David Merriman
835 Holly Hedge Ave.
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
Today's work on the little Revell SKIPJACK fittings kit
Collapse
X
-
Thanks, M, but not necessary to replace it!!
However, I'll send it to you to check out!!
Gimmee a good snail mail address and I'll do a priority mailing to you!
Mine is:
Gary Vejmola (aka: crazygary)
21780 Oak Hill Lane
Clovis, CA 93619Leave a comment:
-
I test 'em before they go out. Would you return it to me so I can find out what went sour. Also, give me your address and I'll send you a replacement unit.
MLeave a comment:
-
Hi, M!
Just a bit of a "heads up" regarding the motor fit on the 1 1/4"SD.
I finally got the UM-1 crystal I've been waiting for, and hooked everything up for
test purposes. The motor hangs up quite a bit. It seems that either the motor shaft is a little
bent, or the brass shaft extension is! Pretty eccentric!
I have a couple of Mabuchi 130s' on hand, and some 1/8" brass rod, so I can make what I need
to, but someone else may not be so fortunate!
Might could want to test them before shipping so someone else out there doesn't raise a
whole lotta hell!! Some peoples money is a little tighter than others. I'm good, tho'!!
CGLeave a comment:
-
The tube fits fine, it's the o-ring compression that was the problem-o!
Besides, the wall thickness on them thar flanges be pretty "stout", eh?
Woulda thunk they'd crack afore ye could "mash" 'em!!
I did a little filing in the o-ring grooves and now, when ya look at 'em, they
don't look like a 3/32" wide paint line!! Dey wuz kinda fricken TIGHT!!!! Mama MIA!!!!
All is well tho', but the linkage is still a PITA!! Hah!!
But, ess comin' along, Lucy!! No more 'splaining to do!!!
Photos in a while, in the little Gato build thread!!
Comin' up on "beer-thirty"!! YEEEhah!!
grasshopperLeave a comment:
-
Don't get anal on me now, Gary. The tube mashes the servo-box flange back into the round. Don't sweat the small stuff!
Proceed.
MLeave a comment:
-
Mornin', M!!
Bit of a "heads up" regarding the servo box on the 1 1/4" SD....
For whatever reason, the rounded ends where the tubes attach are a bit oval shaped, which, in turn, affects the o-ring grooves.
In fitting things for my Gato, I found that the areas in question are about .015" larger from top-to-bottom,
than from side-to-side. I'm going to "massage" mine so that the O-rings don't have so much excessive compression,
but was pretty sure that you would want to be made aware of this, just in case someone *****es you out about it!
Maybe a bit of "mold shift"?? "Murphys Law" for sure!! Hope it's an easy fix for you if you haven't noticed it before!
crazygaryLeave a comment:
-
Hiya, M!!
Regarding the screw that holds the Skippys upper hull piece to the lower..
Is that a 2-56 thread?? I know for a fact that it's smaller than a 4-40, 'cuz
that's the biggest tap I have and it's "monstrous" next that little screw!!
I'm sure I can just drill it and let the screw cut its own threads, but...
you know us P.I.A. machinists!! Hah!!
Thanks, M!Leave a comment:
-
Just "recently" bought a Wfly 6-channel TX from Caswell. Don't know if it's "dumb" or not!!?? Unfortunately, Social Security alone doesn't
allow me to make a lot of indiscriminate purchases, so I gotta pick-n-choose!! Bummer!!
Have done a little preliminary "fiddling" with the Trumpy Gato. Want to get into it a little deeper before I begin the build thread, cuz I'm
sure I'll have to set her aside from time to time due to the whims of "You-Know-Who"!!
I'd rather not let the build drag on "ad-infinitum" with a lot of lag times between posts. I can probably kick it off early next week. Got some forthcoming Lions Club business to attend to shortly!!
Meanwhile, I'll get a little "mileage" racked up to give me a head start. Looking forward to a fun build!!
Have a great weekend, M!Leave a comment:
-
File that decal thing away till you tackle another plastic model kit (wish they would join the 21st Century and shift to dry-transfers!).
I assume you have a 'dumb' transmitter. In that case operate your throttle only with the trim slide. Get a 'computer' transmitter, you cheap so-and-so!
OK, I now permit you to talk about the little GATO. What's up with that? Start a new thread and make it a proper, dedicated, WIP.
MLeave a comment:
-
Thanks, M!!
Yeah! I should have known better than to put waterslides on a matte surface! Thought that a spray
of dull-coat would take care of the silvering, but......hindsight???
Not sure as to how to go about setting an end-point on the TX. Is there a "mechanical" means???
Your input is always appreciated!
Much more good stuff coming down the pike!! Fun ride for sure!Leave a comment:
-
Finally! Got those pictures up. Thanks for working it till it happened. That determination is needed in this game of ours.
Very nice job on that little model kit. Don't you just hate water-slide decals!!!!! Next time apply them over a gloss finish (well polished), accompanied by a vingar soaking -- that will snuggle the little *******s down tight without 'silvering'.
Love that you pined the stern planes outboard bearing points -- you are the complete model kit assembler, aren't you?!
Now, the fun part: getting that little go-getter just a tad on the light side of neutrally buoyant. And before you do anything else, dial the transmitters throttle channel (should be channel-3) end-point down to 30% ahead, and 30% astern or you will poke a hole in your tub!
Keep at it, Tiger! This thing is a real fun ride.
MLeave a comment:
Leave a comment: