X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by trout
    Bob,
    I cannot agree with you more. We do what we can, given our skills, desires, and experience, to enjoy our hobby or passion for submarines. While I understand people are trying to encourage Rob to step out a little further out of his comfort zone, I enjoy just seeing what Rob does!
    Rob (and all of us) can do so much more! Never settle for less than your best. Why do we call them SCALE models then? I'm diametrically opposed to this 'if it's good enough for you, it's good enough' feel-good horse-****.

Rob: drop the other shoe. Get that SD fully functional and make than an even better model. I command it!

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• rwtdiver
      Vice Admiral
      • Feb 2019

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

Rob (and all of us) can do so much more! Never settle for less than your best. Why do we call them SCALE models then? I'm diametrically opposed to this 'if it's good enough for you, it's good enough' feel-good horse-****.

Rob: drop the other shoe. Get that SD fully functional and make than an even better model. I command it!

David
      Thanks Bob, Tom, and David!

I hear what you are all saying! Yes I am VERY pleased with how it performs as it is! It handles exceptionally well, and it is a blast to operate. I now have a boat that totally turns the full radius of our pool, and with room to spare. I did not use the rudder extender at all!

The reason I did not make this fully operational, was because I totally destroyed every piece of electronics in the original SD! This happened because I hooked up the SD to my DC power supply, turned it on BEFORE I checked the voltage settings! Needless to say I smoked the SD. Therefore I re-manufactured another SD complete from scrap parts that I had and purchased some new electronics as well!

So that is the bottom line at this point. Also I had an issue with the adjustable prop linkage not operating properly! So at this point I take this build at what I finally wound up with! There is no doubt in my mind that in time I will have this boat diving as it should with a proper SD and a reworked adjustable prop system!! I think she looks darn good in the water!!!!

Rob
      "Firemen can stand the heat"

Comment

• rwtdiver
        Vice Admiral
        • Feb 2019

Here are two photos of the re-manufactured SD that I built to replace original one I destroyed!

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010654.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	150781Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010677.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	150782

Rob

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
          • Aug 2008

So be it.

David
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• rwtdiver
            Vice Admiral
            • Feb 2019

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
            So be it.

David

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nautilus 4.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	150803

"To Be Continued"

Rob
            Last edited by rwtdiver; 06-24-2021, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Working...