Sorry. I'll disengage.

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• QuarterMaster
      Rear Admiral
      • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Groot689

Okay, I'm scratching my head as to the meaning of this entry in my thread but...

Bob, YES PLEASE!!!!!!! Take a stab and see what you can do. In the meantime, I'm going to try to figure out how Kirk would have confronted this problem and why HWSNBN keeps popping up in my threads.
      Are you actually getting angry here?

I'll be as monosyllabic for you as possible.

Yes we had a little fun on YOUR thread. Myself using a ST movie reference on Dave.

Dave meant to encourage you to do things for yourself, in his way. If you can build an sub you can do just about anything. You are among the elite.

I was jokingly referring to Dave that ALL METHODS should be used, on your FS1 on YOUR thread. Essentially I stick up up for 3D printing and old school crafting.

This is a public forum, I'm not apologising for two guys playing around a little on YOUR thread.

At least I thought that was the liberty of NDF's, To speak you mind and have fun.

My 80" DeBoer SEAVIEW is undergoing refit as well and I happen to understand your needs. Been there, done that.

I will however refrain from any suggestions on YOUR threads.

Lighten up, it's the holidays.

v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
      NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
      USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• trout
        Admiral
        • Jul 2011

The meaning of the entry was a jab at David. He does not like3D printing, no correction, he thinks it is the end of humanity. So it was a little fun. As far as your thread, it may be a language translation thing and will give you grace if that is true, but the threads here will usually have topics that go off because here, we are all friends and jump in. The last thing you want to do is not have people post on your thread. Even David in his most gruff times is trying to help. I have had my butt kicked by him, but I am a better person at building subs because of him. He will test your resilience. Bounce back and get back to fixing that Seaview.
        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Groot689
          Lieutenant Commander
          • Mar 2016

Hey guys, you all are over reacting. I am well aware of David's sometimes off topic entries but his input is always welcome by yours truly. As a matter of fact, he has been instrumental in getting me started on this project including his generosity regarding upgrade parts and assembly suggestions etc. I simply commented on the fact that I did not understand the context with which the Quartermaster's entry was written since it had little to do with my topic. Let the truth be known that I am a serious Star Trek fan and I genuinely appreciate the humor.

QM, you certainly don't have to explain to me the protocols regarding public forums especially with regard to self expression etc. nor do I wish to further antagonize you by suggesting you lighten up for the holidays. Your technical expertise is certainly welcome as well but if you are uncomfortable with my taking ownership of this particular topic thread perhaps this is a discussion for another time and place. I am simply requesting help with a particular subject with the hope that the wealth of talent found here can address my flying sub issue and others.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
            • Aug 2008

And with that we have clarity. No harm. No foul.

Onward.

David
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• RCSubGuy
              Welcome to my underwater realm!
              • Aug 2009

Not the most detailed of files, but will polish up nicely! Off to Richard tomorrow!
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...