X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monahan Steam Models
    Captain
    • Apr 2020

Just want to say thank you

Just want to say thank you to David Meriman and Bob Martin for all the time they have each spent taking time out of their busy days helping pass knowledge and hard won skills on to the rest of us.

Bob, thank you today for taking my calls when you were busy and spending the time with me today to point me in the right direction. Huge help and thank you Sir!!!

David, you’re a bad@ss and the hard won knowledge you generously bring to the table with you’re posts and your products are greatly appreciated. The foresight and thought you have put into you’re designs has made a huge difference in making such a complicated engineering feat more accessible to the rest of us. Thank you for that sir!!!

Bob, you take the time to make the time in your busy days to produce well thought out and perfectly executed videos, going into detail on how to properly accomplish a certain build task during a project. Thank you for taking all the time to do this. Very helpful and appreciated.

To the rest of you skilled unruly folks who humbly post the fruits of your labor, I appreciate your talents and your sharing of your skills.

May you all continue to be well with you and yours in this next year and keep being the awesome folks you are

Best regards,

Nick
  • rwtdiver
    Vice Admiral
    • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Monahan Steam Models

Just want to say thank you to David Meriman and Bob Martin for all the time they have each spent taking time out of their busy days helping pass knowledge and hard won skills on to the rest of us.

Bob, thank you today for taking my calls when you were busy and spending the time with me today to point me in the right direction. Huge help and thank you Sir!!!

David, you’re a bad@ss and the hard won knowledge you generously bring to the table with you’re posts and your products are greatly appreciated. The foresight and thought you have put into you’re designs has made a huge difference in making such a complicated engineering feat more accessible to the rest of us. Thank you for that sir!!!

Bob, you take the time to make the time in your busy days to produce well thought out and perfectly executed videos, going into detail on how to properly accomplish a certain build task during a project. Thank you for taking all the time to do this. Very helpful and appreciated.

To the rest of you skilled unruly folks who humbly post the fruits of your labor, I appreciate your talents and your sharing of your skills.

May you all continue to be well with you and yours in this next year and keep being the awesome folks you are

Best regards,

Nick
    Nick,

I would like to second your above statement! It could not have been stated any better! And thank you for your kind words to the rest of the unruly folks who lurk on this forum! Great bunch of people all!!

Rob
    "Firemen can stand the heat"

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Thank you, Nick. Your words -- coming from such an accomplished mechanic-machinist as yourself -- carries substantial weight. You made my day.

Bob Martin is the glue that holds this community together. His mechanical skills, organizational talent, and his excellent public outreach methods, has given this Craft a nexus for all those on this continent.

David
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• TINFISH
        Lieutenant
        • Apr 2019

Very well stated Nick, as Rob said, you worded it perfectly.

I believe the world of rc submarines is on a path that is going to bring a lot of new enthusiast in the coming days, weeks, years. In great part to Bob and David and all they have shared simply because they are nice enough to do it.
        Thanks guys, I salute you both!

Mike

Comment

• RCSubGuy
          Welcome to my underwater realm!
          • Aug 2009

Awww, shucks. Thanks, guys. Despite your kind words, I feel like there is so much more that I could be doing. I keep running out of hours in the day. I've received a lot of offers of help from other people who want to support in any way they can. With the upcoming change in SubCommittee leadership next month, we'll have more resources to play with as well.

An exciting time for the hobby, for sure.

One good thing, though, is that I'm nearing the end of my quest to get my private pilot's license. That will free up another 4 to 6 hours per week and let me get back to my regular routine. It's been a long journey, but if things go well, I take my FAA check ride next week.

Comment

• cheapsub
            Lieutenant Commander
            • Dec 2019

David could you PM me your address, i have to send you the antique stuff , before I start to do something bad to them.

Comment

• george
              Captain
              • Dec 2010

I too agree 100% with what Nick said.

Also before I forget. Wishing ALL the members a Merry Christmas and Happy Better New Year AND stay the hell away from Covid19!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...