Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

No, thats what we need. On the spot eyewitness. Thanks.
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• greenman407
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

You Astute fans will like these.Click image for larger version

Name:	Ambush bow zoom.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	91925Click image for larger version

Name:	Ambush color day.jpg
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	91926Click image for larger version

Name:	Ambushbow planes area zoom.jpg
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	91929Click image for larger version

Name:	Ambush mid zoom-001.jpg
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	91927Click image for larger version

Name:	Ambush sail front zoom.jpg
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	91928
      IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• zhuravlik
        Lieutenant
        • Mar 2011

Hi lads,

I've got a crush for HMS Dreadnought, I'm evaluating the possibility of modeling it in 1/96 scale.
        Using photos, a detailed Vanguard plan and the model posted by Subculture (page 14) I came up with this side view.
        It's just an educated guess, but with your help might become a plan.
        Attached Files

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by zhuravlik
          Hi lads,

I've got a crush for HMS Dreadnought, I'm evaluating the possibility of modeling it in 1/96 scale.
          Using photos, a detailed Vanguard plan and the model posted by Subculture (page 14) I came up with this side view.
          It's just an educated guess, but with your help might become a plan.
          Good start. Contact OTW and even Vickers.

I toured the boat when it stopped in Guam back in the early 70's (but they stopped me at the 'American Section'). Nice boat, good grew, very basic interlocks on the tubes -- scary, and the enlisted guys wore sandles below-deck.

M
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• zhuravlik
            Lieutenant
            • Mar 2011

I was thinking to contact BAe systems, but I'm still annoyed about no response from the Norwegian Navy Maritime Museum. They even bounced off a friend of mine who is in the Norwegian Navy!
            Anyway I will try to contact:

Donna Matheson

Communications Associate Public AffairsBAE Systems - Maritime Services

on monday showing her my work and asking for some more infos. I'll contact OTW too.
            I've searched through the net looking for post war british boat photos for a week and indeed can see those leather sandles everywere.

Comment

• Subculture
              Admiral
              • Feb 2009

The main source of information on this boat I think is the Submarine Museum at Gosport. I'm afraid it would mean a personal visit to get access to the library though.

Comment

• bwi 971
                Captain
                • Jan 2015

Integrated DDS on the HMS AMBUSH?

Click image for larger version

Name:	HMS Ambush5.jpg
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	98836

Name:	HMS Ambush4.jpg
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	98837

Name:	HMS Ambush6.jpg
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	98838
                Practical wisdom is only to be learned in the school of experience.
                "Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• Von Hilde
                  Rear Admiral
                  • Oct 2011

"Dry Dock" storage, sometimes SDVs. submersable and surface, like fast RIBs. Sometimes......... .-.. .- .-- ... (over)

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Von Hilde
                    "Dry Dock" storage, sometimes SDVs. submersable and surface, like fast RIBs. Sometimes......... .-.. .- .-- ... (over)
                    ...ruff men who ply their trade under cover of darkness.

God! The Brit's make 'modern' submarines with so, so much character to them. I would love to model, paint, and weather this boat! Ugly-beautiful things.

M
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• HardRock
                      Vice Admiral
                      • Mar 2013

Interesting to see the Royal Marine and mounted machine guns on the sail. Must be some ****ty place they are going into.

Comment

• HardRock
                        Vice Admiral
                        • Mar 2013

Also interesting that the ****er isn't looking where he's supposed to be looking!

Comment

• Von Hilde
                          Rear Admiral
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by HardRock
                          Also interesting that the ****er isn't looking where he's supposed to be looking!
                          nobody notices the guy taking the pictures. If it was one of our ops. somebody in the advance party would have taken care of the camera, and the operator. already. Back in the day, I had to "unload" a camera or two, even from offical USN photographers that were taking pictures where they arnt authorised. I was present when a full Commander USN just had to take a picture of something he shouldnt. He was seriously taken down to the deck and relieved of his camera. and all the film cans he had in his posession. Without an "Excuse me" or "thank you" He was XO of the base, but there are NO exceptions. Leathal Force Authorised! "If you can read the sign, your too close" Todays Navy, my son stands armed watches aboard while underway. Usually a sidearm and an M4 depending on the security spaces. On deck they have twin Ma duces and single M-60s manned at stationary mounts an a few SAWs for individual positions. Its a Ticondaroga class cruiser, so there are several large weapons aboard, but deck security is 24-7 even in home port. Now days, you never know when a little boat with a bag of cowpoop and a can of diesel come running into the side
                          Attached Files

Comment

• reddevil
                            Commander
                            • Jun 2009

The place they're berthing at is Gibraltar. And as the conflict with us (Spain) regarding territorial waters around there is still alive (although Utrectch treaty is very clear about that matter), and environmentalists groups had performed demonstrations against the presence of nuclear subs at Algeciras bay, may be the fellow on command decided to show some deterrent element.

Comment

• reddevil
                              Commander
                              • Jun 2009

Regarding taking this kind of pics, remember what I told you some time ago about the pics I took from RNS SCEPTRE at Port Everglades while loading torps. A US Marine controlling the operaation at the quay told me there was no problema in taking the pics cause US is a free country. Of course the british crew didn't enjoied me taking the pics.
                              And also I think I told you about my sightseen of DDG 51 USS ARLEIGH BURKE at Cartagena Naval Base, here in Spain, from a place outside base's fence and open to public acces and transit: A sailor on deck spotted me looking at the ship and radioed it to a US Marine on watch at ship's bow. Last thing I saw was the Marine taking his weapon from his shoulder, cause got into my car an went away. Those were the worst days of Al Qaida actions and I think that couple was quite nervous.

Comment

• Von Hilde
                                Rear Admiral
                                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by reddevil
                                Regarding taking this kind of pics, remember what I told you some time ago about the pics I took from RNS SCEPTRE at Port Everglades while loading torps. A US Marine controlling the operaation at the quay told me there was no problema in taking the pics cause US is a free country. Of course the british crew didn't enjoied me taking the pics.
                                And also I think I told you about my sightseen of DDG 51 USS ARLEIGH BURKE at Cartagena Naval Base, here in Spain, from a place outside base's fence and open to public acces and transit: A sailor on deck spotted me looking at the ship and radioed it to a US Marine on watch at ship's bow. Last thing I saw was the Marine taking his weapon from his shoulder, cause got into my car an went away. Those were the worst days of Al Qaida actions and I think that couple was quite nervous.
                                I recall being in Rota in condition2 the entire time we were there. Only a couple days but there were issues back then as well. Barcelona, on the other hand, we were wide open, go figgure? Had a wonderful time. STROC was Brit base and condition 2 as well.

Comment

Working...