• biggsgolf
    Captain
    • Jan 2020

I agree…… we can only hope he returns

Comment

• rwtdiver
      Vice Admiral
      • Feb 2019

I for one want to thank David for all the HELP and ENCOURAGMENT he has given me over the past year plus! He also gave me an older model SD that he had to help me along the way (it's in my Hunley) and again with his help it WORKS great. Without his encouragement plus the time he took to show me the way to do things, no doubt in my mind I would have dropped out of this hobby! Now because of him, I am in it for the long haul!!!

There has been two other men in my life that have kept me straight and given me the encouragement I needed to moving forward in my life! A special Master Chief in the Navy and Battalion Fire Chief! I realize I might be sounding corny right now, but I have always put praise to those that have helped me in life, and I by god put David Merriman in that group!!

OK! I have spoke my piece (as I

Thank you David Merriman!

Rob
      "Firemen can stand the heat"
      Last edited by rwtdiver; 03-24-2021, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• biggsgolf
        Captain
        • Jan 2020

Click image for larger version

Name:	6C66234D-1C3F-47C3-9F6B-B1E7E250A058.jpeg
Views:	236
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	148705

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by rwtdiver

To all!

If I am reading this statement from David correctly! Is he leaving this forum, Nautilus Drydocks? If this is the case, what a TREMENDOUS LOSS!!! His years of contribution to this hobby has built it from the bottom up! There is NO ONE who has given more of his time and masterful talents to this hobby than David Merriman!

I only hope that I have his statement incorrect!!!

Rob
          I'm flattered, Rob. No, I'm not leaving the forum -- I'm simply moderating myself. Posting only when I have something new to report that is germane to the Craft, or answer a question no one else wants to tackle. No longer on the stage, but in the wings, if needed.

David
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• rwtdiver
            Vice Admiral
            • Feb 2019

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

I'm flattered, Rob. No, I'm not leaving the forum -- I'm simply moderating myself. Posting only when I have something new to report that is germane to the Craft, or answer a question no one else wants to tackle. No longer on the stage, but in the wings, if needed.

David
            OK! That is great news David! And I understand where you are coming from! Thank you David!!

Rob

Comment

• Slats
              Vice Admiral
              • Aug 2008

lol - returning to hobby after 5 year break in a 25 year sub building venture.... history repeats.... nuggets of gold that have been thrashed over and over again. You don't grow the hobby by feeding the masses with RTR cheap toys - there's no longevity, or profit in that. And profit there has to be to vendors who develop, innovate and hone their wears. Else what's the point. And there is no hobby.

Re kids - up to parents - here is James - my 12 yr old - born on God's Birthday- with his first sub attempt. He's no special envoy - just had a motivated dad (me) determined to get him in the shop which will compliment the tech that's fed to him at school and by society.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	20190728_154750.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	148976

Retirees are the one's with the time to take up the hobby - but all comers are spanning it's ranks. Improving accessibility to hobby means improving / innovating products that make the hobby simpler - which is not necessarily compatible with millennial's so focused on tech solutions alone.
              John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
              Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Rudger
                Ensign
                • Jun 2021

This is an awesome thread!! It covers so much about today’s culture and interest in crafting skills. I have more I want to say, but I will wait till I am at the computer not an ipad.
                Dean (newbie)​​​​​​.

Comment

Working...