• Show
Clear All
  • Kim Sleep
    Commander
    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by he who shall not be named

things are starting to get out of hand!
    never.........!
    A man of true Frankenstinean proportions!!

Comment

• rwtdiver
      Vice Admiral
      • Feb 2019

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

Wrong branch of the Navy, Pal! I was a Torpedoman/submariner/diver, pal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7914.JPG
Views:	309
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	146641Click image for larger version

Name:	meindivedress.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	146643

Name:	IMG_0092.JPG
Views:	302
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	146644

Keep pouring gasoline on that fire.

David
      Hi David,

Do these self contained items ring any bells with you!:-)

Name:	photo[7364].JPG
Views:	258
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	146886Click image for larger version

Name:	photo[7365].JPG
Views:	152
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	146887

Right after I got out of the Navy, and joined the Fire Dept. This is the gear we had for our search and rescue teams! (Navy surplus at the time)

Name:	P1190003.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	146888

I was also a member of the Sheriff's dive team. this type of equipment took us right up to the early 60's! Good and bad memories!!

Rob
      "Firemen can stand the heat"
      Perfection is our goal. Excellence will be tolerated"

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by rwtdiver

Hi David,

Do these self contained items ring any bells with you!:-)

Name:	photo[7364].JPG
Views:	258
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	146886Click image for larger version

Name:	photo[7365].JPG
Views:	152
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	146887

Right after I got out of the Navy, and joined the Fire Dept. This is the gear we had for our search and rescue teams! (Navy surplus at the time)

Name:	P1190003.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	146888

I was also a member of the Sheriff's dive team. this type of equipment took us right up to the early 60's! Good and bad memories!!

Rob
        Perfection is our goal. Excellence will be tolerated"
        Sure do, we called that old two-stage regulator the embolize-machine -- you rolled over on your back the over-pressure (difference between the regulator and your chest) slammed you with too much air) could damage your lungs. Looks like you were bequeathed the EOD version as I think that housing is non-magnetic. Did the Navy also off-load on you poor souls those humongous aluminum bottles as well? I think they were 90 cubic inches each. When I qualified as one of the two boat divers on the WEBSTER our dive locker had this gear as well as the old Jack-Brown surface supplied mask -- loved that one: simple, no comm's, and didn't put hardware in your yap.

A young man's game.

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• rwtdiver
          Vice Admiral
          • Feb 2019

Sure do, we called that old two-stage regulator the embolize-machine -- you rolled over on your back the over-pressure (difference between the regulator and your chest) slammed you with too much air) could damage your lungs. Looks like you were bequeathed the EOD version as I think that housing is non-magnetic. Did the Navy also off-load on you poor souls those humongous aluminum bottles as well? I think they were 90 cubic inches each. When I qualified as one of the two boat divers on the WEBSTER our dive locker had this gear as well as the old Jack-Brown surface supplied mask -- loved that one: simple, no comm's, and didn't put hardware in your yap.

A young man's game.

David
          The Fire Dept. had 3 or 4 of the old 90's bottles, but they where steel. We used them because that's all we had. It was rough when we where called out to do a body retrieve in small ponds or lakes that where like swimming in mud and all kinds of hang up debris. Those bottles where just to big and heavy to work with.

Name:	P1190010.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	146909

When I joined the Sheriffs Dive team they went with all Scuba-Pro equipment. Some of the tanks where 80 cf size alum, with single hose single stage regulators.
          While in the service I did put in for UDT training, and as soon as I finished up boot I was on my way to the U.S. Naval Amphibious Base in Norfolk, Va.I got my transfer from Naval Reserve to regular Navy.

Passed all my qualifications, and it was looking great! The one of the doctors the performed the physical found a slight heart valve issue! Well needless to say my career as a Navy Diver (UDT) was over.

That's it! Enough about me! Now that I have found all you great people on this forum, and I am learning how to build Submarines. Life is GOOD.....

Rob
          "Perfection is our goal. Excellence will be tolerated"

PS: David what a great career and service to our country you had with the US Navy!!!

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by rwtdiver

The Fire Dept. had 3 or 4 of the old 90's bottles, but they where steel. We used them because that's all we had. It was rough when we where called out to do a body retrieve in small ponds or lakes that where like swimming in mud and all kinds of hang up debris. Those bottles where just to big and heavy to work with.

Name:	P1190010.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	146909

When I joined the Sheriffs Dive team they went with all Scuba-Pro equipment. Some of the tanks where 80 cf size alum, with single hose single stage regulators.
            While in the service I did put in for UDT training, and as soon as I finished up boot I was on my way to the U.S. Naval Amphibious Base in Norfolk, Va.I got my transfer from Naval Reserve to regular Navy.

Passed all my qualifications, and it was looking great! The one of the doctors the performed the physical found a slight heart valve issue! Well needless to say my career as a Navy Diver (UDT) was over.

That's it! Enough about me! Now that I have found all you great people on this forum, and I am learning how to build Submarines. Life is GOOD.....

Rob

PS: David what a great career and service to our country you had with the US Navy!!!
            Police and Sheriff diving is the worst. Body and evidence/gun searches in pure muck. It ain't like those make-believe CSI TV shows, is it?! My hat's off to you and the rest of your kind for doing that vital and mostly unappreciated work.

David
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• rwtdiver
              Vice Admiral
              • Feb 2019

Police and Sheriff diving is the worst. Body and evidence/gun searches in pure muck. It ain't like those make-believe CSI TV shows, is it?! My hat's off to you and the rest of your kind for doing that vital and mostly unappreciated work.

David
              Thank you David! Appreciate the kind words! Body retrieval was always the worst, because of the families waiting!
              Nice to able to share ones history with friends!! Now back to real the pleasure of our life, family and SUBMARINES!! Build on!!

Rob

Comment

Working...