Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SubDude
    replied
    Originally posted by Das Boot
    Traffic into Chattanooga was beyond horrid. It took about an hour to get 10 miles. The wife and I checked in at our hotel finally at 1700 in Ringgold. Very nice hotel next to a great restaurant called “Farm to Fork”. See y’all Friday.
    Casey
    Glad you made it! There were 8 of us at dinner. It was good to see some folks from last year and meet David Meriman. It's going to be a good event.

Leave a comment:

• Das Boot
    replied
    Traffic into Chattanooga was beyond horrid. It took about an hour to get 10 miles. The wife and I checked in at our hotel finally at 1700 in Ringgold. Very nice hotel next to a great restaurant called “Farm to Fork”. See y’all Friday.
    Casey

Leave a comment:

• Ken_NJ
    replied
    Made it to Chattanooga. Left Wednesday, overnight stop in Roanoke. No making the dinner. See ya all tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• SubDude
    replied
    I just stopped by the resort and the water is crystal clear!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210923_161241.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	153736

Name:	20210923_161305.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	153737

Leave a comment:

• RCSubGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Ken_NJ
    Question about the 'pond'. This will be my first time at Subfest. How deep is it? I know it's a concrete 'pond'. Is the bottom concrete? Just thinking of a boat scraping against the bottom if it should happen.
    The pond is about 14ft deep at the center, if memory serves. 90% of it is concrete lined except the very center.

I'm flying in tonight and will try to make the restaurant. Likely I'll be in around 6:30pm or so if the car pickup process goes smoothly at Chattanooga.

See y'all there!

Bob

Leave a comment:

• rwtdiver
    replied
    Originally posted by Das Boot

Name:	63853230-5AE2-4225-8C35-A395895C97D5.jpeg
Views:	268
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	153717 Left the sonar dome for last to paint. Damn tape leaked a bit. Touched it up. All I need to do is pack. Me and the wife are leaving at 1300 Thursday. We’re going to eat Thursday night and I’ll see everyone bright and early Friday morning. I would come out Thursday night but Dave needs his beauty sleep.
    Casey
    Hope all you guys have a SAFE trip, and loads of fun! For those of us that could not make it, make sure you take tons of photos and videos!

Stay SAFE and have fun!!!!!

Rob
    "Firemen can stand the heat"

Leave a comment:

• Das Boot
    replied

Name:	63853230-5AE2-4225-8C35-A395895C97D5.jpeg
Views:	268
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	153717 Left the sonar dome for last to paint. Damn tape leaked a bit. Touched it up. All I need to do is pack. Me and the wife are leaving at 1300 Thursday. We’re going to eat Thursday night and I’ll see everyone bright and early Friday morning. I would come out Thursday night but Dave needs his beauty sleep.
    Casey

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

Stop breaking stuff, you idiot! Slow, steady steps, pal. See you pool side.

David
    It seems to be my nature to break things. No argument on the idiot part.
    For the record, I will not cuddle with you pool side if you get cold, just say’n.

Leave a comment:

• rwtdiver
    replied
    Originally posted by eckloss
    I'm not bringing any operational boats this year. so I'm just going to take another 3,762 pics again this year. I will however be bringing a test print of a 1/72 Borei.
    eckloss,

If the 3D printed Borei from Nautilus Drydocks is the files you are talking about!?

Name:	Borei 955.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	153707

I can tell you the files where really great! This shot shows the boat in for testing before any finish work at all! Have a great time at SubFest!

Rob

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by eckloss
    I'm not bringing any operational boats this year. so I'm just going to take another 3,762 pics again this year. I will however be bringing a test print of a 1/72 Borei.
    I'm bringing ten. I'm sure there will be one in the litter you want to play with.

David

Leave a comment:

• eckloss
    replied

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    Originally posted by rwtdiver

Have a safe journey Tom! Lots of photos! Take care!

Rob
    Thank you Rob! Planning on taking video and photos!

Leave a comment:

• rwtdiver
    replied
    Originally posted by trout
    Tomorrow night I will be packing for the trek to GA. It has been a fun time this past week, I broke my skipjack, fixed it, broke it, fixed it.....now it leaves little tine for doing beauty fixes on the Gato and test time for other subs I intend to bring.......In the words of David, F*** it. I will take the jabs and figure I have plenty of pool time to work on the subs once I am there. Really looking forward to meeting many faces I have only read about or communicated through electronic formats. Anyways, let the journey begin!
    Have a safe journey Tom! Lots of photos! Take care!

Rob

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by trout
    Tomorrow night I will be packing for the trek to GA. It has been a fun time this past week, I broke my skipjack, fixed it, broke it, fixed it.....now it leaves little tine for doing beauty fixes on the Gato and test time for other subs I intend to bring.......In the words of David, F*** it. I will take the jabs and figure I have plenty of pool time to work on the subs once I am there. Really looking forward to meeting many faces I have only read about or communicated through electronic formats. Anyways, let the journey begin!
    Stop breaking stuff, you idiot! Slow, steady steps, pal. See you pool side.

David

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by RCJetDude
    Wow! I had to look that one up. Who'd a thunk!?!
    I blame Melville!

Don't give the Canadian too much credit, Steve. Rick just watched one-too-many Bob Burgers episodes.

(guess I did too).

David

Leave a comment:

Working...