Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by rwtdiver

I don't know if you recall or not, but you worked with me on my HL HUNLEY finish work!

Click image for larger version

Name:	P3100010.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	169428Click image for larger version

Name:	P3110003.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	169429

Click image for larger version

Name:	P3110004.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	169430Click image for larger version

Name:	P3130006.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	169431

Your taking the time to work with me on this project really made the Hunley! My best finish job yet!

Thanks David,

Rob
    "Firemen can stand the heat."
    Yup. It's thrilling to see a technique embraced and even improved upon by others -- just as others taught me. You're HUNLEY is a shining example of that, Rob.

We all bring a slight nuance to each new thing we do, sometimes something the teacher never thought off. We strive, accomplish and are rewarded as individuals; we learn as members of a select, incorporated group; each man is a self-important individual, but he must embrace, perfect, and even modify the teaching of others or he goes nowhere.

(Recommended viewing: Howard Roark's courtroom speech).

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• rwtdiver
      Vice Admiral
      • Feb 2019

Before I even get started, I want to make sure everyone understands the model shown below is the one I built!

These are other peoples renditions of the TURTLE shown below"

It is very obvious that the photo of MY finished TURTLE I am going to put up below does not even come close to the ones you see above. So, before anyone jumps in and states that mine is not a correct scale to the REAL original (what ever that might be) I do understand that. But it is my rendition of the Turtle. Plus mine has an interior if you go through the build blog you will see this.

Click image for larger version  Name:	TURTLE 40.jpg Views:	0 Size:	38.7 KB ID:	169545

So the Turtle project is complete! And as I stated above it is my rendition of the Turtle and it for sure is NOT a true scale model of the real boat! So, all of this is for those of you that seem to have nothing better to do than get on this forum and criticize what others have built.

All this being said, I do want to thank everyone that posted up help, constructive criticisms, and ideas on this build!

Rob
      Last edited by rwtdiver; 02-10-2023, 09:11 PM.

Comment

• Bob Gato
        Captain
        • Feb 2019

It looks great from here... I especially love the bronze Port lights... And the gray iron work...

Comment

• rwtdiver
          Vice Admiral
          • Feb 2019

Thank you very much Bob!

The Turtle basically finishes up the 4 boats that really got things going for submarine building. I realize there may have been more, but for the time period these four came to light for me. The Turtle, the Itineo ll, the HL Hunley, and the HMS Holland.

Thats it for this build. My next 3D project will be the British X-Craft, being built from the STL files that I purchased from Bob "Nautilus Drydocks"!

Rob

Comment

Working...