RCABS I'm over it

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Albion
    replied
    Originally posted by redboat219
    It's still unbuilt.
    Romel, you make me look fast ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by redboat219
    It's still unbuilt.
    (rimshot)

    M

    Leave a comment:


  • redboat219
    replied
    It's still unbuilt.

    Leave a comment:


  • greenman407
    replied
    May I ask about your adventures with the Big Dave unit?

    Leave a comment:


  • redboat219
    replied
    I got a Big Dave RCABS WTC for the Revell 1/72 Type VIIc U-boat that I want to change to either a SNORT or water pump ballast system someday...
    Last edited by redboat219; 06-29-2015, 01:24 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • cliffhanger67
    replied
    Yes, it's been done. Using compressed air to run my boat on a RECABS. I modified a Seawolf WTC and propulsion to convert to RECABS. I had to make the tube longer to accommodate the pump and solenoid valve and tubing. The boat is on U Tube video SSGN Harpoon.

    Leave a comment:


  • cliffhanger67
    replied
    I believe that if one is determined and has good analytical mind, the RECABS can work as I have done it. It certainly may not be the best way but it has some merits to it. I have built my first boat using the Seawolf propulsion sytem. It works and is quite simple. However, I was not thrilled to keep on buying the gas. Plus the limited amount of gas per charge. Often, I would inadvertedly release too mush gas at a time thus quickly depleting it. I had to think of another system that I can use as much of the Seawolf propulsion system as I have a second set on my hands. I decided that I will try RECABS. The greatest challenge to me was to control the loss of air when compressed (bladder deflated, air in reservoir under pressure). The leaks were to external (tube joints) and internal (pump and solenoid valve leak down). Once I fixed these, I had a system that is stable enough to take me thru a play session limited by the battery life which is about 40-60 minutes. The sub dives either dynamic or static. It is on U tube video title SSGN Harpoon. The sister ship (gas type) is also on U Tube title SSBN Harpoon.
    So as the saying goes: "There are a thousand ways to skin a cat".

    Leave a comment:


  • Slats
    replied
    yeah we could have lots of fun, we could start with an autocorrect bug that drops a "u" back into words like harbour and colour, and replace "z" over use with "s" in any words it detects ending "nize"....but lets not go too far I have great affection for the people of the USA and sometimes Mike et.al our British and Aussie humour goes straight through to the keeper.

    Leave a comment:


  • Albion
    replied
    I have a constant battle with my American English autospell , grrrr

    America and England two nations divided by a common language :)

    Leave a comment:


  • Kazzer
    replied
    Originally posted by Slats
    I'll like SNORT the Collins boys call it that. Besides I thought a Low Pressure Blower was another name for a $2 hooker

    Precisely!! Of course it's a racist thing with Wizzy. :-)

    But then, these Yanks say things like 'exact same' instead of 'exactly the same', and some even say 'akx' instead of 'ask'. As for the word 'like', they start sentences off with it, use it instead of commas, and i absolutely HATE the word! My daughter in law used it over 200 times in two hours. Many Americans think its their task in the world to invent new words such as 'negatory', even news casters come up with new ones and look so smug. They even announce to the world their new 'inventions' My wife and I just die laughing at them. I wish it were legal to give them a 'smacky-head' because that's what I would have received at school, if I'd conjured up such drivel.

    Anyhow, lets have the Grammar Police active here, as some of us will try to put *** into their efforts as often as possible. Just let me know if so see any of these atrocities and we'll give them the treatment they so rightly deserve!

    Leave a comment:


  • Slats
    replied
    Originally posted by Merriman
    GRRRrrrrr......
    Excellent......

    Leave a comment:


  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    GRRRrrrrr......

    Leave a comment:


  • Slats
    replied
    Originally posted by Kazzer
    Ahh! Well if he's going to talk about Low Pressure Blowers instead of it's proper name SNORT, then I'll have to sharpen my poking stick. I see the bad words checker is working fine and L P B gets printed *** Ha! Ha! Ha!
    I'll like SNORT the Collins boys call it that. Besides I thought a Low Pressure Blower was another name for a $2 hooker

    Leave a comment:


  • Kazzer
    replied
    Originally posted by MFR1964
    OK Guys, stop poking feathers into my *ss, i do sit down at some times, like normal mortals.



    Greetings Manfred.
    Yes, I think the Wizard is losing it. Where's all that vinegar and spit we all enjoyed so much? All we get these days is this sloppy 'Ooooh! Isn't that lovely!" stuff.

    Never mind about feathers up the bum, I think he needs a thistle or something. Am I the only nasty one around now? Do I have to bear this burden alone? It's not fair.

    Leave a comment:


  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    LOL. OK.

    David,

    Leave a comment:

Working...