Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Groot689
    Perfect. Thanks David, ah er your Highness. This is what I need. My life has meaning once again.
    I found the deck and side-walls to the Observation Compartment, I'll cast those up over the weekend for you. Still can't find the sail tool (likely lost in the flood of a few years back), so continue on with Dennis' original.

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Groot689
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Mar 2016

Thank you! Can't wait.

Comment

• Groot689
        Lieutenant Commander
        • Mar 2016

I have finally been able to continue my work on the Seaview sail by filling cracks, sanding, adding new doors and sail details. I have applied a quick coat of primer and temporarily attached the dive planes. Looking much better I think.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1079.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	570.0 KB
ID:	131602
        Attached Files

Comment

• Aug 2008

Parts coming your way tomorrow. Sorry about the delay.

David
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Groot689
            Lieutenant Commander
            • Mar 2016

No problem! I have not been able to get back into the workshop until last weekend so my progress has been slowed somewhat. Your parts have already made a big difference on the sail.

Comment

• Aug 2008

No problem! I have not been able to get back into the workshop until last weekend so my progress has been slowed somewhat. Your parts have already made a big difference on the sail.
              Not to poop all over your parade, but that 'brinicle' you mounted in the bridge: Its not a brinicle. It's an ashtray! (ducking for cover).

David
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
                Admiral
                • Jul 2011

Already looks much better!
                If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Groot689
                  Lieutenant Commander
                  • Mar 2016

Not to poop all over your parade, but that 'brinicle' you mounted in the bridge: Its not a brinicle. It's an ashtray! (ducking for cover).
                  See, I actually knew that. Richard Basehart was an avid smoker and quite frankly, I had trouble finding room for a brinicle since the layout of the DeBoer bridge is different from Mobius etc. Besides, its what Basehart would want.

Comment

• Aug 2008

See, I actually knew that. Richard Basehart was an avid smoker and quite frankly, I had trouble finding room for a brinicle since the layout of the DeBoer bridge is different from Mobius etc. Besides, its what Basehart would want.
                    I'm an ass …. can't even spell it right: Binnacle! I'll see if I can't find a replacement for that ash-tray you got spoiling the otherwise good looking bridge.

David
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Groot689
                      Lieutenant Commander
                      • Mar 2016

Well, I'm back. My new job has been kicking my butt and I have had to set aside my hobby projects (gasp, I cant believe I just said that) for the time being. However, work on the Seaview restoration has officially resumed. More to come...

I have started working on the stern while focusing on the fins and control surfaces. First, I have removed the damaged fins and removed old epoxy etc with my Dremel. I block sanded the exterior hull both top and bottom and geez... this primer/gel coat/ kevlar impregnated coating is tough. I was able to get rid of some imperfections but revealed even more. Next, I used a two part epoxy to bond the control surfaces on the fins and will follow up with several layers of Evercoat and lots of sanding.

Name:	IMG_2074.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	135260

Name:	IMG_2084.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	135262

Name:	IMG_2081.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	135261

Comment

• Tugfan
                        Lieutenant Commander
                        • Nov 2010

Garry Kerr and his politics makes me sick to my stomach.
                        Last edited by Tugfan; 12-16-2019, 12:24 AM.

Comment

• Tugfan
                          Lieutenant Commander
                          • Nov 2010

Anyone ever notice that the periscope on Seaview was
                          before the hatch in the control room, but was behind the sail hatch
                          on the sail?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Tugfan
                            Anyone ever notice that the periscope on Seaview was
                            before the hatch in the control room, but was behind the sail hatch
                            on the sail?
                            Any attempt by the viewer to resolve physical paradoxes between miniatures and sets of an Erwin Allen production learn the true meaning of frustration.

I know!

Guys like Dennis DeBoer, Rick Knorowski, Fred Barr, Gary Kerr, Paul Lubliner, and myself have suffered for years trying.

David
                            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• QuarterMaster
                              Rear Admiral
                              • Sep 2015

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

Any attempt by the viewer to resolve physical paradoxes between miniatures and sets of an Erwin Allen production learn the true meaning of frustration.

I know!

Guys like Dennis DeBoer, Rick Knorowski, Fred Barr, Gary Kerr, Paul Lubliner, and myself have suffered for years trying.

David

Hey!

If we're gonna suspend belief....go ALL the way!

The SEAVIEW was a girl ahead of her time!! She used PHOTONIC MAST's" !!

Now be quiet so I can get back to my WIP sub which was miniaturized to 3 microns and injected into a human body. Sheeez

BTY, this is a great shot Dave. Cleaned up resolution wise, and removal of the pool filter gives it a show (story) quality!

v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
                              NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
                              USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• trout
                                Admiral
                                • Jul 2011

Played a little....

Name:	Skipjack and Seaview 02.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	135524Click image for larger version

Name:	Skipjack and Seaview 01.jpg
Views:	491
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	135525
                                If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

Working...