X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TuptubBuilder
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Sep 2020

Legal Stuff

Not to put a damper on things but is anybody else confused about the legitimacy of using 900 mHz for radio control models? From what I have read, this frequency band is intended for Industrial, scientific or medical devices. Does Frsky have an FCC ID for this module? I know the manual states that it’s part 15 compliant but that just covers their end. I would think that you need a Tech license to operate this as part of an industrial, scientific or medical device. Can anyone please enlighten me?
  • QuarterMaster
    Rear Admiral
    • Sep 2015

Do you own one or are you making an assumption?

You still can't save 75Mhz...

NOT an issue.

See attached.

Attached Files
    v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
    NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
    USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• TuptubBuilder
      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
      • Sep 2020

Thanks for the clarification. I don't own one but am eager to try it.

Comment

• rwtdiver
        Vice Admiral
        • Feb 2019

Originally posted by QuarterMaster
        Do you own one or are you making an assumption?

You still can't save 75Mhz...

NOT an issue.

See attached.

A NOTE OF COUTION:

Click image for larger version

Name:	BOSTON .jpg
Views:	222
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	172241

Click image for larger version

Name:	BOSTON 2.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	172242

I have a Pacemaker and Defrillator that are monitored on a latitude communicator that operates with-in the 900 MHz range (916.5 MHz)! The advice from my Cardiologist was to use CAUTION around any RC Transmitters on any frequency band. Just Saying!!

Rob
        "Firemen can stand the heat."

Comment

• QuarterMaster
          Rear Admiral
          • Sep 2015

Sigh.......

I love you Rob, but that argument has nothing to do with the use of 900Mhz legality as started by this thread. ANY PARTICULAR frequency (since your Cardio Sawbones states "any") is subject to cause potential interference and is only of a concern to those who need such lifesaving equipment.

It is YOUR choice to pursue this pastime with having these two items installed, and hang around operators of such equipment. It is NOT up to the owner of the equipment to ask if you have these life preservation devices installed. Dollars to donuts it's probably illegal for me to ask if someone does. Probably half the crowd at a Regatta!

Thanks though for pointing this out. Though people who have it I'm sure already know it.

Until; a law similar to No smoking in public as they feel it's affecting others health (A NY Law) comes out regarding this, this is moot.

ALL,

As I told Bob this weekend, I am DONE discussing/arguing/researching for/to others the the Pro's and Con's of 75Mhz, 900 MHz, 2.4Ghz Radios, Equipment etc. Stick a fork in me.

Ya'll are adults, you know what works for you.

Shortly through Bob, my entire inventory of 75Mhz Tx's and Rx's will be made available to the public to all the Luddites and Holdovers who choose to own them.

Enjoy them as wish.
          v/r "Sub" Ed

USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• QuarterMaster
            Rear Admiral
            • Sep 2015

Originally posted by rwtdiver

...CAUTION around any RC Transmitters on any frequency band. Just Saying!!
            Oh...and let's not forget Microwaves, Cell Phones, Sat Phones WIFI repeaters, Cell towers, CB's.....
            v/r "Sub" Ed

Comment

• QuarterMaster
              Rear Admiral
              • Sep 2015

Originally posted by TuptubBuilder
              Thanks for the clarification. I don't own one but am eager to try it.
              Like we said in the video, Transmitters Bob sell will be set up for RC Sub use. I plan to do Set up video's for high end users.
              v/r "Sub" Ed

Comment

• rwtdiver
                Vice Admiral
                • Feb 2019

Originally posted by QuarterMaster

Oh...and let's not forget Microwaves, Cell Phones, Sat Phones WIFI repeaters, Cell towers, CB's.....
                Ed,

I am certainly not trying to say you do not have a great viable system that you and Bob are working on, because I really think you do! All am trying to do is send out a message to all us poor "B's" that rely on these medical devices to stay alive, to be aware! Just another situation we need to deal with..

Oh, by the way to add to your list of cautions, now we have to worry about HACKERS!!

Ed, I certainly did not mean to throw water on what your doing, because it sure is testing out to be a great idea! It's just some of us have to be more careful than others. "Carry on my man"

Rob

Comment

• QuarterMaster
                  Rear Admiral
                  • Sep 2015

Originally posted by rwtdiver

Ed,

I am certainly not trying to say you do not have a great viable system that you and Bob are working on, because I really think you do! All am trying to do is send out a message to all us poor "B's" that rely on these medical devices to stay alive, to be aware! Just another situation we need to deal with..

