Today's work on the little Revell SKIPJACK fittings kit

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • crazygary
    replied
    I think I've got it, now!!
    When replying to a post, whereby I need to add attachments, if I do so in
    "Advanced", it works like a champ!!

    Didn't have to do that before, but.....whatever works!

    Anyway, there she is! Waiting for one more electrical component to arrive, then I can proceed!!

    For anyone noticing them, the outboard pins on the aft diving planes have yet to be trimmed!!




    Click image for larger version

Name:	hull bottom.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	89926Click image for larger version

Name:	port bow.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	89927Click image for larger version

Name:	portside.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	89928

    Leave a comment:


  • crazygary
    replied
    Hi, Tom!!

    Yep!! That's the procedure I've been following!
    Can't imagine what the h*ll's going on!!

    Leave a comment:


  • crazygary
    replied
    One more time!!!!



    Accidentally got one to stick!! It "auto saved", then asked if I wanted to restore "auto saved", which I did!
    Damned if I can make it happen again, tho'!!
    Will try for a couple more!! (Pray 4 me!!)

    Geez!! Just shoot me now!!
    Gonna hit "post quick reply", and see what happens!!

    Leave a comment:


  • trout
    replied
    Gary,
    Where is it not working?
    When you click on Basic Uploader does this come up?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Posting Error2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	89925
    Can you select a photo? (only one)
    Then what happens when you click upload files circled in red?
    Want to see your sub, so let me know.
    Peace,
    tom

    Leave a comment:


  • crazygary
    replied
    Mornin', all!!

    Good call, M!! Didn't even consider running the pushrod outside the hull!! I can do this!! Was a little
    concerned about the bow planes' "dihedral" making diving problematic anyway!!

    Have been trying the "basic uploader", Tom!! No luck, so far, but will keep at it until it works for me!!

    Gonna give it another shot right now!! Fingers crossed!

    ******!! Am doing this from my new laptop and can't imagine that something need to be configured to allow me to upload images??
    The photos I posted a few weeks ago were done on my old notebook, and worked fine!!??
    As "luck" would have it, the old machine won't hold a wifi signal long enough for me to try again!

    Murphy's Law??????????

    Leave a comment:


  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0041.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	89923Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0041.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	89923Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0041.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	89923

    test (this better work, Tom!!!!)

    HEY!!! ... it worked. Thanks, Tom.

    M
    Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 02-10-2014, 08:33 AM. Reason: do'n what Tom said

    Leave a comment:


  • trout
    replied
    Originally posted by crazygary
    Trying for the Skipjack photos, again!
    Ach!! Scheistepoopen!!! Still a "no-go"!
    Did you try the basic uploader?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Posting Error.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	89919
    You can select one picture then click on upload, go back and add the second and so forth and so on

    Leave a comment:


  • alad61
    replied
    David could you run the front and rear planes in a similar set up as the Seaview?

    Leave a comment:


  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    You can make the 1/144 GATO stern planes work, you'll have to run the pushrod and planes bell-crank outside. No biggie. Using bow planes are very poor substitute for stern planes. You will be the first I know of. Go for it.

    M

    Leave a comment:


  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    You can make the 1/144 GATO stern planes work, you'll have to run the pushrod and planes bell-crank outside. No biggie. Using bow planes are very poor substitute for stern planes. You will be the first I know of. Go for it.

    M

    Leave a comment:


  • crazygary
    replied
    Trying for the Skipjack photos, again!
    Ach!! Scheistepoopen!!! Still a "no-go"!

    Leave a comment:


  • crazygary
    replied
    Would really like to post some photos, but am having the same troubles
    as everyone else. Can't get the photos to download to the message!

    I'll keep trying, but, she looks just like everyone else's except for the fact that she's mine! YEEEE-hah!!

    Gettin' antsy to start on the Trumpeter 1/144 Gato! Should be interesting as there don't appear to be
    any previous builds "out there"! Guess I'll "pioneer" one for the "Gipper"!!

    The 1 1/4" SD works out perfectly for it! Molded in baffles inside the hull just happen to let the Skippy's SD
    snuggle right in there! Just have to make the tubes a bit longer cuz' the sub's considerably
    longer than the Skippy!!

    No room in the aft area for dive plane linkage, so will have to rely on the forward planes to "get down"!!
    Plenty of room in the bow!

    Leave a comment:


  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Damn! I want to see this thing!

    M

    Leave a comment:


  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Damn! I want to see this thing!

    M

    Leave a comment:


  • crazygary
    replied
    Houston.... We have Skippy!!!!
    Just a few pix of my nearly completed "first-ever-sub"!!
    I've been "walkin'-the-walk", M!!
    Waiting for my Lepton6 RX from the Caswell boys, then I can get her trimmed,
    all "electronicked-up", and in the pool for her much anticipated maiden voyage!

    O.K.!! Scratch the part about the pix!! Can't make it happen!!

    Leave a comment:

Working...