Today's work on the little Revell SKIPJACK fittings kit

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by vital.spark
    David,

    In post 156, one of the pictures shows a hole drilled in the Fwd bulkhead and a small tube in it. Could you explain what tis is for and how to use it?

    This little subdriver is giving me more headaches the the other 3 I have. This thing is tighter then OJ's glove!!!!!!! I finally found a battery that would fit!! Now I'm waiting for Kevin and the upgraded ADF 2 which will work with the 6 Channel Synthesized Corona Receiver.

    Regards,

    Myron

    You install the bulkhead with the 1/16" hole in its center, then equip the screeding blade with a four-inch long length of 1/16" brass rod. Drill a 1/16" hole in the bow of the hull. You run the rod into the bow, and into the bulkhead -- two-point bearings that keep the rod oriented longitudinally into the model. The screeding blade rotates around the boats longitudinal axis as it scrapes away uncured two-part automotive filler re-contouring the models too blunt bow.

    We having fun yet?

    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0185.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	81238Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0135.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	81239Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0139.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	81240

    David

    Leave a comment:


  • vital.spark
    replied
    David,

    In post 156, one of the pictures shows a hole drilled in the Fwd bulkhead and a small tube in it. Could you explain what tis is for and how to use it?

    This little subdriver is giving me more headaches the the other 3 I have. This thing is tighter then OJ's glove!!!!!!! I finally found a battery that would fit!! Now I'm waiting for Kevin and the upgraded ADF 2 which will work with the 6 Channel Synthesized Corona Receiver.

    Regards,

    Myron

    Leave a comment:


  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by small sub guy
    Is there a scribe templete for the mini SkipJack???
    Yup. Mine. Not available. Make your own.

    Leave a comment:


  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by diverdown
    What adhesive do you apply to secure the Lexan cover to the servo box? Thank you.
    RTV.......................

    Leave a comment:


  • small sub guy
    replied
    Is there a scribe templete for the mini SkipJack???

    Leave a comment:


  • diverdown
    replied
    What adhesive do you apply to secure the Lexan cover to the servo box? Thank you.

    Leave a comment:


  • secrtwpn
    replied
    Great! Thank you!

    Leave a comment:


  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by secrtwpn
    Still another...............How does the aft movable hortizontal diving plane attach to the non-moving part? (besides the wire attaching to the inner part)

    Thx again
    Here's how I hook things up:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0106.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	68443Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0111.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	68444Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0114.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	68445Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0164.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	68448Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0166.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	68449Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0169.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	68450Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0170.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	68451Click image for larger version

Name:	023.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	68455Click image for larger version

Name:	024.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	68456Click image for larger version

Name:	042.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	68457

    As to the means of holding the outboard ends of the stern planes to the outboard bearings of the fixed stabilizers: two short lengths of teeni-whincie-mini diameter wire (.010" or so) or streached-sprue.


    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0088.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	68439Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0065.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	68440Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0063.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	68441Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0066.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	68442Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0014.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	68446Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0043.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	68447
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0034.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	68453Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0042.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	68454
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • secrtwpn
    replied
    Still another...............How does the aft movable hortizontal diving plane attach to the non-moving part? (besides the wire attaching to the inner part)

    Thx again

    Leave a comment:


  • secrtwpn
    replied
    Yet another dumb question.............Do you have any photos/drawings of the electronics connected together? Thx again

    PS looks like I've been promoted!

    Leave a comment:


  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    GRRRrrrrrr.....!

    Leave a comment:


  • secrtwpn
    replied
    .................Duh I meant to say Evercoat

    Leave a comment:


  • secrtwpn
    replied
    Evergreen it is ...............:-)

    Leave a comment:


  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by secrtwpn
    In a week (when we are back from vacation) I'm gonna start the reshaping of the bow. Any other substances besides the Evercoat (such as Milliput) that would work. I'm not familar with the Evercoat line. And any suggestions how to do it.......
    If I ment Milliput, I would have SAID Milliput.

    Too stiff!

    I said to use one of the Evercoat two-part fillers for a reason!

    That reason is the very smooth, easy to spread, nature of the stuff!

    Mr. Caswell caries it, I recommend either the Evercoat Metal Glaze or Rage.

    Get hoping!

    Don't make me come over there!

    David

    Leave a comment:


  • secrtwpn
    replied
    In a week (when we are back from vacation) I'm gonna start the reshaping of the bow. Any other substances besides the Evercoat (such as Milliput) that would work. I'm not familar with the Evercoat line. And any suggestions how to do it.......

    Leave a comment:

Working...