Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slats
    Vice Admiral
    • Aug 2008

For those that are interested here is a link to the film I mentioned. Not something I'd race out and buy, but nonetheless I was very happy to see my beautiful wife made such an effort to buy me something I had not thought of.

It features a fictional 1950's T class "Trojan". The film was almost never released due to the loss in 1950 of a T class, HMS Truculent.

from wikipedia:-
    "Filming finished shortly before HMS Truculent sank, and the film was almost withdrawn. The decision was made to release the film as planned, and to add the following message that appears in the opening credits of the film.

This film was completed before the tragic loss of HMS Truculent, and earnest consideration has been given as to the desirability of presenting it so soon after this grievous disaster. The Producers have decided to offer the film in the spirit in which it was made, as a tribute to the officers and men of H.M. Submarines, and to the Royal Navy of which they are a part."
    - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Truculent_(P315)

....Mike have you seen this film?

J
    Last edited by Slats; 06-27-2011, 01:02 AM.
    John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
    Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Kazzer
      • Aug 2008

Click image for larger version

Name:	july sub 003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	63137

The plug takes shape. Final sanding and shaping comes next.
      Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• greenman407
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

Hey Mike, Ive just caught on to this thread and its great what youve got going. I will follow it with great interest. Just as a side note here the two Pictures that you posted of the HMS Thames on page 1 doesnt belong in this group. The Thames was a class of three boats that were not part of the "T" class. Keep up the good work. Did I miss the size that this boat is going to be?
        IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• Kazzer
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by greenman407
          Just as a side note here the two Pictures that you posted of the HMS Thames on page 1 doesnt belong in this group. The Thames was a class of three boats that were not part of the "T" class. Keep up the good work. Did I miss the size that this boat is going to be?

I looked at those pics and thought they looked a little odd. The bow wasn't right. I guess I should remove them?

My T is a 1:72 scale boat.

Comment

• Rpmtech1
            Lieutenant Commander
            • Dec 2009

Holy smokes he's building a plug.... :)

Comment

• oztruck
              Commander
              • May 2010

There is going to be more than just the one I hope.

Comment

• Kazzer
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Rpmtech1
                Holy smokes he's building a plug.... :)

Nope! Not me! I'm paying for it to be done. I am going to try to make the molds from the remaining model I have for the m1

Yes, there will be more than one - lots more hopefully.

Comment

• Rpmtech1
                  Lieutenant Commander
                  • Dec 2009

Well, I wish me and MR M were not so screwed in the time department. I think, and you know that we have enough to do!

Look forward to seeing this.

Comment

• gunther
                    Ensign
                    • Mar 2011

ur first photo of a "t" class is how i remember them. they would exercise with our navy down here in newzealand..(mid 50's)
                    after exercising, they would do ports of call, the one that was here the most was HMS TELEMACHUS.
                    my dad being ex navy would take me down and i would spend an hour or to playing up in the conning tower whilst he would be down below having a drink or two before taking some of the crew away for a rabbit shoot, which would be consumed that night along with more beer and whiskey at our place..

Comment

• gunther
                      Ensign
                      • Mar 2011

p.s. if i had know that rick was building one of the "t" class i would have ordered that instead of the "kilo" i have coming down under..but still happy im getting a great sub"..

Comment

• Kazzer
                        • Aug 2008

The Plug progresses.

Click image for larger version

Name:	late july 009.jpg
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	63393Click image for larger version

Name:	late july 010.jpg
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	63394Click image for larger version

Name:	late july 011.jpg
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	63395Click image for larger version

Name:	late july 012.jpg
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	63396Click image for larger version

Name:	late july 013.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	63397

We're one step closer. Next, to make the molds.

Comment

• Kazzer
                          • Aug 2008

I've asked the guys over at the Barrow-In-Furness Submariners site for any information they can help with on the T Class. Lofty was kind enough to offer up the following valuable information.

have look at http://www.rnsubs.co.uk/Dits/Articles/ds48.php

Section 4a HMS TABARD , there are plenty of GIII pics on the web, but this is an unusual one as it shows clearly the stern tubes with the doors open.

I seem to have got it from U-Boat net . Might be bigger there .

Also have a look at http://www.rnsubs.co.uk/Boats/BoatDB...416&flag=class

The DATA BASE for the T class on this web site.

Dorset S/ms gallery http://www.dorsetsubmariners.org.uk/gallery/album.php?album=T Boats

It's also interesting to see John Lambert's Submarine plans as he's documented the Slippery Ts.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                            • Aug 2008

Mike,

I strongly suggest you make this tool with a rubber glove-mold. That deep draft area between tank top and external torpedo tube fairing is a sure point of entrapment should you go the hard-shell approach.

Concentrate on cleaning up the master then turn it over to me -- later this year after I've dug myself out of the current work-load -- for tool making. And by then you will have secured enough detail dope for me to detail the master with all the panel, weld lines, limber holes, and what-not's that a rubber tool can capture with exacting detail. Let's do this beauty justice.

I have spoken!

David,
                            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Rpmtech1
                              Lieutenant Commander
                              • Dec 2009

OMG, what a glass layup nightmare making those hulls will be.

Comment

• greenman407
                                Admiral
                                • Feb 2009

If I did my math right thats 46" long. Is that right?
                                IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

Working...