Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Das Boot
    Rear Admiral
    • Dec 2019

Traffic into Chattanooga was beyond horrid. It took about an hour to get 10 miles. The wife and I checked in at our hotel finally at 1700 in Ringgold. Very nice hotel next to a great restaurant called “Farm to Fork”. See y’all Friday.
    Casey
    Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

Comment

• SubDude
      Captain
      • Dec 2019

Originally posted by Das Boot
      Traffic into Chattanooga was beyond horrid. It took about an hour to get 10 miles. The wife and I checked in at our hotel finally at 1700 in Ringgold. Very nice hotel next to a great restaurant called “Farm to Fork”. See y’all Friday.
      Casey
      Glad you made it! There were 8 of us at dinner. It was good to see some folks from last year and meet David Meriman. It's going to be a good event.

Comment

• trout
        Admiral
        • Jul 2011

Sorry I could not make the dinner, I just got into my hotel room. See ya’ll tomorrow!
        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• rwtdiver
          Vice Admiral
          • Feb 2019

Originally posted by RCJetDude

Glad you made it! There were 8 of us at dinner. It was good to see some folks from last year and meet David Meriman. It's going to be a good event.
          Steve & Tom,

Glad you guys made it there safe and sound! Wish I could be there, but I will be there in heart and mind! Let them know Rob says HI!!

Have a great time!!!

Rob
          "Firemen can stand the heat"

Comment

• Das Boot
            Rear Admiral
            • Dec 2019

Good to meet everyone and I had a blast. Special thanks to Dave Merriman for letting me drive his fleet. Casey.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	008B7F2B-203F-4AE4-9651-BCF9567E7265.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	109.3 KB ID:	153773

Comment

• BWRIGHT
              Lieutenant, Junior Grade
              • Aug 2020

I had a great time last year. Wish i could have been there this year. Everyone enjoy yourselves and safe journeys.

Comment

• Ken_NJ
                Captain
                • Sep 2014

Teaser video from my girlfriends iPhone. There's much more video taken, and pictures. Looking forward to Bob's video with interviews!

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                  Welcome to my underwater realm!
                  • Aug 2009

For everyone who took pics and video, I'd love to get a hold of the footage for potential inclusion in the event summary and final event video. You can send physical memory cards to my home address at:

Bob Martin
                  74 S Horizon Ridge Ct
                  Spring, TX 77381

Or you can transfer even massive files to my email for free through WeTransfer.com. Bob@rc-sub.com.

Thanks, Everyone!

Bob

Comment

• Ken_NJ
                    Captain
                    • Sep 2014

Bob, I forgot my SD and USB dongles for my Mac. Will get my pics and video to you this coming weekend when I get home.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                      • Aug 2008

I'll send off my SD cards off before the end of the week. Excellent event. Loved every minute of it. Well done, sir!

David
                      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
                        Admiral
                        • Jul 2011

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cohutta_001s.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	153781
                        I got this shot of Ken's T2 sub _ I think it is my favorite picture so far!
                        Bob, I will get all I have to you when I get back to Las Vegas.
                        ​​​​​​​
                        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Sinksalot
                          Commander
                          • Mar 2020

1/45 scale Engel Type IX U848 Uboat at Subfest 2021 being followed by a ROV.

Comment

• Das Boot
                            Rear Admiral
                            • Dec 2019

Too cool. Going to be some great video from this event.

Comment

• jphatton
                              Lieutenant
                              • Jan 2021

[QUOTE=Sinksalot;n153782]1/45 scale Engel Type IX U848 Uboat at Subfest 2021 being followed by a ROV.

Nice video.

It is interesting to see the for and aft plane movements and periodic pitch movement of the boat - I assume there is an automatic pitch controller fitted

Comment

• SubDude
                                Captain
                                • Dec 2019

[QUOTE=jphatton;n153788]
                                Originally posted by Sinksalot
                                1/45 scale Engel Type IX U848 Uboat at Subfest 2021 being followed by a ROV.

Nice video.

It is interesting to see the for and aft plane movements and periodic pitch movement of the boat - I assume there is an automatic pitch controller fitted
                                The boat has a pitch control and depth control with both the bow and stern planes tied to them. There is the possibility that the pitch control needs to have it's sensitivity adjusted. This was the first time its performance underwater was observed.

Comment

Working...