X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Slats
    I'll like SNORT the Collins boys call it that. Besides I thought a Low Pressure Blower was another name for a $2 hooker

Precisely!! Of course it's a racist thing with Wizzy. :-)

But then, these Yanks say things like 'exact same' instead of 'exactly the same', and some even say 'akx' instead of 'ask'. As for the word 'like', they start sentences off with it, use it instead of commas, and i absolutely HATE the word! My daughter in law used it over 200 times in two hours. Many Americans think its their task in the world to invent new words such as 'negatory', even news casters come up with new ones and look so smug. They even announce to the world their new 'inventions' My wife and I just die laughing at them. I wish it were legal to give them a 'smacky-head' because that's what I would have received at school, if I'd conjured up such drivel.

Anyhow, lets have the Grammar Police active here, as some of us will try to put *** into their efforts as often as possible. Just let me know if so see any of these atrocities and we'll give them the treatment they so rightly deserve!
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• Albion
      Captain
      • Dec 2008

I have a constant battle with my American English autospell , grrrr

America and England two nations divided by a common language :)
      Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• Slats
        Vice Admiral
        • Aug 2008

yeah we could have lots of fun, we could start with an autocorrect bug that drops a "u" back into words like harbour and colour, and replace "z" over use with "s" in any words it detects ending "nize"....but lets not go too far I have great affection for the people of the USA and sometimes Mike et.al our British and Aussie humour goes straight through to the keeper.
        John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
        Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• cliffhanger67
          Lieutenant
          • Oct 2013

I believe that if one is determined and has good analytical mind, the RECABS can work as I have done it. It certainly may not be the best way but it has some merits to it. I have built my first boat using the Seawolf propulsion sytem. It works and is quite simple. However, I was not thrilled to keep on buying the gas. Plus the limited amount of gas per charge. Often, I would inadvertedly release too mush gas at a time thus quickly depleting it. I had to think of another system that I can use as much of the Seawolf propulsion system as I have a second set on my hands. I decided that I will try RECABS. The greatest challenge to me was to control the loss of air when compressed (bladder deflated, air in reservoir under pressure). The leaks were to external (tube joints) and internal (pump and solenoid valve leak down). Once I fixed these, I had a system that is stable enough to take me thru a play session limited by the battery life which is about 40-60 minutes. The sub dives either dynamic or static. It is on U tube video title SSGN Harpoon. The sister ship (gas type) is also on U Tube title SSBN Harpoon.
          So as the saying goes: "There are a thousand ways to skin a cat".

Comment

• cliffhanger67
            Lieutenant
            • Oct 2013

Yes, it's been done. Using compressed air to run my boat on a RECABS. I modified a Seawolf WTC and propulsion to convert to RECABS. I had to make the tube longer to accommodate the pump and solenoid valve and tubing. The boat is on U Tube video SSGN Harpoon.

Comment

• redboat219
              Admiral
              • Dec 2008

I got a Big Dave RCABS WTC for the Revell 1/72 Type VIIc U-boat that I want to change to either a SNORT or water pump ballast system someday...
              Last edited by redboat219; 06-29-2015, 02:24 PM.
              Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• greenman407
                Admiral
                • Feb 2009

May I ask about your adventures with the Big Dave unit?
                IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• redboat219
                  Admiral
                  • Dec 2008

It's still unbuilt.
                  Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by redboat219
                    It's still unbuilt.
                    (rimshot)

M
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Albion
                      Captain
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by redboat219
                      It's still unbuilt.
                      Romel, you make me look fast ;)
                      Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

Working...