Favorite Boat Poll

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCSubGuy
    replied
    Yes, Bob did! Still one of my favorite buildups...

That build featured LED lighting, opening and closing mouth (entry ramp), practical upper hatch, articulating front dive planes/fins, and (what I'm most proud of) fully functional iris hatch to the diving chamber inside the mouth...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RCSubGuy; 03-07-2019, 08:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Gato
    replied
    It probably went something like this..

Leave a comment:

• Subculture
    replied
    Bob built one of those up in a steampunk style. Pictures of it somewhere around on this forum or on his site.. Mamas' missus did the fish.

Leave a comment:

• Albion
    replied
    Originally posted by Subculture
    Cross his palm with silver and you can be the proud owner of one. https://studio2models.webs.com/
    And a terrorfish, be still my beating heart. IMHO that’s steam punk right there

Leave a comment:

• Subculture
    replied
    Cross his palm with silver and you can be the proud owner of one. https://studio2models.webs.com/

Leave a comment:

• Albion
    replied
    Love that stingray, I think I need one

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by Subculture
    Mamas is your man for a Skydiver. Doesn't dive, but working well on the surface

Mamas is an incredible talent. One of the finest model-builders I've had the pleasure of knowing. Here's some of his work on the Anderson STINGRAY:

David

Leave a comment:

• Subculture
    replied
    Mamas is your man for a Skydiver. Doesn't dive, but working well on the surface

Leave a comment:

• Bob Gato
    replied
    As posted by AirDOGGe in RCG Dock Talk

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Bob Gato
    I can't believe that nobody mentioned the shado/skydiver from UFO or was it the Thunderbirds?
    Johann Sauer built a half-size static study model -- was going to build a practical r/c submarine version, but I've hear nothing since (over ten years ago).

David

Leave a comment:

• Bob Gato
    replied
    I can't believe that nobody mentioned the shado/skydiver from UFO or was it the Thunderbirds?

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by QuarterMaster

Forgive me o-Grand Poo-Bah! For this lowly QM's memory is old and feeble!! Thou most worthy kick in the pants reminded me!!!
    Leave it to a NavaGuesser to get things half-right.

"underwater mountain, yeah, sure, OD, I'm kinda sure its around here ….. someplace (busily consulting three year old chart)"

You people!

David
    Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 03-03-2019, 04:14 PM. Reason: not done with the lash yet

Leave a comment:

• QuarterMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt:

David
    Forgive me o-Grand Poo-Bah! For this lowly QM's memory is old and feeble!! Thou most worthy kick in the pants reminded me!!!

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by QuarterMaster

You need to see the DeBoer Concept II

Concept II
    Been there, done that, got the T-shirt:

DeBoer Hulls Concept-2 SEAVIEW model assembled and outfitted for r/c operation. System explanation.

Initial in-water testing of the r/c converted DeBoer Hulls, Concept-2 SEAVIEW model submairne. This run was to establish turning radius, depth control, and v...

David

Leave a comment:

• QuarterMaster
    replied
    Bob made one operational for a customer.

RC Concept II

I'm thinking stinking one myself, after a GATO of course, and after the other 7 are back online.

Which means never

Leave a comment:

Working...