"SUB" Ed & David,

I just came across this beautiful tribute that "SUB" Ed put up! Needless to say it certainly brings my understanding of the great friendships you have, not only you and David, but many others on this forum! I have been a member of this forum for about a year now. I can truly say I have learned a lot, not only about Submarines, but most of all friendships and what they mean to all of you!

"SUB" Ed & David! At the beginning I had an unfortunate misunderstanding with both of you! I am writing this today to APOLOGIZE to both of you! I am an outsider, and for me to come into this very special forum and think I could just spout off like I did was out of line! I did not know where to go to ease my mind of what happened, and then I happened across this blog by "SUB" Ed. I now understand the great respect you guys have for each other! I do appreciate being apart of this forum and being involved with such fine people!

Rob

"Firemen can stand the heat"

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by rwtdiver
        "SUB" Ed & David,

I just came across this beautiful tribute that "SUB" Ed put up! Needless to say it certainly brings my understanding of the great friendships you have, not only you and David, but many others on this forum! I have been a member of this forum for about a year now. I can truly say I have learned a lot, not only about Submarines, but most of all friendships and what they mean to all of you!

"SUB" Ed & David! At the beginning I had an unfortunate misunderstanding with both of you! I am writing this today to APOLOGIZE to both of you! I am an outsider, and for me to come into this very special forum and think I could just spout off like I did was out of line! I did not know where to go to ease my mind of what happened, and then I happened across this blog by "SUB" Ed. I now understand the great respect you guys have for each other! I do appreciate being apart of this forum and being involved with such fine people!

Rob

No apology needed. You entered a new realm. A realm composed of seasoned practitioners of an exacting and demanding craft.

Every elite group formulates a barrier to shield it against 'outsiders' -- sometimes its polite indifference, sometimes its overt hostility. This mechanism is in place at the firehouse, aboard submarines, and in every activity that demands discipline and adherence to specific standards. Those new to the group are tested. The stupid and weak slink away. The strong and smart buck up and get on with what it takes to achieve elite status.

You were tested by me and others. You were put off, insulted, confused. But, you stuck it out. You dug past the bluster, bravado, and bull-**** slung at you. You have unearthed the many nuggets of wisdom and cooperation that we offer to the serious r/c model submarine driver. You persevered, Rob.

Welcome aboard.

David
        The Horrible
        Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 05-10-2020, 06:35 AM.
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• rwtdiver
          Vice Admiral
          • Feb 2019

Thank you David!

You certainly have a special way with words, and they are words to live by! Thank you again!!

Rob

Comment

• trout
            Admiral
            • Jul 2011

O.K., stop the hugging and kissing and GET BACK TO WORK on your subs!
            I feel better too now.
            If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• rwtdiver
              Vice Admiral
              • Feb 2019

OK Tom, I hear you! Just felt I needed to clear the air! Back to work it is!!!

Rob

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo[400].JPG
Views:	417
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	139057

Comment

• trout
                Admiral
                • Jul 2011

Lol - I hope you heard it in the heart it was intended. Glad you stuck around.
                If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• rwtdiver
                  Vice Admiral
                  • Feb 2019

I sure did Tom! Thank you!

I have been on a few forums when I was heavy into fixed wing aircraft and quadcopters! But this forum is special! The subject matter is exceptional, and most of all it's the people here, just very special!

Rob

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                    Welcome to my underwater realm!
                    • Aug 2009

Mmmm hmmm.. "special". Nicely put.

;P

Comment

• trout
                      Admiral
                      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by SubHuman
                      Mmmm hmmm.. "special". Nicely put.

;P
                      LOL! Good catch Bob.

Comment

• QuarterMaster
                        Rear Admiral
                        • Sep 2015

What I miss?

Is Dave breathing my air again??
                        v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
                        NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
                        USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

Working...