X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rwtdiver
    Vice Admiral
    • Feb 2019

Honoring our Veterans!

Some people just can't leave well enough alone!!
    Last edited by rwtdiver; 06-04-2023, 04:33 AM.
  • QuarterMaster
    Rear Admiral
    • Sep 2015

Click image for larger version

Name:	348477078_633504592020308_8367486695611601065_n.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	171235

A heartfelt thank you to those who made the ultimate sacrifice, you are ever on my mind.

Freedom isn't free.

Enjoy your Day...

v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
    NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
    USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• Das Boot
      Rear Admiral
      • Dec 2019

Originally posted by QuarterMaster
      Click image for larger version  Name:	348477078_633504592020308_8367486695611601065_n.jpg Views:	22 Size:	57.6 KB ID:	171235

A heartfelt thank you to those who made the ultimate sacrifice, you are ever on my mind.

Freedom isn't free.

Enjoy your Day...

When it comes to Memorial Day, however, it's not always a happy day. For families and loved ones of those who lost their lives in the service, it may be a very painful observance. Memorial Day is deeply personal and not a day of celebration, and therefore it isn't appropriate to wish someone a "Happy Memorial Day."

Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

Comment

• RCSubGuy
        Welcome to my underwater realm!
        • Aug 2009

Casey,

We discussed this privately via email when you called me out on my Memorial Day video, but since you’re posting publicly here as well, let me do the same.

The meaning of the day can be different for different people. You elect to view the day from a certain perspective. Others do differently. Neither is wrong, provided the overarching theme revolves around memorializing those that gave the ultimate sacrifice.

I elect to celebrate the way of life they died to protect. If you want to reflect on the death and sacrifice, so be it. I support your right to do so and wouldn’t dream of telling you that you’re wrong.

From Flags of Valor, Can you say Happy Memorial Day?
        So, can you say "Happy Memorial Day?" Yes, of course, you can...especially if it comes from a place of grateful joy for the life we live today that was provided by the sacrifices of generations before. On Memorial Day, take time to reflect on the men and women who gave it all for us.​

Comment

Working...