Oh, by the way to add to your list of cautions, now we have to worry about HACKERS!!

Ed, I certainly did not mean to throw water on what your doing, because it sure is testing out to be a great idea! It's just some of us have to be more careful than others. "Carry on my man"

Rob
                  NO worries about the timing as I already decided it, I just had a relapse responding to this thread lol!

As I said to Bob Saturday, I'm done with the Frequency subject, stick a fork in me.

As for the 900Mhz issue itself?

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it"
                  Neil deGrasse Tyson
                  v/r "Sub" Ed

Comment

• TuptubBuilder
                    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                    • Sep 2020

Ed.
                    Thank you again for the info and for your due diligence. I’m just trying to get up to speed on 900 mHz spread spectrum and didn’t mean to stir the pot.

Comment

• QuarterMaster
                      Rear Admiral
                      • Sep 2015

Originally posted by TuptubBuilder
                      Ed.
                      Thank you again for the info and for your due diligence. I’m just trying to get up to speed on 900 mHz spread spectrum and didn’t mean to stir the pot.
                      No problem at all.

I...me...myself, realize I'm too close to the issue. My work now is done.

I have been simply trying to accelerate an evolution that's going to occur naturally. SO our shipmates can adapt and evolve without grief.

Most old school drivers are phasing out, either by passing, or simply too old to enjoy doing it.

They're the diehard's hoarding the 75Mhz believing the world is at an end.

FORTUNATELY, Vendors have large groups of customers who are using 900Mhz as a backup for a VERY fast and potentially lethal warbird flying into a crowd.. So radios in the past 5 years are evolving to accommodate that. Plus with WIFI and what not, the 2.4Ghz realm is getting stepped on.

You really want to spend $400 on an old used radio? Or get the latest? I just don't get it.

In 10 years, maybe even 5, the new crowd will be sailing on wondering what the issue even was as a 75Mhz user will find themselves mostly alone with no spare parts or Tech's to repair their radio.

But at that point, if they're still around, they may not care.

I'll really shut my piehole now. If I haven't pointed the easier, softer way by now, I never will.

I have spoken.
                      v/r "Sub" Ed

Comment

• trout
                        Admiral
                        • Jul 2011

Ed,
                        I am willing to try this, but my only concern is technology changes. Several years ago, I followed Tim Senecal in using Orange 900MHz. I had trouble upgrading and getting things to work (my fault not the technology). Set it aside and in just a few months, it was hard to purchase because of Back Order. Ultimately it became unavailable. So, I do not become frustrated or short because of doubt or slow adoption. It will become mainstream just like LiPo, compressed air, or other changes after it proves itself by multiple people in multiple venues. There are several people here in the US and across the pond that have been playing with this for years. I think what you and Bob are doing will help broaden the exposure and adoption.
                        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• QuarterMaster
                          Rear Admiral
                          • Sep 2015

Tom,

You'll be playing with our setup at SubFest. In fact anyone who cares to, will.

I'm focusing on TWO operational boats, maybe three if FS1 get's completed.

SHARK (Old reliable) Dual 2.4Ghz/900Mhz.

U25 900Mhz

FS1 900Mhz (Hoping to git 'er done!)

Trust me when I say this will be easy-peasy lemon squeezy!

ETHOS is just sooooo darn intuitive! Ask Bob!

F^$& I opened my pie hole again.

Ed
                          v/r "Sub" Ed

Comment

• trout
                            Admiral
                            • Jul 2011

I emailed Bob for a quote. Since I am down for a few weeks, maybe I can get a sub ready.
                            If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by trout
                              I emailed Bob for a quote. Since I am down for a few weeks, maybe I can get a sub ready.
                              Get that boat on the field of battle this September, sir! Consider that gauntlet slammed into your puss as of right now!

this go-around I know what button to push and where it's located; you give me a hard time at Red Clay again and I'll just thumb you in the chest a few times, smack-dab on your sternum! Can't wait!

David
                              Darth Vader's HS Guidance Counceller
                              Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...