X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Das Boot
    Rear Admiral
    • Dec 2019

Ever Notice?

There are some regulars here that never give a thumbs up to any post. Are they better than the rest of us or just oblivious?
    Last edited by Das Boot; 05-16-2022, 04:08 PM.
    Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

I'm simply superior in every way... can't be bothered with you common mouth-breathers.

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Kazzer
      Kazzer commented
      Editing a comment
      I see nothing has changed! You'd think retirement would have mellowed him! Ha!
  • Das Boot
    Rear Admiral
    • Dec 2019

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
    I'm simply superior in every way... can't be bothered with you common mouth-breathers.

David
    You give credit. Others are silent.

Comment

• rwtdiver
      Vice Admiral
      • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Das Boot
      There are some regulars here that never give a thumbs up to any post. Are they better than the rest of us or just oblivious? Get involved or hit the road.
      Casey,

When I see good stuff, I always try and give a thumbs up and say something commentary about what they are doing!

Rob
      "Firemen can stand the heat"

Comment

• Bob Gato
        Captain
        • Feb 2019

Its called The Silent Service for a reason..coming from surface boat forums, that was a concern of mine when I started to post on submarines forums...then I learned to check the views...they're paying attention-just no comments...that is just the way it is-BG
        Last edited by Bob Gato; 05-14-2022, 06:04 AM.

Comment

• Das Boot
          Rear Admiral
          • Dec 2019

I’m not worthy of praise and don’t want any, but some here are and deserve to be told so. Many posts of hard work just sit there with lots views, and no comments. How hard is it to just hit the like button? End of rant.

Comment

• Bob Gato
            Captain
            • Feb 2019

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (556).png Views:	34 Size:	90.8 KB ID:	161712 Here is a screenshot of the first page of Builder's Threads

There are 20947 views of all the listed posts...
            There are 747 responses
            How many likes do you see on this page- TWO

I know one of those likes was mine and the other one might have been the OP's

Casey-the like icon has gone the way of the dinosaur-occasionally you might spot one in some cold Scottish lake but for the most part don't count on it as feedback-BG

Last edited by Bob Gato; 05-15-2022, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• Subculture
              Admiral
              • Feb 2009

The way i see it is that although forums and social media groups linked to this branch of the hobby have numerous members, the actual active membership is very small.

It also tends to be the same people across multiple forums, although some will favour one group over another.

So contribution is thinly spread..

Back in the late nineties and early noughties, it was very different, there were only one or two sites catering to this hobby where you could engage online. Now there are dozens.

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                Welcome to my underwater realm!
                • Aug 2009

The only thing the like functionality impacts is user "reputation", that being the little bar under your name. It's kind of just a status thing, it doesn't affect quality or ranking of posts.
                For those of you confused as to what we're talking about, there is a little "thumbs up" icon at the bottom right hand corner of a post. Click it to show some love to the poster.

Bob

Comment

• Das Boot
                  Rear Admiral
                  • Dec 2019

I believe it’s a ‘like’ icon.

Comment

• SubDude
                    Captain
                    • Dec 2019

I was an active member of another forum utilizing vBulletin and the "Like" button was much more used than here. It may just be a difference in the age of the members or going with the flow. I know I found myself using it less here because it seemed less important.

Comment

• trout
                      Admiral
                      • Jul 2011

There are some regulars here that never give a thumbs up to any post. Are they better than the rest of us or just oblivious? Get involved or hit the road.
                      I wanted to respond with a smart a$$ response, but I fear some will not take it in the light it was meant. So, I don't do it much here because it is not the culture of this forum (and others). Facebook is more the thumbs up place and here it is kind to say great job or share knowledge.
                      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• QuarterMaster
                        Rear Admiral
                        • Sep 2015

What are you the internet police?? Live in a Totalitarian state like Russia?
                        Don't be so damn judgmental. You're NOT God. Mind your own trim.

Don't EVER tell someone else what they can, or should do.

Why do some people need validation of their existence?

If you don't like this comment, lay forward to the Torpedo room where you can find your way out via the escape Trunk.
                        v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
                        NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
                        USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• SubSteve
                          Lieutenant
                          • Apr 2022

I was not aware we had a like button. I will use it promiscuously in the future. I may even "like" this post.

Comment

• SubSteve
                            Lieutenant
                            • Apr 2022

Originally posted by SubSteve
                            I was not aware we had a like button. I will use it promiscuously in the future. I may even "like" this post.
                            Well, apparently you cannot like your own post. I am without words...

Comment

Working...