Views:	547
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	150090

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010038.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	150091

I have two more 8 hour pieces to print out and then I will start the glue up process! The files on this boat are exceptionally good. With this build I will be receiving the brass etching. All the frame work openings are really clean and ready for installation! Looking forward to the rest of the build!

Rob
    "Firemen can stand the heat"

Leave a comment:

• Monahan Steam Models
    replied
    How’s the type XXI coming along?

Leave a comment:

• rwtdiver
    replied
    While I am working on the Nautilus, I am also working on printing out the parts to the Type XXl My new Dremel printer is doing an excellent job on the parts!

Name:	P5190872.jpg
Views:	589
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	149992

Rob

Leave a comment:

• rwtdiver
    replied
    As some are aware I had to replace my old Dremel 3D40 3D printer! I did purchase another Dremel 3D40 Flex Digilab, basically the same printer with a few more upgrades!

Name:	P5090002.jpg
Views:	660
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	149891Click image for larger version

Name:	P5160006.jpg
Views:	679
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	149892

I am going to start on the Type XXl 3D printed parts tomorrow! I will be using white PLA on this project, and I will be using the new Dremel filament! It's a larger roll and a much better quality than the original filament.

So hopefully in a few days I will have the hulls sections done on my Type XXl!

Rob

Leave a comment:

• rwtdiver
    started a topic Type XXXI U-2540 1:72 Scale Sub Build

Type XXXI U-2540 1:72 Scale Sub Build

This build will be from 3D print files that I purchased from Nautilus Drydocks! RIGHT OFF THE BAT I POSTED THE WRONG BOAT! NOT A TYPE XXXl SORRY I MEANT THE TYPE XXl :-))

Click image for larger version  Name:	Type XXl Whelhelm.jpg Views:	464 Size:	72.6 KB ID:	149182
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1000536.jpg Views:	365 Size:	78.9 KB ID:	149183Click image for larger version  Name:	P1000544.jpg Views:	372 Size:	53.1 KB ID:	149184

I purchased the files along with the brass photoetch, and the decal set! This boat has really impressed me, and I am looking forward to the build! Just as a side note! I want everyone to know how much I appreciate all the help I have received from Bob Martin (Nautilus Drydocks) I think I must have kept him awake some nights with all the emails back and forth that I have sent to him, not only this build, but with all my purchases from him! Thanks Bob!!

Ounce again my wife feels I need "Professional" help! Oh well! I can not think of a better way at my age to occupy my time with than 3D printing and building submarines!!

I will post up photos of the U-2540 as I progress with the build!

Rob

NOTE: Right off the bat! I messed up the XXI and put up XXXI!! I hope this is not going to for tell the end results of my build!
    Last edited by rwtdiver; 06-03-2022, 07:09 PM.
Working...