Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SubDude
    replied
    Originally posted by trout
    Tomorrow night I will be packing for the trek to GA. It has been a fun time this past week, I broke my skipjack, fixed it, broke it, fixed it.....now it leaves little tine for doing beauty fixes on the Gato and test time for other subs I intend to bring.......In the words of David, F*** it. I will take the jabs and figure I have plenty of pool time to work on the subs once I am there. Really looking forward to meeting many faces I have only read about or communicated through electronic formats. Anyways, let the journey begin!
    Safe travels sir.

Leave a comment:

• wlambing
    replied
    Dawn dishwashing liquid, a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, or a 3M Greenie pad will take care of the ring! Simple Green, too if you can get it!! :)

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    Tomorrow night I will be packing for the trek to GA. It has been a fun time this past week, I broke my skipjack, fixed it, broke it, fixed it.....now it leaves little tine for doing beauty fixes on the Gato and test time for other subs I intend to bring.......In the words of David, F*** it. I will take the jabs and figure I have plenty of pool time to work on the subs once I am there. Really looking forward to meeting many faces I have only read about or communicated through electronic formats. Anyways, let the journey begin!

Leave a comment:

• SubDude
    replied
    Wow! I had to look that one up. Who'd a thunk!?!

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by Rick Teskey
    Amber gris?
    "There she blows!"...

Leave a comment:

• Rick Teskey
    replied
    Amber gris?

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by RCJetDude
    If you get too bad David we could just throw you in the lake for a bit. That would get most of the gook off. I often get those big bath washcloths from the elderly care section at Walmart. They come 8 to a pack and do a great job. They are like an adult version of baby wipes.
    Cement pool. Fresh water. Bar of soap. Problem solved! But, what about the ring I leave around the pools perimeter? Does the EPA have to get involved? Who's gonna de-grease all the wildlife that visits this place?

I have questions, damnit!

David

Leave a comment:

• SubDude
    replied
    If you get too bad David we could just throw you in the lake for a bit. That would get most of the gook off. I often get those big bath washcloths from the elderly care section at Walmart. They come 8 to a pack and do a great job. They are like an adult version of baby wipes.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Subculture
    I’d have thought a quick wipe round the undercarriage, and a rub down with gasoline would’ve seen your right for day, being an ex submariner, Dave.
    ... followed by the careless toss of a lit match.

(your not helping, Andy!)

David
    The Filthy

Leave a comment:

• Subculture
    replied
    I’d have thought a quick wipe round the undercarriage, and a rub down with gasoline would’ve seen your right for day, being an ex submariner, Dave.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by RCJetDude

Toilets are available. Last year I slept on a cot under one of the shelters inside the fence and the facilities were available all night. It is essentially a swimming pool and if I am not mistaken I think Allan the grounds keeper got a shower there.
    That would be perfect. Thanks for the word, sir.

David

Leave a comment:

• SubDude
    replied
    Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
    Hey, what's the deal on the availability of toilets and showers at Red Clay? I'm going to be camping there for three (maybe four) days out of my van. And you guy's don't want me anywhere near you without my daily hose-down and de-lousing. Are the facilities available all night, and if not, when do they lock up?

David
    Toilets are available. Last year I slept on a cot under one of the shelters inside the fence and the facilities were available all night. It is essentially a swimming pool and if I am not mistaken I think Allan the grounds keeper got a shower there.

Leave a comment:

• SubDude
    replied
    Originally posted by Ken_NJ

What about the bottom? Is it raw rough concrete?
    If you go deep enough or come close enough to the shore to scrape the bottom, yes, the concrete could scrape the paint on the bottom of your hull.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Hey, what's the deal on the availability of toilets and showers at Red Clay? I'm going to be camping there for three (maybe four) days out of my van. And you guy's don't want me anywhere near you without my daily hose-down and de-lousing. Are the facilities available all night, and if not, when do they lock up?

David

Leave a comment:

• Ken_NJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Das Boot

Plenty deep. The deep end is about 30 feet. Shallow end is an incline and goes deeper as you walk. But it's plenty deep to launch even a huge boat.
    What about the bottom? Is it raw rough concrete?

Leave a comment:

Working...