X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RCSubGuy
    Welcome to my underwater realm!
    • Aug 2009

Custom Dry Transfers- coming soon!

Thanks to the efforts of my new right hand man, Jason, we now have a procedure for making in-house dry transfers!

While I don't know if I am yet at the point to start taking orders, I'd love to see any artwork for your boats that you need. I'd be willing to have a go at bringing them into fruition at no cost to the first few people that reach out, just to ensure we have the capabilities locked down.

I'm also thinking that "standard" dry transfers for DSRV markings, depth markings, hull numbers, etc would be a good idea in standard scales such as 1/72, 1/96 and 1/48. If anyone would like to join forces to bring such a product into fruition, I'd love to work together to make it happen!

Bob
  • a1965l
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Apr 2020

What kind of files do you require for your printer? And you would just need a basic outline, etc? I'd certainly be interested in 1/72 dsrv and waterline markings, and probablly other stuff.
    "It does not take so many words to speak the truth" Chief Joseph

Comment

• QuarterMaster
      Rear Admiral
      • Sep 2015

Awesome Sauce!

Try this! I was going to use the other place you had recommended, but in house one stop-shopping is better!!

The following is the size I believe s/b good for the Teskey PROTEUS , as the dimensions are not recorded anywhere I've seen, so I guesstimated it by eye.

Close enough for Government work as my Chief used to say!

Overall length of "EXP. OCEANOGRAPHIC" should be scaled to 2.50" or 64mm in "mERRImAN" units. (duck!!)

Click image for larger version  Name:	U91035_Decals_Dim.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.0 KB ID:	141771

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_43704.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	141773

"Sub" Ed
      Last edited by QuarterMaster; 07-17-2020, 10:43 AM.
      v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
      NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
      USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• RCSubGuy
        • Aug 2009

Ed,

The "Propulsion Intake" section is roughly to scale with the "USN" section? Both around 2.5" wide?

Comment

• QuarterMaster
          Rear Admiral
          • Sep 2015

Actually Bob, as depicted, slightly larger.

If the USN section is scale to 2.5" everything would scale accordingly.

Ed
          v/r "Sub" Ed

USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• Das Boot
            Rear Admiral
            • Dec 2019

Originally posted by QuarterMaster
            Actually Bob, as depicted, slightly larger.

If the USN section is scale to 2.5" everything would scale accordingly.

Ed
            Ed, you know anyone that has RC’d the Moebius Proteus?
            Casey
            Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

Comment

• RCSubGuy
              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by QuarterMaster
              Awesome Sauce!

Try this! I was going to use the other place you had recommended, but in house one stop-shopping is better!!

The following is the size I believe s/b good for the Teskey PROTEUS , as the dimensions are not recorded anywhere I've seen, so I guesstimated it by eye.

Close enough for Government work as my Chief used to say!

Overall length of "EXP. OCEANOGRAPHIC" should be scaled to 2.50" or 64mm in "mERRImAN" units. (duck!!)

Click image for larger version Name:	U91035_Decals_Dim.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.0 KB ID:	141771

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_43704.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	141773

"Sub" Ed
              Ed,

Not sure where my brain was when I saw your inquiry, but as you've got black text on a white hull, why not just print clear decals? You can do that at home with home decal kits. I could do that for you, too, if you'd like.

Bob

Comment

• QuarterMaster
                Rear Admiral
                • Sep 2015

Originally posted by SubHuman

Ed,

Not sure where my brain was when I saw your inquiry, but as you've got black text on a white hull, why not just print clear decals? You can do that at home with home decal kits. I could do that for you, too, if you'd like.

Bob
                Don't have a color printer for the red w/white lettering, so please do, Paypal an invoice.
                v/r "Sub" Ed

Comment

• QuarterMaster
                  Rear Admiral
                  • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Das Boot

Ed, you know anyone that has RC’d the Moebius Proteus?
                  Casey
                  Not at this time Casey.

I'm actually looking at the model itself right now. Shouldn't be an issue as a dynamic diver w/today's electronics.
                  v/r "Sub" Ed

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                    • Aug 2009

I'm on it, Ed!
                    Just the two copies (sides)?

Bob

Comment

• QuarterMaster
                      Rear Admiral
                      • Sep 2015

Yes Bob,

That one photo cover Port AND Starboard.

One and a backup would be great!

Thanks!!
                      v/r "Sub" Ed

Comment

Working...