• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neitosub
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Nov 2021

Originally posted by rwtdiver

Nate,

So you are running TWO 380 motors on one Viper Sub 10?

I have two of these mini Viper 10, so if I run one for the pump and one for my drive motor I should be good to go? I pretty sure the motor on the pump and the drive motor are at 380 or possibly smaller!

Rob
    "Firemen can stand the heat"
    Yes sir! Two 390-sized motors in parallel on one ESC. The motors are one size longer than the standard 380s, the ones I have are commonly used on 1/16 scale RC tanks, very torquey and plenty of power. The Sub10 ESCs are rated at 40A current I believe, so they should be able to handle the motors that you have. When in doubt, I always connect the pump motor terminals directly to the main battery with a multimeter. I then pump water into the sink and measure the current just be sure.

Nate

Comment

• rwtdiver
      Vice Admiral
      • Feb 2019

Using the Viper MINI 10 ESC (https://www.rc-submarine.com/product...ne-10-mini-esc)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Geared Pump 3.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	163108
      The geared pump (Pumping water) was pulling 1.33 current amps at 7.2V power.

Name:	HMS HOLLAND 9.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	163109
      The drive motor (not under load) was pulling 0.30 current amps at 7.2V power
      The Hitec HS-311 (not under load) was pulling 0.14 current amps at 7.2V power

I think using the two Viper MINI 10 ESC's (https://www.rc-submarine.com/product...ne-10-mini-esc) one for the pump alone, and the other for the drive motor and two Hitec HS-311 servos will work out great!

Name:	HMS HOLLAND 65.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	163110
      This is the power supply unit that I used for the 7.2 Volts and to check the current amp draws on pump, drive motor, and the servos!

Rob
      "Firemen can stand the heat"

Comment

Working...