X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by MFR1964
    O my goodness, now i have to get my beloved air compressed system out of my VII type, and replace it for a low pressure blower system, and throw away all those years off working perfectly, hmmmmm, no way!!!

Greetings Manfred.
    Well! Lets see some pictures of it then!
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Me thinks Manfred is not to be poked at, Mike.

His work, in this arena, is to us what Chaplin is to Carrot Top.

Manfred: We're all ears here.

David,
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Kazzer
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Merriman

David,
        Ahh! Well if he's going to talk about Low Pressure Blowers instead of it's proper name SNORT, then I'll have to sharpen my poking stick. I see the bad words checker is working fine and reference to that blower gets printed *** Ha! Ha! Ha!

Comment

• NavyICman
          Lieutenant
          • Jun 2010

Low Pressure Blower, Low Pressure Blower, Low Pressure Blower, Low Pressure Blower...nah nah nah........:)

Comment

• NavyICman
            Lieutenant
            • Jun 2010

Technically if your Snorting, you are running the Diesel engine hence Snorkeling. We don't say "Prepare to Snort on all main ballast tanks" or "Commence a Snort on all MBT's", we say "Prepare to place a Low Pressure blow on all main ballast tanks" and "Commence a Low Pressure Blow on all MBT's" We also say "Prepare to snorkel", "Commence Snorkeling". "Prepare to Snort" and "Commence Snorting" just don't have the same ring.

There you go Dave.....someone to back up your position

Comment

• Kazzer
              • Aug 2008

David,
              Ahh! Well if he's going to talk about Low Pressure Blowers instead of it's proper name SNORT, then I'll have to sharpen my poking stick. I see the bad words checker is working fine and L P B gets printed *** Ha! Ha! Ha!
              Last edited by Kazzer; 08-21-2011, 06:00 AM.

Comment

• MFR1964
                Detail Nut of the First Order
                • Sep 2010

Well, once a while to be poked at is good to think outside the box, as David mentioned before there is some experience under the belt with compressed air systems.

I'll explane some features, it's all driven by a 12 V compressor, it works automaticly from 1 untill 6 Atm, controlled by a home made pressureswitch.
                To tackle the common problem of unnoticed low pressure at the buffertank i've added a extra feature to the pressureswitch, which means in practice, at 1,5 Atm all valves used for diving are blocked, at 2 Atm they will be set free, it's calculated in such way that this amount will get the inlet of the compressor above the surface of the water.
                Since the ballasttank contains a volume of 1,5 liter this will be more than enough to get the boat at the surface.
                Only problem with compressed air systems, is the complexity, i've chosen it because i also run the scopes with air, also wanted to approach the real boat as close as possible.
                With using compressed air you always run a high and low pressure system, 6 Atm high pressure at the buffertank and 1,5 Atm low pressure at the component side, this is be done by using a special valve which reduces the pressure from 6 to 1,5 Atm.
                To avoid that the hull will be cracked during a airleak i use the same compressor inlet with a floating device, allowing the compressed air to escape the boat during such a event.

As you can see it will take some effort to build such a system, but once in working order it never failed me for 25 years in the same boat, i do have to mention i've allways build my boats as a dry hull, so room is not a problem, if someone gets the same system inside a regular WTC tube i will be really impressed.

Greetings Manfred.
                I went underground

Comment

• Albion
                  Captain
                  • Dec 2008

Manfred, your boats are a whole different class!!!

Mike - A55
                  Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• Aug 2008

Only in the last year or so have I been aware of Manfred's work. Since then I've been on the lookout for his posts -- the most innovative, skilled, and complete discussions I've ever seen on the topic.

David,
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• MFR1964
                      Detail Nut of the First Order
                      • Sep 2010

OK Guys, stop poking feathers into my *ss, i do sit down at some times, like normal mortals.

Greetings Manfred.
                      I went underground

Comment

• Aug 2008

LOL. OK.

David,
                        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Kazzer
                          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by MFR1964
                          OK Guys, stop poking feathers into my *ss, i do sit down at some times, like normal mortals.

Greetings Manfred.
                          Yes, I think the Wizard is losing it. Where's all that vinegar and spit we all enjoyed so much? All we get these days is this sloppy 'Ooooh! Isn't that lovely!" stuff.

Never mind about feathers up the bum, I think he needs a thistle or something. Am I the only nasty one around now? Do I have to bear this burden alone? It's not fair.

Comment

• Slats
                            Vice Admiral
                            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Kazzer
                            Ahh! Well if he's going to talk about Low Pressure Blowers instead of it's proper name SNORT, then I'll have to sharpen my poking stick. I see the bad words checker is working fine and L P B gets printed *** Ha! Ha! Ha!
                            I'll like SNORT the Collins boys call it that. Besides I thought a Low Pressure Blower was another name for a $2 hooker
                            John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
                            Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Aug 2008

GRRRrrrrr......
                              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Slats
                                Vice Admiral
                                • Aug 2008

GRRRrrrrr......
                                Excellent......
                                John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
                                Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

Working...