X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RCSubGuy
    Welcome to my underwater realm!
    • Aug 2009

Thread Hunter Wanted! - Bounty offered!

As much as I would like to, I just can't find the time to undertake this project and want to see if anyone will enlist to help.

THE BACKGROUND:
    This forum is a veritable cornucopia of superb information. In particular, there are superb build threads on many different submarines, product usage threads, technique threads and many others. Unfortunately, finding them is virtually impossible unless you have weeks to kill and a PHD in computer programming (that might be an exaggeration, but you catch my drift).

THE MISSION:
    In an effort to help everyone here and all newcomers as well, I want to enlist the services of a Bounty Hunter. This individual will scour the untamed wilderness of the forums and hunt down the elusive golden threads, collect the links, pen a quick description, and post up the link in a single, central thread.

This doesn't necessarily have to be an ongoing task. If we can get caught up with content, I can take on flagging new threads and posting up the links myself. I just don't have the time to scour a decade's worth of content to get things started.

THE REWARD:
    This will take time. People working for free sometimes also relegate the task to the back-burner or can do a half-assed job. This is a paid bounty, with reward upon delivery. My offer: a brand new German Type 209 model kit in 1/32 scale, complete with photoetch, brass prop, and periscope set. Here is the link if you need to wrap your brain around the awesomeness. Kit not your style? I'll do store credit equivalent or $300 cash.

I'm not necessarily taking the first bounty hunter to sign up. The successful candidate needs to know how to navigate and search the forums. Hell, I may even give you a thread to find and see if you can locate it (and how long it takes).

Interested? Chime in below. Let me know what you think you'll be able to allocate in terms of time and energy, and let's see what we can make happen.

I think this will be a massive help to everyone here, and to the hobby as a whole. I'm hoping someone can help me out!

Bob

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_46494.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	147877
  • redboat219
    Admiral
    • Dec 2008

Name:	images (9).jpeg
Views:	182
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	147879
    Last edited by redboat219; 02-25-2021, 09:56 AM.
    Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Finally!

I just can't put up with repeating myself anymore.

David
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• RCSubGuy
        • Aug 2009

Just remember... NO disintegrations!

Comment

• Subculture
          Admiral
          • Feb 2009

Name:	51WhG-Slp5L._SL1000_.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	147890

Comment

• Subculture
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

Sometimes it's easier to find a willing volunteer if they know in advance how long they're required to perform their duties.

Most people know, or at least reason that these jobs tend end up long term affairs, and few have the enthusiasm to sign up to that.

Comment

• RCSubGuy
              • Aug 2009

Andy,

Thanks for the tip. I was really hoping not to have to turn this into some sort of contractual arrangement. Anyone here knows that I'm fair. If someone is knocking it out of the park and the time investment on their behalf is becoming large, I have no problem offering additional incentive to continue helping.

I honestly have no idea how many threads we have or how long it will take to find them. A talented person might knock it out in an afternoon. Someone slower might take a few days. I can't see it taking any longer than that.

I'm open to discussion from anyone interested.

Bob

Comment

• Ken_NJ
                Captain
                • Sep 2014

My thought is are you looking for an entire build thread on one model or looking for individual tips or tricks on how to do something? Or maybe within a build thread someone has a great idea on one topic aside from the entire model they are working on. How far does it need to be broken down?

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                  • Aug 2009

Whoever takes this on (and my hopes are slowly dying as more and more time goes on with no takers), needs to able to think critically. I won't be there to clarify and approve threads. Basically, if there is good info out there that a builder would find useful, if that thread is laid out in a half-assed good format with easy to follow instructions and good photos, flag it down. Targeting a thread should take no more than a few minutes per (after it's located, of course), so better more than less.

I really don't want to do this myself, but if I do, I'm going to have to get mercenary.

Comment

Working...