X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kim Sleep
    Commander
    • Nov 2013

Sickly Mr. Merriman, lets send our Get Well wishes his way

I have heard thru the Grape-Vine, that our glorious leader Mr. Merriman is not feeling well. This man has done a helluva lot for the North American RC Sub Scene, so it would be great if everyone could send him a Get Well Card, or at least post Get Well Wishes.
    A man of true Frankenstinean proportions!!
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

You all can kiss my sickly ass!

Compared to some of you bums I've got nothing to ***** about. Nothing a little ablation won't fix.

I'm good: Still have all my appendages, Mr. Cancer has not called, and no one has had to crack my chest yet. So, mind your own ****ing business!

Carry on, you no-good-for-nothing-slacker-robot-worshipers! Remember what happened to the Krell.

David
    The Horrible
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Monahan Steam Models
      Captain
      • Apr 2020

I was just about to write a please get well soon post and then I saw your reply and thought, yup you’re still firing on all eight cylinders and terrorizing the neighborhood! Good!!!

Comment

• Kim Sleep
        Commander
        • Nov 2013

EGADS!...I ****ed up again!

Comment

• Kim Sleep
          Commander
          • Nov 2013

I still think that we all should...hes a big 'ol manly man, ex-marine, so he doesnt want to make a stir

Comment

• QuarterMaster
            Rear Admiral
            • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Kim Sleep
            I still think that we all should...hes a big 'ol manly man, ex-marine, so he doesnt want to make a stir
            If you're talking about Mr. Merriman, not a Jarhead.

A SQUID (Submarine Qualified Until I Die) Submarine Service Vet. TM1(SS) and Qualified Diver.

"The Army is mean, the Marines are meaner...but no one F***s with a Submariner!"

He has gone above and beyond the call of duty for me and my family,

The following is said with much love, honor and respect for the man...only a fellow submariner truly understands.

"Old Torpedomen don't get old, they just explode."

Wishing him calm amid the storm.

"Sub" Ed
            v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
            NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
            USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• rwtdiver
              Vice Admiral
              • Feb 2019

Originally posted by QuarterMaster

If you're talking about Mr. Merriman, not a Jarhead.

A SQUID (Submarine Qualified Until I Die) Submarine Service Vet. TM1(SS) and Qualified Diver.

"The Army is mean, the Marines are meaner...but no one F***s with a Submariner!"

He has gone above and beyond the call of duty for me and my family,

The following is said with much love, honor and respect for the man...only a fellow submariner truly understands.

"Old Torpedomen don't get old, they just explode."

Wishing him calm amid the storm.

"Sub" Ed
              Well stated "SUB" Ed!

From a newbie submarine building "BUM"! Thank you David for all you do for us! Good and positive vibes your way SIR!!

Rob
              "Firemen can stand the heat"

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.PNG
Views:	266
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	146639

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Kim Sleep
                Wrong branch of the Navy, Pal! I was a Torpedoman/submariner/diver, pal.

Name:	DSCF7914.JPG
Views:	309
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	146641Click image for larger version

Name:	meindivedress.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	146643

Name:	IMG_0092.JPG
Views:	302
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	146644

Keep pouring gasoline on that fire.

David
                Attached Files
                Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 01-13-2021, 01:41 PM.
                Who is John Galt?

Comment

• QuarterMaster
                  Rear Admiral
                  • Sep 2015

I see a COW on a Webster! Take it back...too many tagouts on the BCP. Below Decks watch or just a photo shoot?

v/r "Sub" Ed

USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• Aug 2008

I see a COW on a Webster! Take it back...too many tagouts on the BCP. Below Decks watch or just a photo shoot?
                    Yeah, in port, tag-out city, I think it was a change of command at Pearl. We were headed to the canal for our trip to EB for Poseidon conversion. That's where I hooked up with Ellie, in New London, she was working at the Yard at the time.

My last patrols on the pig-fish I stood COW, but most of the time I was either in the Bow Compartment as a TM or in the Missile Compartment as a Launcher-Tech standing watch at LCP.

Nine patrols -- made me miss the stink and grunge of the TRUTTA. Patrols were hell on single guys.

Attached Files
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• HardRock
                      Vice Admiral
                      • Mar 2013

Get well soon Fish Head. Old sailors never die - they just smell that way!

Comment

• roedj
                        Captain
                        • Sep 2008

Those are some really nice pictures of HeWhoCannotBeShamed. I think it's time I dig out the one of our boy in the pink shorts. You're welcome.

Captain Consoling
                        Born in Detroit - where the weak are killed and eaten.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by roedj
                          Those are some really nice pictures of HeWhoCannotBeShamed. I think it's time I dig out the one of our boy in the pink shorts. You're welcome.

Captain Consoling
                          things are starting to get out of hand!
                          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• QuarterMaster
                            Rear Admiral
                            • Sep 2015

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

Nine patrols -- made me miss the stink and grunge of the TRUTTA. Patrols were hell on single guys.
                            Yes, though I didn't understand it at the time, Boomers were for married folk. Though I did like the 4 week R&R/Leave my Chief always gave me after landing in Harford CT.

My fondest memory and what I miss? You may find it strange!

Of all things was the Midwatch at the QM Stand.

Very quiet besides the hum of the electronics, orders for the occasional CDM, maybe a new Sonar Contact. Did all the calculations for the coming day like Sunrise, Sunset, Moonrise, Moonset. Intel briefs and updating the Weather Chart, prepping the CO's 0800 report as well as readying the next set of Nav Charts for the day. Not bad for a kid who just turned 18.

Time to yourself while still on watch. Felt like we owned the world 'cuz they couldn't see us.

v/r "Sub" Ed

Comment

• rwtdiver
                              Vice Admiral
                              • Feb 2019

Yes, though I didn't understand it at the time, Boomers were for married folk. Though I did like the 4 week R&R/Leave my Chief always gave me after landing in Harford CT.

My fondest memory and what I miss? You may find it strange!

Of all things was the Midwatch at the QM Stand.

Very quiet besides the hum of the electronics, orders for the occasional CDM, maybe a new Sonar Contact. Did all the calculations for the coming day like Sunrise, Sunset, Moonrise, Moonset. Intel briefs and updating the Weather Chart, prepping the CO's 0800 report as well as readying the next set of Nav Charts for the day. Not bad for a kid who just turned 18.

Time to yourself while still on watch. Felt like we owned the world 'cuz they couldn't see us.

"SUB" Ed,

I know you and I had a little misunderstanding a time ago (which I have forgotten) I just want to let you know I have the UTMOST respect for you and your service to our country! Both you and David M. for your service as Submariners is certainly respected by me! I read between the lines of the above you just wrote Ed, and understand how you and David loved your time the "Silent Service" Don't let this go to your heads, but I just had to say it.... I realize there are others on this forum that served in the Submarine service and I thank you all!!

Rob
                              "Firemen can stand the heat"

Comment

Working...