Uploading Pictures ( yes, I saw the tutorial but....)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Groot689
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Mar 2016

Uploading Pictures ( yes, I saw the tutorial but....)

I am sure that this topic has been covered before and it's probably safe to say that mine is not the only problem of its kind so here goes. When I try to upload pictures as an attachment, I get an error message that says that they are too large. Huh? I looked at Bob's tutorial on the subject but it was not helpful nor did it resolve the problem. Is there a quick and easy way to upload images? I tried photobucket, my own computer, a Kodak Instamatic with flashcubes but I keep getting the error message. Please help
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Groot689
    I am sure that this topic has been covered before and it's probably safe to say that mine is not the only problem of its kind so here goes. When I try to upload pictures as an attachment, I get an error message that says that they are too large. Huh? I looked at Bob's tutorial on the subject but it was not helpful nor did it resolve the problem. Is there a quick and easy way to upload images? I tried photobucket, my own computer, a Kodak Instamatic with flashcubes but I keep getting the error message. Please help
    Hey, it took me forever to make it work. Photobucket is way too expensive. Go with ImageShack. Once you load the pictures to your host site reduce the picture size to 800X600, then attache those pictures to your text here.

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Groot689
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Mar 2016

Thanks David, I will definitely give it a shot.

Comment

• Groot689
        Lieutenant Commander
        • Mar 2016

I actually stumbled across another very easy method to resize pics. Go to the Paint program in Windows. Open up your image in Paint and then resize it. Save it and you are ready to upload. My life is meaning once again. Woo hoo

Comment

• RCSubGuy
          Welcome to my underwater realm!
          • Aug 2009

I use "image resizer for windows". Just right-click on the file, select "resize", select the size you want and hit GO. Super-easy.

Comment

• Scott T
            Commander
            • May 2009

I have used the Snipping Tool.
            Have the picture open Then snip. Save as 01, 02, 03, etc.
            Drop in paint to mark up and comment. Save and post.

I usually open Word and type all the text and insert the pictures.
            Then when ready to post you copy - paste the text then upload the pictures next.

Example:

The art of posting! 01 Boy that was easy for you. 02

Comment

• Amanda89
              Ensign
              • Jan 2020

this all of course well! but why don't I see the photos they put up?can someone explain what to do?

Comment

Working...